tootoot Car Loan
How does having your own personal finance consultant sound? You can, with a tootoot Car Loan.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- This product is no longer available. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers.
The car buying process can be tricky, and it can get even trickier when you're looking for financing for your vehicle as well. Luckily, tootoot is here to help with their Personal Car Loan. tootoot is a car financier that aims to make the process of buying a car easier, and offer services such as same-day approval and your own personal finance consultant to make sure you get the right car loan to meet your needs. They pair you with established lenders that provide competitive loans, with tootoot being there to provide assistance through the whole process. Read our guide below to find out if a tootoot Personal Car Loan is right for you.
tootoot Personal Car Loan: What you need to know
The Personal Car Loan from tootoot lets you finance a new or used vehicle purchase, with loan amounts starting from $4,000. tootoot isn't an actual lender, but rather works to pair you with a lender and a car loan that matches your needs. They give you a personal finance consultant to work with you throughout the process and see your finance through to completion. Secured and unsecured loan options are available, and when you choose to take out a loan using tootoot you can finance a range of vehicles, from those found in private sales through to standard dealership purchases.
Important features you should consider
- Same-day approval. You can apply with tootoot and be approved on the same day. This can give you the upper hand when negotiating a sale price on a vehicle, whether in a private sale or at a dealership.
- Your own personal finance consultant. This service is location-based and involves tootoot giving you a consultant who will guide you through the loan process and answer any questions you may have.
- You don't need to be a permanent resident. Non-permanent residents might find it difficult to find a car loan they're eligible for. Luckily, tootoot is able to offer financing solutions to 457 working holiday visa holders, offering them a way to get into a new vehicle of their choosing.
- Finance a range of vehicles. Whether you're looking for a new or used car, are looking to buy from a private seller or dealership, or you aren't even sure what car you want yet, you can still access a car loan through tootoot. The car loan that's on offer can help finance a wide range of vehicles.
- Free credit check and vehicle inspection. You're able to take advantage of tootoot's free vehicle inspection service where you can find out what kind of condition the car you're looking to buy is in. This service can be especially useful if you're buying a used vehicle in a private sale. The free credit check service will let you know your credit status, helping you have an upper hand for your application.
- Interest rate. tootoot car loans come with competitive fixed rates, which means your repayments stay the same throughout the duration of your loan term.
- Repayments and loan term. Loan terms are available from between one and seven years, and you have the option to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Additional extras for your new car
Purchasing a new vehicle offers you protection from manufacturer's faults for an initial period of ownership — usually three to five years. If you take up this extended warranty offer from tootoot you can extend this and protect yourself for a longer period, giving you peace of mind should you find fault with your car down the track. Keep in mind this is only to cover manufacturer fault and not normal wear and tear. Extended warranty from tootoot features no excess when you make a claim, there is an extension period of up to five years available and you're able to make an unlimited amount of claims. You're able to use this extended warranty on new cars bought in private sales and if you decide to sell your car you can transfer the policy over.
If you're having trouble choosing car insurance, you can also get your tootoot personal finance consultant to help you select the right insurance policy for your car. There are a few different insurance policies on offer from tootoot that you can choose to take advantage of. Consumer credit loan insurance ensures your loan repayments will be covered in the event of injury, illness or redundancy, while tyre and rim insurance protects those parts of your car. Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance is also available, as is gap insurance, which lets you finalise your loan contract if your car is declared a total loss
We watched the 30-second tootoot Car Loans TV commercial for you
If you've ever bought a car, especially from a dealership, you know how much of a game it is. The negotiations, the power struggle, the mind games — everything you need to do to make sure you get the best deal and don't get taken advantage of. Nobody wants to get rooted by a sleazy car salesman. This is the idea that's played on in tootoot's car loan commercial, where the buyer is in the power position. tootoot do a great job with this ad, playing on a familiar scenario to show how different it could be if you took out a loan with them when you purchase a vehicle. They show you what it could be like "if you had the upper hand when you went to buy a car". Sure, pretending to talk on the phone might not be your thing, but asking "I don't know — can you?" when prompted by a salesman asking if they could help you, might be. What would it be like if you were 'in the driver's seat', as it were? Watch the ad and see for yourself.
How to apply for a tootoot Car Loan
If you'd like a personal finance consultant to get started helping you find financing, just click 'Go to Site' to fill out an online application form. You also have the option of calling tootoot and applying over the phone. Before you do, ensure you have the following details handy:
- Car details: The make and model of the car you want to buy.
- Loan information: The type of loan you're looking to apply for and the amount you want to borrow.
- Personal details: Your name, date of birth and contact information.
- Identification: Your driver's licence number.
Once you've submitted your application a car loan expert will get in contact with you to discuss the next steps.
More guides on Finder
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Jeep Compass Night Eagle review
Introduced as part of a revised 2020 line-up of vehicles, the Jeep Compass Night Eagle is the starting point in the Compass range, but you probably wouldn't guess it.
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
2021 Isuzu D-Max X-Terrain Review
With this update, has Isuzu done enough with the 2021 D-Max to put it up the top of the pile?
Solar panel quotes Brisbane
Joining the solar panel revolution starts with a simple quote.
Explore the benefits of rendering a house versus renovating, and the ways which render can improve your home’s overall performance.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
How to start a grocery delivery business
Here's what you need to know before launching your new grocery delivery company.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert