When it comes to energy providers South Australia has plenty to choose from, which could lead to lower prices for you.
When it comes to energy, variety really is the spice of life. The more energy retailers that compete for business, the lower prices tend to go. So residents of South Australia should be pretty happy, as they’ve got plenty of companies to choose from.
Search and compare energy suppliers in SA
What is an electricity and gas provider/retailer?
Energy retailers are like shops for energy. They buy their energy from a supplier, and then re-sell it to you, the consumer. And just like shops, there are many different energy retailers, all of whom offer different deals, packages and rates. This competition can lead to great savings for you, so it’s always worth having a look at your current energy package and seeing if you can find it cheaper elsewhere. We’ve previewed plenty of energy providers, so to save time, why not have a look through our guides and see what is available in your area?
What retailers provide energy to South Australia?
South Australia currently has ten retail providers of electricity, so you will have plenty of providers to choose from. Current energy providers are:
- Lumo Energy - Offer a wide range of packages and a selection of options for solar users. Click here for more information.
- Red Energy - Offer a wide range of package options, and a great rewards program to new customers. Click here for more information.
- Energy Australia - Are a large nationwide provider with comprehensive offerings in all states, including SA. Click here for more information.
- AGL - Australia’s largest provider of renewable energy and one of the largest specialist power companies. Click here for more information.
- Alinta Energy - Offer a range of great packages, including some useful discounts for those who pay on time. Click here for more information.
- Diamond Energy - A specialist and one of Australia’s most prominent providers of renewable energy. Click here for more information.
- Momentum Energy - Offer a range of packages and advice for lowering your total consumption, including through LED light installation. Click here for more information.
- Origin Energy - A large and widespread provider, who offer useful discounts for those who can pay on time. Click here for more information.
- Powerdirect - Owned by AGL, but serving as a different company, Powerdirect offer a range of packages, including GreenDirect. Click here for more information.
- Simply Energy - Offer a wide range of plans, including discounts for those who pay their bills on time. Click here for more information.
There are four choices for gas in South Australia, including many of the providers of electricity It may be possible at times to bundle your gas with your electricity which can lead to even bigger savings.
- Simply Energy - Offer three different plans in SA, including discounts if you pay on time. Click here for more information.
- Origin Energy - A wide range of plans to suit a wide of needs, including short and temporary plans. Click here for more information.
- Energy Australia - Specialists in providing residential and small business gas in SA. Click here for more information.
- AGL - One of Australia’s all around largest energy providers also provide gas, look out for electricity and gas bundles here. Click here for more information.
How can an energy consultant help me find the right plan in SA?
A specialist energy consultant is an expert in the field. They will help you find the retailer that best suits your needs by comparing your usage to the available offers. They can cut through the jargon and ensure you’re getting the right deal for you.
How are energy consultants paid?
Energy consultants are paid for finding your deals for you, saving you the time and trouble of finding one yourself. They will be paid, either with a payment from the energy company for providing a new customer, or by adding a small amount to your monthly bill. Be sure you know which payment method you’re signing up for before you sign up.
What are the pros and cons of using an energy consultant?
The big pro is that you don’t have to search through energy providers yourself. Your energy consultant will scan the market and find you the best deal without you lifting a finger. And, of course, the obvious con is that they’re more expensive than searching yourself.