Get cover that works for your pet and your budget.
HCF Pet Insurance
Choose from two levels of protection and cover up to 80% of all eligible vet expenses with HCF Pet Insurance.
A pet insurance policy from HCF will provide your pet with all the vital protection it needs under one of two policies: Pet Essentials or Pet Premium. A pet insurance policy from HCF reimburses up to 80% of all eligible vet expenses, such as Accidental injuries, illness, specialist care and hospitalisation. All benefits offered under an HCF policy are active for 12 months from the policy Commencement Date.
HCF Pet Insurance is authorised under the Insurance Act 1973, to conduct general business relating to insurance in Australia and is issued and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd. Read on to find out just what’s covered under each policy.
HCF pet insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to their website at www.hcf.com.au for more information or compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder
The perfect insurance policy option for the money savvy owner who also wants to provide their pet with excellent coverage against Accidental Injuries. This insurance policy from HCF is the best option if you only need protection for injuries and other essentials such as: veterinary consultations, laboratory and diagnostic tests, specialist care, hospitalisation, surgery and cruciate ligament conditions. The Pet Essentials policy will cover your pet for accidents such as:
- Motor vehicle incidents
- An allergic reaction to an insect bite other than tick or flea; and or
- Burn or electrocution
That results in the following injuries:
- Snake bite toxicity
- A bite wound or fight or fight wound abscesses
- A traumatic ligament or tendon injury; or
- Lacerations or abrasions of tissue, skin or mucous membrane due to external violence.
With the Pet Essential, you have the choice to include the optional add-on routine care for added protection and benefits for an additional cost.
Amore comprehensive insurance policy that provides pet owners and their pets with accidental injury and illness protection. With a Pet Premium policy, you may include, for an additional cost, Optional add-on Routine Care to secure payment for routine and preventative procedures.
Along with the benefits included in the Pet Essentials policy, Pet Premium provides additional protection for illnesses such as cancer, allergies, skin conditions and gastrointestinal problems.
An HCF Pet Insurance policy also provides members with optional add-on routine care benefits include:
- Alternative therapies
- Heartworm prevention
- Teeth cleaning
- Prescription diets; and
|Pet Essentials||Covers Accidental Injuries$8,000 Annual LimitExcess of $0, $50, $100, $200Consultations & Specialist CareOptional Routine Care Cover||HCF members get a 10% discount on pet insurance|
|Pet Premium||Covers Accidental Injury and Illness$12,000 Annual limitExcess of $0, $50, $100, $200Consultation & Specialist CareOptional Routine Care Cover||HCF members get a 0% discount on pet insurance|
- Pre-existing conditions – refers to any medical condition, your pet shows signs or symptoms of before your insurance commencement date or during any applicable Waiting Period.
- Dental Care – refers to dental disease and procedures, gingivitis and treatment of teeth fractures, teeth cleaning and scaling and removal of deciduous or fractured teeth or any oral disease.
- Day-to-Day Care – includes but is not limited to, regular prescription drugs, preventative procedures, grooming and bathing or treatment while your pet is being used for commercial or occupational purposes.
- Certain Treatments and Conditions – that won’t be covered include medication not approved or listed by the APVMA, breeding or obstetrics, cell-replacement therapies and inconclusive diagnosis.
- Certain Services & Procedures – such as transport or boarding expenses, ambulance fees, house calls and genetic/chromosome testing.
- Elective Procedures – refers to any routine examinations, cosmetic procedures and experimental treatments or therapies.
Filing an HCF Pet Insurance claim doesn’t need to be a hassle. follow the steps below to easily file your claim:
- You must first ensure that you carefully and honestly complete and sign your claim form before submitting it to HCF within 90 days of the treatment being claimed.
- First time claimers, must provide a full veterinary history from your current vet and all previous veterinarians who have treated your pet in the past.
- Have your vet complete and sign the appropriate section of the form before sending it in; and finally, ensure that
- All original itemised invoices and payment receipts must be attached and sent in with your claim form.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert