We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you've moved house in Australia, there's a good chance you're familiar with domain.com.au. For added convenience, you can also get Domain Insure home insurance.
- It comes with a few helpful perks like automatic cover for accidental breakage of fixed glass panels covered.
- Seeing as most of us do our property searching on Domain, it's pretty convenient. It also has a 24/7 claims service.
- You get a 15% online discount when you sign up for a new home and contents insurance policy. Some policies offer as much as 30% though.
Review by our insurance writer Gary Hunter
Domain Insure cover options
Looking for a policy with Domain Insure? Get a quote below.
What policy options are available from Domain Insure?
Domain Insure provides three insurance policy options: combined Home Building and Contents, Home Building Insurance and Home Contents Insurance. These policies can cover you for the following:
Covers your home (e.g. the building itself) and your belongings inside it.
Cover for loss or damage to your home, including the windows, the roof and the building itself.
This one looks after the belongings inside your home only, such as your TV, carpets and jewellery.
What do Domain Insure's home and contents policies cover?
Want to know exactly what's included in Domain Insure's policies? Check out the table below:
|Home Building and Contents||Home Building Insurance||Home Contents Insurance|
|Escape of liquid|
|Earthquake and tsunami|
|Theft, attempted theft and burglary|
|Vandalism or a malicious act|
|Legal liability||Up to $20 million||Up to $20 million||Up to $20 million|
|Sum insured safety net|
What isn't covered?
Here are some general exclusions that you will not be covered for with a Domain Insure policy:
- Action of the sea, tidal wave or high tide
- Storm surge
- Theft or attempted theft by you, your tenant or someone who lives at the insured address
- Malicious or intentional acts by you, your tenant or someone who lives at the insured address
- Any illegal activity that you or your family are involved in
- Malicious damage or vandalism by your tenant
- A computer virus or hacking
How can I make a claim with Domain Insure?
To make a claim, you can call Domain Insure on 1300 370 456 at any time. An end-to-end online claim management tool will be available soon. To get the claims process underway, get in touch with Domain Insure as soon as it is safe for you to do so. You'll be required to tell them what's happened and provide the following information:
- Your policy information
- Information about the incident, such as where the damage occurred, what time it occurred at, who was involved and how it happened
- Any photo or video evidence
Domain Insure will then assess your claim and get back to you within a few days to let you know about your claim.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Ask an Expert