Vodafone prepaid plans offer a focus on flexibility with long-term expiries and international inclusions.
What Prepaid services does Vodafone Mobile offer?
Mobile network brand Vodafone provides prepaid SIM-only services on its own 4G and 3G networks across Australia. It also sells a limited and frequently changing range of prepaid handsets on outright terms; these are nearly always quite low-end budget-centric models.
Vodafone prepaid offerings include its Combo Plus plans, which come with a variety of higher-end inclusions, as well as its Pay and Go long-expiry plans.
How much does Vodafone Mobile cost?
As it does with postpaid contract mobile plans, Vodafone's approach to prepaid is somewhat different to the rest of the industry, depending on your precise needs. Its standard prepaid plans fall under the Combo Plus moniker and typically look like this:
|Combo Plus plan $30||Combo Plus plan $40||Combo Plus plan $50|
|International calls||Nil||600 Mins||1150 Mins|
For the $40 and $50 Combo Plus plans, Vodafone also offers the option of buying in bulk at a reduce per-recharge rate. By paying for 5 or 10 recharges upfront, Vodafone discounts the recharge rate compared to what you'd pay by purchasing individual recharges one after the other.
Vodafone also offers long-expiry prepaid plans under the 'Pay and Go' name, with your prepaid value used against calls, texts and data.
|Pay and Go $30||Pay and Go $40||Pay and Go $50|
|Expiry||180 days||365 days||365 days|
- International call inclusions. Not too many prepaid plans consider international calling, except perhaps to charge you extra for it.
- Long expiry options. Pay and Go plans offer up to 365 days expiry.
- Smaller network. Vodafone’s done a lot of work on improving its network, but this is most notable in metropolitan areas. In regional spaces, it’s the smallest of the three competing networks.
- 28 day expiry on the cheapest Combo Plus plan. It’s become more common on prepaid plans, but the difference between a 28 and 30 day recharge adds up to nearly an extra recharge every calendar year.
Vodafone prepaid recharge options
There’s a wide variety of ways to recharge your Vodafone prepaid mobile phone service depending on your personal preference. As with many prepaid plans it’s worth reading the terms and conditions to determine if there are advantages to recharging earlier than your expiry period in order to take advantage of any rollover bonuses, which may vary by plan.
- Recharge online: Vodafone has a dedicated web portal (https://myaccount.myvodafone.com.au/recharge/new) for managing prepaid recharges for your own phone, or any Vodafone prepaid phone number. Payments are accepted through Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal.
- Via MyVodafone app: Vodafone provides a dedicated smartphone app for managing your prepaid use, including recharges. It’s available for free for iOS (download here), Android (download here) or Windows Phone devices(download here)
- Recharge via SMS: You can recharge your Vodafone prepaid service via text message, sending a specific keyword to enable an automatic recharge as long as you’ve already assigned a credit card to your account.
- Via voucher: Recharge vouchers for Vodafone prepaid services are available from a wide variety of mass market retailers, as well as at any Vodafone store. Vouchers do have specific expiry dates, so it’s important to apply them at the right time otherwise you may find they have expired. Vouchers can be redeemed through Vodafone’s web portal or the MyVodafone app.
Latest Vodafone news
Australia presents unique challenges to 5G networks, so we asked the people spearheading the 5G rollout how they plan on overcoming these obstacles. Read more…
The major networks are rolling out 5G connectivity across the nation, but when will it actually arrive for you? Read more…
5G promises vastly increased speed and reliability, and it will be in Australia from 2019. Read more…
The competition and consumer watchdog isn't going to approve TPG and Vodafone joining together, and Vodafone's intent on taking it to the Federal Court. Read more…
Vodafone is your only choice for picking up the new Google Pixel 3a on contract, so check out its plans right here. Read more…