Pounce Pet Insurance
Get up to 90% of your vet bills paid for and up to $20,000 a year with Pounce Pet Insurance.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Pounce Pet Insurance provides an Indoor Cat, Basic, Standard and Premium policy and lets you decide how much of your bill you want covered: 90%, 85% or 80%. These policies cover you for most accidents and illnesses, including euthanasia, and are underwritten by one of the biggest insurers in the world, The Hollard Insurance Company.
Pounce Pet Insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to the company's website at www.pouncepetinsurance.com.au for more information or use the link below to compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder
What pet insurance policies does Pounce offer?
Pounce Pet Insurance offers four different levels of insurance cover. Policy costs will differ depending on whether you want to insure your dog or your cat.
- Indoor Cat. As the name implies, this is for indoor cats only. It's a good way to pay less for your insurance as your cat isn't likely to encounter as many risks, so you don't need as wide-ranging cover.
- Basic. A basic policy covers you for most accidents and illnesses, except cancer. The main reason this is considered a basic policy is because of the annual limits. You can only claim $5,000 for cats and dogs over the course of a year. It also has a condition limit of $1,000, meaning you won't get any more than this for a single condition, unless specified otherwise.
- Standard. Covering accidents and illnesses, a standard policy comes with a $13,000 annual limit and no annual condition limit. So if your pet needs thousands of dollars' worth of care for one condition, they'll get it.
- Premium. Cover for everything including routine care and optional dental. You also get a $20,000 annual limit.
Pounce Pet Insurance benefits
Pounce has a number of benefits included in its pet insurance policies that could be right for you. These include the following:
- Choice of benefit percentage. If your pet is aged between 0 and 8, a Basic policy provides 90% back, a Standard policy 80% and a Premium policy 85%. If they are 8 or over, this changes to 65%, 80% and 85%.
- Paralysis tick benefit. Premium cover comes with a $1,500 annual limit for ticks.
- Cruciate ligament. The top level of cover comes with a $3,500 annual limit for cruciate ligament treatment.
- No excess. There is no excess to pay on any policies. This means if you need to make a claim, you don't have to put down any money. Rather, you'll receive a percentage back, e.g. you will be reimbursed for 85% of the cost of treatment.
The table below outlines some of the main inclusions and exclusions of all four policies. For a full list, consult the product disclosure statement (PDS). In most cases, you need to serve a 30-day waiting period before you are covered.
|Optional dental illness benefit|
|Overseas pet travel*|
|Motor vehicle incidents|
|Ingestion of a foreign object*|
|Spinal disc rupture|
What isn't covered by a Pounce policy?
Like all pet insurance policies, there are some things that Pounce does not cover. Some of the exclusions include the following:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Consultation fees and cancer
- Dental care, unless specified otherwise
- Routine Care, unless specified otherwise
- Consultations and treatments involving homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, laser therapy, hydrotherapy, chiropractic treatments or physiotherapy
- Intentional harm or neglect
- Not following your vet's advice
- Boarding and transportation costs
- Epidemics and pandemics
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?