PetCover Pet Insurance
Specialising in pet insurance for your furry friend, PetCover offers a wide range of policies to help protect your cats, dogs, birds and more.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Petcover pet insurance policies provide a range of benefits to help protect your pet and your wallet if something goes wrong. You have a wide range of policies to choose from, providing up to $20,000 in cover for dogs , $15,000 for cats and $6,000 for birds. Petcover policies are underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
PetCover pet insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to their website at www.petcover.com.au for more information or compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder
Find out more about Petcover Pet Insurance
Petcover’s Lifetime policies provide cover for your pet throughout its entire life, which guarantees peace of mind for owners whose pets develop long-term, chronic or recurring illnesses. There are three levels of Lifetime cover available:
The Superior Lifetime policy provides $20,000 cover for dogs, $15,000 cover for cats and $6,000 for birds to help you pay vet expenses for treatments due to injury, accident or illness. It also includes $4,000 cover for complementary treatments such as acupuncture and hydrotherapy, as well as up to $2,000 for loss due to theft or straying. In addition, $5 million of third-party liability cover is included for dogs.
Petcover’s Mid-point Lifetime policy provides $15,000 in veterinary fees cover for dogs, $10,000 cover for cats and $4,000 for birds. It also includes $2,000 cover for complementary treatments, cover for boarding fees, plus $3 million third-party liability cover for dogs.
This is a budget-level plan that provides $10,000 veterinary fee cover for dogs, $9,000 for cats and $2,000 for birds. Other benefits include up to $2,000 cover for complementary and alternative treatments and $3 million third-party liability insurance for dogs.
One-year Economy policies
Economy policies provide cover for a 12-month period and are available at a lower cost than Lifetime policies. They provide up to $7,000 cover for veterinary fees when your pet requires treatment for an injury or illness, as well as $1,000 cover for complementary and alternative therapies, and $1 million third-party liability cover for dogs.
Your Petcover claim will not be paid under certain circumstances, including the following:
- It is for a condition specifically excluded from cover.
- It is an illness that starts in the first 21-day waiting period of purchasing cover.
- It is for a pre-existing condition.
- It is for any routine or preventative treatment, such as check-ups, vaccinations, heartworm prevention or flea control.
- It is for any dental check-ups or teeth cleaning.
- It is for any elective treatment or procedure, such as microchipping, grooming or desexing.
- Your dog is used for guarding, track racing or coursing.
- It is for a breed of dog banned by the Australian Government.
- It is for any claim that arises due to your pet being confiscated or destroyed by any government, public or local authority.
- It arises because you break Australian animal health or importation laws or regulations.
- It arises due to a malicious act, deliberate injury or bodily injury, or gross negligence caused by you, a member of your family or someone acting with your consent.
- It is for an illness that your pet contracted outside Australia or New Zealand that it would not normally have contracted in those countries.
- It results from a disease transmitted from animals to humans.
- It is caused by any pandemic disease.
- Your dog is not vaccinated against distemper, hepatitis, kennel cough, leptospirosis (in areas where vaccination is recommended) and parvovirus.
- Your cat is not vaccinated against feline infectious enteritis, feline leukaemia and cat flu, or any other disease for which there is a known vaccine and veterinarians recommend vaccination.
- You fail to take reasonable precautions to protect your pet.
If you need to make a claim on your policy, a claim form is available to download from the Petcover website. You will need to provide the following information when completing the form:
- Your name, contact details and policy number.
- Your pet’s name and age.
- Details of your pet’s illness or injury.
Your vet will also need to fill out a section of the form to provide detailed information about the illness or injury, your pet’s medical history and the amount being claimed.
Once completed, the claim form can be submitted to Petcover by post, email or fax. You will also need to attach all invoices and receipts to ensure prompt processing, and claims for vet fees and complementary treatment must be lodged no more than one year after the treatment date.
- Up to $20,000 cover. Petcover allows you to take out up to $20,000 cover for vet fees for your dog, or $15,000 cover for vet fees for your cat. This means that regardless of the injury or illness your pet suffers, you can receive a high level of cover.
- Multi-pet discount. If you insure three or more pets with Petcover, you are entitled to a premium discount.
- Lifetime protection. If you’re worried about your pet developing a chronic, long-term health issue, a Lifetime policy from Petcover ensures that your furry friend will be protected throughout its life.
- Wide range of choice. Petcover offers multiple cover choices and policy options, allowing you to choose cover that suits your budget and tailor a policy to your pet’s insurance needs.
- Rewards to find lost or stolen pets. If your pet is lost or stolen, Petcover can pay a benefit so you can offer a reward to anyone who finds and safely returns your four-legged friend.
- Up to $5 million liability cover for dogs. If you have a legal liability as a result of your dog causing death, bodily injury, illness or property damage, Petcover’s policies provide up to $5 million in cover.
- Focused on pets. Unlike many other providers that offer a wide range of insurance policies across different market sectors, Petcover provides policies that are 100% for pets.
Frequently asked questions about Petcover
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert