Pounce Pet Insurance
Get up to 90% of your vet bills paid for and up to $20,000 a year with Pounce Pet Insurance.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Pounce Pet Insurance provides an Indoor Cat, Basic, Standard and Premium policy and lets you decide how much of your bill you want covered: 90%, 85% or 80%. These policies cover you for most accidents and illnesses, including euthanasia, and are underwritten by one of the biggest insurers in the world, The Hollard Insurance Company.
Pounce Pet Insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to the company's website at www.pouncepetinsurance.com.au for more information or use the link below to compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder
What pet insurance policies does Pounce offer?
Pounce Pet Insurance offers four different levels of insurance cover. Policy costs will differ depending on whether you want to insure your dog or your cat.
- Indoor Cat. As the name implies, this is for indoor cats only. It's a good way to pay less for your insurance as your cat isn't likely to encounter as many risks, so you don't need as wide-ranging cover.
- Basic. A basic policy covers you for most accidents and illnesses, except cancer. The main reason this is considered a basic policy is because of the annual limits. You can only claim $5,000 for cats and dogs over the course of a year. It also has a condition limit of $1,000, meaning you won't get any more than this for a single condition, unless specified otherwise.
- Standard. Covering accidents and illnesses, a standard policy comes with a $13,000 annual limit and no annual condition limit. So if your pet needs thousands of dollars' worth of care for one condition, they'll get it.
- Premium. Cover for everything including routine care and optional dental. You also get a $20,000 annual limit.
Pounce Pet Insurance benefits
Pounce has a number of benefits included in its pet insurance policies that could be right for you. These include the following:
- Choice of benefit percentage. If your pet is aged between 0 and 8, a Basic policy provides 90% back, a Standard policy 80% and a Premium policy 85%. If they are 8 or over, this changes to 65%, 80% and 85%.
- Paralysis tick benefit. Premium cover comes with a $1,500 annual limit for ticks.
- Cruciate ligament. The top level of cover comes with a $3,500 annual limit for cruciate ligament treatment.
- No excess. There is no excess to pay on any policies. This means if you need to make a claim, you don't have to put down any money. Rather, you'll receive a percentage back, e.g. you will be reimbursed for 85% of the cost of treatment.
The table below outlines some of the main inclusions and exclusions of all four policies. For a full list, consult the product disclosure statement (PDS). In most cases, you need to serve a 30-day waiting period before you are covered.
|Optional dental illness benefit|
|Overseas pet travel*|
|Motor vehicle incidents|
|Ingestion of a foreign object*|
|Spinal disc rupture|
What isn't covered by a Pounce policy?
Like all pet insurance policies, there are some things that Pounce does not cover. Some of the exclusions include the following:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Consultation fees and cancer
- Dental care, unless specified otherwise
- Routine Care, unless specified otherwise
- Consultations and treatments involving homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, laser therapy, hydrotherapy, chiropractic treatments or physiotherapy
- Intentional harm or neglect
- Not following your vet's advice
- Boarding and transportation costs
- Epidemics and pandemics
More guides on Finder
Best energy provider in Australia
Learn how to compare energy providers in your state with our free online tool.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?