Supagas: LPG supplier
Get LPG and specialty commercial gases delivered straight from Supagas to your door.
Supagas was founded back in 1982 and is one of a small number of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) suppliers in Australia, alongside companies like Kleenheat and Elgas.
Beyond LPG, Supagas sells an impressive array of other specialty gases as well as a huge range of commercial equipment for residential and business customers. Whether you're after fuel for your barbeque or you have a specialised industrial need, Supagas can probably provide what you're after.
What plans are offered by Supagas?
Supagas doesn't sell traditional gas plans the same way another provider might. Instead, it sells various kinds of gas to both residential and business customers across Australia. You can sign up for recurring deliveries to ensure consistent supply.
Residential customers can order various sizes of LPG containers for different uses, including gas hot water systems, indoor and outdoor heating and cooking. Gas cylinder sizes range from 13.5kg up to 45kg.
Supagas has a number of specialised gases available for businesses around Australia:
- LPG. Regular LPG for heating, cooking and other common uses.
- Welding gas. Shielding gases designed for arc welding of metals, including acetylene, argon and more.
- Medical gases. Medical oxygen and air specially made for use at hospitals, medical centres and veterinary clinics.
- Specialty gases. Supagas has a wide range of specialty gases for industrial, food and medical applications, including helium, liquid nitrogen and hydrogen.
Supagas also has the ability to mix gases to customer specifications at its facility in Ingleburn, NSW.
On top of gases, Supagas also sells an array of commercial equipment, like outdoor cafe heaters, air compressors and power drills.
A quick review of Supagas
How green is Supagas?
LPG is slightly more environmentally friendly than natural gas, producing more heat per volume burned. Supagas says it is committed to initiatives educating people around the safe and environmentally friendly use of LPG.
Additionally, Supagas has environmental policies in place, as well as some investment in environmental projects, like a CO2 recycling plant in Shoalhaven.
Does Supagas offer any special incentives to sign up?
Supagas has a number of promotional offers for new and existing customers. Here's what it has available as of July 2020:
- NSW Seniors Card offer. Holders of a NSW Seniors Card will get a $108 account credit when they order a Supagas Welcome Pack.
- BBQ Refill Loyalty Card. If you fill or exchange cylinders in-store at a Supagas outlet, every four paid refills will give you a free one.
- Referral bonus. If a person or business you've referred orders gas from Supagas, you'll get a small credit to your account.
- LPG home gas offer. New residential customers who order two 45kg LPG home gas bottles will get a 50% discount on their first order.
Can I manage my plan from my phone?
Although you can download various application forms from the Supagas website, there are no tools available to manage your own account online or using your phone.
Read more on this topic
What is a kilowatt hour?
You’ll see kilowatt hours printed on your electricity bill – here’s what they are and why they matter.
Energy plans for renters
Renting shouldn't mean settling for a terrible energy plan. Find out how to make the best of your move.
Red Energy vs Origin
Red Energy vs Origin Energy: Compare rates, plans features and incentives in four states.
Alinta vs Kleenheat
Find out which gas retailer is the better choice in Western Australia.
Find who OC Energy is and what your options are if you are on this embedded energy network.
Energy customer service rating
Each brand is given a total score based on a wide variety of customer service criteria.
Smart Meters: You may already have one installed in your home
Smart meters provide a more detailed breakdown of your electricity usage. Here's how they work.
What is a controlled load?
Controlled load tariffs make energy-hungry appliances with limited operating periods cheaper to run.
How much does it cost to run your heater in winter (2020)?
Heating is a huge energy cost in winter. Compare heating methods to see what your best options are.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia?
Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert