Find out our expert picks for the best NBN plans this month.
Telstra NBN deals
Save on your next monthly Internet bill with these Telstra NBN deals.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
As one of Australia's largest telecommunications companies, Telstra is a household name and offers a range of fast NBN plans.
If you're after a deal with Telstra, you won't actually need a coupon code – promotional deals apply automatically once you've chosen which deal and plan you want.
Telstra deals for May 2022
How do I get the best deal on NBN plans?
The easiest way to get a good deal is to shop around and compare as many providers as possible to find what's best for you.
Luckily, we've done the hard work in piling dozens of providers and their plans into our Broadband Finder ™, where you can filter by price, data, speed and more.
Even better, the Broadband Finder™ highlights any special promotions or deals with a green box so they're easy to spot.
How can I save money on NBN plans?
To drive down your monthly NBN bill, there are a couple of things to consider:
- Slower plans cost less. The lower your speed tier, the less you'll pay. It's a good idea to first figure out the right NBN speed for you so you're not paying too much for speed that you don't actually need.
- Deals are good, but temporary. Discounts are nice, but think long-term. Does it last for 1 month or 6? Will you be okay with paying full price after it expires, or be ready to switch to a new plan?
- Data caps could help. This is less true nowadays as unlimited data Internet plans become the norm, but getting a data-capped plan could shave $5-$10 off your monthly bill. This is only really recommended for those who don't regularly use the Internet.
- Modem prices vary wildly. It's a good idea to BYO modem if you can, but not all providers allow this. The price of a modem can vary by $100 or more between providers, so make sure you know what you're paying for.
Are there cheaper Internet deals than Telstra?
In short, yes. Telstra has long boasted premium prices for premium services, but at least with mobile plans these prices are backed up by the best network coverage in the country.
When it comes to the NBN, Telstra is just one provider among many.
All providers use the same network of wires and cables to deliver broadband to your home, so smaller, cheaper Internet providers are on a more level playing field with a communications giant like Telstra.
That said, Telstra's premium prices do come with extra perks that you might not get with a smaller provider, like:
- A Telstra Smart Modem with 4G mobile backup (this feature is only available from a few large NBN providers).
- Telstra Plus rewards points that can be exchanged for various tech items, tickets and more.
- Access to the Telstra Air national free Wi-Fi network.
Are temporary NBN deals worth it?
Absolutely. Most NBN providers these days offer sign-up discounts, so if you're looking to switch, you might as well snag yourself a deal.
The most common deals you'll run into are:
- 6-month discounts that reduce the monthly price by a set amount.
- First month free deals that save you 1 month of payments.
Just remember that these deals won't last you the lifetime of your plan, so if you're unhappy with the regular price of the plan, you'll need to switch once the promo ends.
How do I claim my Telstra Internet deal?
Telstra doesn't require any promo codes. All you need to do is:
- Decide what plan you want.
- Click the green "Go to site" button next to it, which will take you to Telstra's site.
- Any deals on that plan will be automatically applied to your order.
You'll also be able to check out the full terms and conditions of the deal on Telstra's site. It's always a good idea to check these before you buy, just in case.
Should I watch out for anything with these deals?
The vast majority of deals are temporary, meaning you'll be paying more once they wear off.
Also, these deals can mask other semi-hidden costs involved with the plan, outside of the monthly price.
For example, Telstra advertises its plans as coming with a Telstra Smart Modem "included for new Telstra customers who stay connected for 24 months".
So while you might think you could stay for the 6-month discount and bail, you'll end up paying for 18 months worth of the modem, in this case an extra $162.
More guides on Finder
Telstra Internet speed test
Think your Telstra Internet is running slow? Run a quick speed test to make sure you're getting the speed you've paid for.
Optus vs Telstra NBN: Which is better?
The biggest names in broadband each have a lot to offer, but which gets you more for your money?
Telstra mobile broadband
Be online 24/7, wherever you are in Australia with a Telstra mobile broadband plan. Compare the different plan options now.
Compare Telstra cable plans
Cable internet can be hard to come by in Australia. Telstra is one of your only options, so find the plan that's right for you by comparing them all here.
Compare Telstra ADSL plans
Telstra's ADSL plans come with the peace of mind of knowing that they’ll transfer you to the NBN when it’s ready in your neighbourhood.
Telstra NBN plans & bundles
The country's largest ISP has plenty to offer NBN customers, from high peak-hour speeds to bundles entertainment options.
Get the best deal on your Internet plan
See what Finder users are loving with our top 10 Internet providers.
We've rounded up the fastest Internet providers and plans around.
Ask an Expert