Jet Ski Loans – Finance for a Jet Ski
Learn how to find the right finance for your new jet ski.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are a few options available to help you finance a jet ski, but how do you find the right one? Lenders can offer loan tailored to jet ski purchases as well as secured or unsecured personal loans.
Each of these options comes with benefits and drawbacks. This guide will take you through your options so you can find the right one for you.
- Large loan amounts
- Range of lenders
- Flexible loan terms
100% confidential application
Credit Concierge Boat Loan
Borrow funds of up to $250,000 to finance your boat purchase and choose from both secured and unsecured loan options.
- Interest rate from: 4.49% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 5.63% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $295
- Minimum loan amount: $5,000
Compare Jet Ski loan products below:
What options do you have for a jet ski loan?
- Specialised jet ski finance. Some specialised lenders offer tailored products that are designed to be used for the purchase of a jet ski. You may find these structured similarly to dealership finance in that you will be required to pay a balloon payment and your repayments are quite low. You can find these loans online through speciality lenders or by applying for finance when you purchase your jet ski.
- Unsecured personal loan. You can generally use funds from an unsecured personal loan for whatever purpose you need, so if you're approved for the right amount you can put it towards your jet ski purchase. These loans are available for up to seven years and you can usually apply for between $3,000 and $50,000. Rates vary but are usually between 10-18% p.a.
- Secured personal loan. Some lenders may allow you to use the jet ski you're purchasing as security for the personal loan. By doing so you will be able to get more competitive rates as the lender will be more likely to recoup its losses should you default. Rates for secured personal loans can be between 5-13% p.a. and you can usually borrow between $3,000 and $80,000. Terms extend up to seven years/
How should you compare your jet ski loan options?
To find the right loan for you, pay attention to and compare the following features:
- Turnaround time. Some lenders can get you the funds in one business day following approval but others may take longer. Remember to check the turnaround time when considering your options.
- Interest rates. What is the interest rate you will be charged and is it competitive? You should also check the comparison rate as it gives you a better idea of the true cost of the loan.
- Balloon payment or deposit. Will you be required to pay either of these? This will affect your repayments so make sure you have taken this into account.
- Loan terms. Most jet ski loans are offered from one to five years, but some will go as high as seven. Check what your repayments will be based on your loan term and loan amount and see if this will be affordable.
- Repayment flexibility. Are you able to make additional payments without penalty or pay back the loan before the end of the loan term? Check this before you apply.
- Fees. Check for upfront fees such as application or establishment fees and ongoing fees such as monthly or annual fees.
How much do jet skis cost in Australia?
The cost of a jet ski varies greatly depending on elements such as the model, age, hours ridden and whether it is new or used. At the lower end, a used jet ski could set you back as little as $2,000. A higher end new jet ski could cost upwards of $17,000.
You then need to add the costs of licencing, maintenance and gear into the upfront cost.
Is there anything to avoid when applying for jet ski finance?
- Over applying. There are many jet ski loan providers who will work with individuals with less than perfect credit scores. Research lenders thoroughly if you have a bad mark on your credit report and find one that is willing to work with you. Multiple applications and rejections will only reduce your chances of getting approved for a jet ski loan, or an loan, in the future. Multiple applications and rejections will only reduce your chances of getting approved for a jet ski loan, or a loan, in the future.
- Penalties. Check the fees that lenders charge carefully for late payments. In some instances these can be extremely high in comparison to your loan amount.
How you can apply
Use the comparison table on this page to sort through your options and find the right one for you. You can click through to each lender's review page or website to check the eligibility criteria and documents that will be required to complete your application.
Eligibility criteria differ so it's important to check this before you apply. Most lenders will require you to be over 18 and earning an income. If the loan is secured there may also be requirements regarding the jet ski you want to finance.
"What if I have bad credit?"
While most lenders will require you to have good credit, there are some lenders that will consider you if you have negative marks on your credit file. Keep in mind that these loans will be higher in cost and you may be required to meet additional criteria. For example, you will need to supply three months of your bank statements on application.
You can compare a range of bad credit jet ski loan options below.
A range of jet ski loan options to consider
The loans below allow you to borrow cash for a short period when you may need the emergency money.
Depending on your credit worthiness and suitability there is a wide range of options in the marketplace for you to finance your jet ski. Remember to compare the options available to you before applying with any of the lenders on this page.
More guides on Finder
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
Explore the benefits of rendering a house versus renovating, and the ways which render can improve your home’s overall performance.
How to start a mobile app business
Learn the key considerations when it comes to starting and growing your smartphone app company.
How to start a vintage clothing store business
Here's how you could turn your love for vintage clothes into a money-making enterprise.
How to start a homewares business
Find out how to turn your passion for homewares into a profitable business.
How to start a home cooking business
Follow this ultimate recipe for how to start your cooking business.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants. Note: These rates are available until 2 February 2021. Credit, eligibility criteria and terms & conditions apply.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above. Application fee of $150 waived off for applications submitted by 31 March 2021.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert