Find the right jet ski loan and you can race now and pay later
There are a number of private lenders in Australia who cater to the love for high speed water sports and offer special loans designed for the financing of a jet ski. With some offering very little to no money down, you can choose the jet ski that you want and pay it off in between rides.
A jet ski loan is tailored specifically to the water sport. Most lenders for these types of loans will allow for financing on both new and used jet skis as well as those bought privately or through a dealer. With competitive rates and flexible repayment methods, a jet ski loan offers you an option other than financing through the dealer. Skip to bad credit jet ski loan applicants >
IMB Secured Personal Loan Offer
Apply for IMB Secured Personal Loan with flexible repayment features.
- Interest Rate From: 7.39% p.a.
- Comparison Rate: 7.67% p.a.
- Interest Rate Type: Fixed
- Application Fee: $199
- Minimum Loan Term: 1 year
- Maximum Loan Term: 5 year
- Minimum Loan Amount: $2,000
- Maximum Loan Amount: $60,000
Comparison of boat loans
How does a Jet ski loan work?
There are dozens of lenders in Australia that offer jet ski loans. Most are full service lenders who work with banks to provide funding for other personal items such as cars, boats, and bikes. Some brokers will negotiate with other banks and lending institutions for you to get you the best* possible rates and fees.
You can find a lender that offers terms that range from one to seven years with your jet ski loan. Some, lenders will even be able to have you approved immediately and the loan settled the next day. With years of experience in these types of negotiations, these lenders know already which financing sources are going to have the best* deals for your circumstance.
How to compare Jet ski loans
With so many lenders offering loans for jet skis, it is good practice to compare the features before deciding on the right one for you. Different options will appeal to borrowers depending on their circumstances, but here are a few things to look for:
- Length of time. If you are in a rush to get the financing and get on the water, you will want to look at how long the application and approval process typically takes. Lenders that offer online applications will generally be faster than those who insist on helping with the application.
- Interest rates. Of course you will want to find a lender that is able to offer you a competitive rate on the loan. The lender should give you a repayment schedule that shows the amount due including interest for the terms you choose.
- Terms. Most jet ski loans are offered from one to five years, but some will go as high as seven. Keep in mind that the longer the terms the more you pay overall over the life of the loan. What you need to decide is if smaller repayment amounts or a faster exit from the loan is your priority.
- Repayments. Flexible repayments and the ability to make extra ones are features worth looking into. These can help keep you in budget to make your required repayments and possibly pay the loan off quicker, saving you money.
- Fees. Study fees closely when comparing jet ski loans. This includes those for initiating the loan and any that are applied monthly. Also look at the fees charged for late or missed payments.
Pros and cons of a Jet ski loan
- Fast turnaround. Once you choose the jet ski loan that works best* for you, you will usually get an approval response in less than a day.
- Security. You will be able to use the jet ski to secure the loan as opposed to putting up any of your other assets.
- Insurance. When you finance a jet ski and use it to secure the loan the lender will ask that the ski be insured. This is an additional cost to you that needs to be considered when budgeting the cost of your loan into your monthly expenses.
Things to avoid when applying for a Jet ski loan.
- Over applying. There are many jet ski loan providers who will work with individuals with less than perfect credit scores. Research lenders thoroughly if you have a bad mark on your credit report and find one that is willing to work with you. Multiple applications and rejections will only reduce your chances of getting approved for a jet ski loan, or an loan, in the future. Multiple applications and rejections will only reduce your chances of getting approved for a jet ski loan, or a loan, in the future.
- Penalties. Check the fees that lenders charge carefully for late payments. In some instances these can be extremely high in comparison to your loan amount.
How to apply for a Jet ski loan
Use the helpful comparison table found on this page to help you narrow down your choices. A good tool to help you compare the different rates and fees is a personal loan calculator. Once you have made your final choice you can proceed to the appropriate lender’s website by clicking their link. Here you will find the information needed to begin filling out your application. Be prepared to answer any questions about the following items:
- Identity. Lenders will require that you provide some sort of valid photo identification to verify your identity. A driver’s license, passport or government ID is usually acceptable.
- Income. Proof that you are earning a steady income, either with recent pay slips or a bank statement that identifies continuous deposits from an employer.
- Residence. You will also be asked to verify your physical residence.
What if I have bad credit? You don’t have to let your bad credit stand between you and your jet ski dreams.
A bad credit jet ski loan allows a water sport lover the opportunity to own their own jet ski regardless of their credit report. Where a traditional bank turns you down, a jet ski loan for bad credit lender will work with you to help you get the funding you need.
This type of loan will look past bankruptcies and defaults and help you with financing. Even if you have bad credit, you could still be eligible for a short term cash loan, to cover the expenses of purchases a jet ski.
Bad Credit Jet Ski Loan comparisons
How does a Jet ski loan for bad credit work?
It’s important to note that a payday loan won’t cover the entire cost of your jet ski. It can, however, cover part of the cost.
Lenders who offer payday loans generally have online applications, because there is minimal paperwork involved. Payday loans are also paid out relatively quickly, usually within 24 hours or the next business day. Also, there are set fees, as providers will let you know about all the associated interest and fees.
The main basis for the approval of your application is that you can service the payday loan. So even if you have bad credit, but you can pay back the whole loan with no problems, then it’s likely that you’ll be eligible.
Risks of paying back a bad credit jet ski loan
- Affordability. Before taking on this type of loan, make sure that you are able to meet the repayment requirements. You don’t want to further ruin your credit rating with a series of late and missed repayments.
Depending on your credit worthiness and suitability there are a wide range of options in the marketplace for you to finance your jet ski. Remember to compare the options available to you before applying with any of the lenders on this page.