Receive cover for up to 10 injuries with Freedom Accidental Injury cover
The Accidental Injury Cover offered by Freedom Insurance is a great method of ensuring your lifestyle and relieving your loved ones from stressing over these possible ‘what if?’ scenarios. Offered in conjunction with the Freedom Insurance Accidental Death Cover, the Accidental Injury Cover will provide a lump sum payment of up to $200,000 if the insured person suffers any one of the 10 specified injuries as a result of an accident.
With your possible financial woes covered and taken care of in the case of an unexpected accidental injury, all you’ll have left to do is focus on your speedy recovery and restoring your health so that you can be there for your loved ones once again.
What does the policy cover?
Only offered as an additional benefit available with the Freedom Insurance Accidental Death Cover, the Freedom Insurance Accidental Injury Policy provides a lump sum payment of up to $200,000 – or $30,000 for those who are 17 years or younger – if the injured person suffers any one of the following conditions as a direct result of an accident:
- Broken bone
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of independent existence
- Loss of speech
- Loss of use of limbs
- Major head trauma
Provided that your injury matches Freedom Insurance’s definition in their Product Disclosure Statement, your accidental injury benefit lump sum will be payable to you as a once only benefit, except in the case of broken bones.
If you are injured with broken bones and you wish to claim the Accidental Injury Cover Benefit, you are limited to a maximum of 3 claims and all 3 claims must be unrelated to each accident. The amount payable for a broken bone claim will be 10% of the sum of which you’re covered for at the time of your event, and will be capped at:
- $5,000 for a fracture of the forearm above the wrist, collarbone or heel
- $10,000 for a leg fracture below the knee, kneecap, upper arm, shoulder bone or jaw
- $20,000 for a fracture of the skull, neck, spine, hip, leg above the knee or pelvis
In any case, the lump sum will be counted as an accelerated pay of the ‘accidental death benefit’ from your Accidental Death Cover, and as such won’t be higher than the amount that you are insured for under the Freedom Insurance Accidental Death Cover.
What won't be covered?
As with any important decisions that could affect your whole family monumentally, it is crucial to know what is and is not included under your policy.
Under the Freedom Insurance Accidental Injury Policy, you will not be able to claim your payment benefit if you are claiming for an injury that resulted in broken bones where the accident occurred within the first 3 months of your cover, or if you are claiming for an accident that happened before the date your cover began. If you choose to increase your benefit under an existing Freedom Insurance Accidental Injury Policy, the 3-month rule will apply again for any claims regarding broken bones.
You will also not be able to receive your payment if the injury is a direct or indirect result of:
- Self-inflicted injury: Including deliberate self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide
- Criminal activity: Participating or engaging in a criminal activity or any unlawful act
- Aerial activity: Flying or otherwise engaging in any aerial activity except as a fare paying passenger in a fixed wing, motorised aircraft being operated by a licensed airline or charter company
- Motorised sport: Participating in any motorised sport as a rider, driver, passenger or crew
- War or terrorism: Including war (whether declared or not), an act of terrorism, riot or civil commotion
- Alcohol or drugs: Including the effects of alcohol or drug misuse or any illicit drug use
- Intentional act by carer: Only applies to children aged 18 or under where the death was an intentional act by their parent, guardian, relative or someone who lives with or cares for the child
- Specific occupational tasks: Carrying out the duties of their occupation at the time of the accident, including working:
- Above 10 metres from the ground
- Offshore on a boat, outside Australian waters
- Offshore on an oil or gas rig or platform
- Underwater diving
- With explosives
- On active duty in the armed forces
Who can apply?
Staying true to Freedom Insurance’s aim of offering simple and convenient access to affordable life insurance protection for all Australians, your eligibility requirements for the Accidental Injury Cover are as simple as 1-2-3.
At the time of application, you must be:
- An Australian resident
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Have the Accidental Death Cover from Freedom Insurance
If you choose to take the available option of including up to 8 other family members to your Accidental Injury Cover for one low flat fee regardless of their age or gender, they too must be:
- An Australian resident
- Between the ages of 0 and 65
- Covered as your additional members on your Accidental Death Cover from Freedom Insurance
For insurance purposes, each family member or relative must be your:
- Lineal descendent
- Adopted child
- Partner of any relatives above
How do I claim?
To make a claim for Freedom Insurance Accidental Injury Cover, simply follow these steps:
Contact Freedom Insurance
Call 1300 88 44 88 anytime between 9am to 6pm EST, Monday to Friday to let the Claim Team know that you will be making a claim. It’s best to call as soon as possible following the event, so you can speed up the claim process. During this call, you will be given specific instructions about your next steps and any extra documentation required.
Send Freedom Insurance the details of your claim
Send a completed claim form and any required documentation you were told about during your call in step 1, via:
- Fax: 1300 98 67 95
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: The Claims Manager,
- Reply Paid 3553,
- Sydney NSW 2001
Notification of claim
Once all required documents are received, NobleOak (the issuer of Freedom Insurance Protection Plans) will assess the claim and notify you immediately of the outcome. If it has been successful, the benefit will be paid directly to your nominated account.
Why choose Freedom Insurance?
So why choose Freedom Insurance over any other insurance providers?
Freedom Insurance provides a unique viewpoint on insurance that is represented through their Freedom Protection Plan – choosing and obtaining protection against life’s painful oddities should not be difficult, expensive or complicated.
Instead of working against you, Freedom Insurance works with you to provide:
- Easy application process: All you need to do is make one phone call with a helpful representative who will process and confirm your protection for you on the spot. There’s no need to fill out any complicated forms or go through medical examinations.
- Extended cooling-off period: Freedom Insurance goes the extra mile by allowing you extra time to consider whether the cover is right for you. If you decide to cancel within the first 42 days of your cover, you will be refunded in full for any amounts paid.
- Protection against inflation: To ensure that the value of your benefits that you signed up with are not affected by possible inflation, Freedom Insurance offers an automatic increase of the amount of all your benefits by 5% each year.
- Flexibility: Freedom Insurance offers multiple types and levels of cover for not only yourself and your budget but for your whole family, meaning that you can all be rid of unnecessary financial worries in the case of an unexpected emergency occurring within the family.
It can feel like there’s not much you can do to avoid an unexpected accident, especially if it is caused by somebody else. But with the Freedom Insurance Accidental Injury Cover, you can avoid that feeling of dread and losing sleep over any ‘what if’ scenarios by taking a proactive approach and protecting your loved ones from the worst case scenarios.