We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Supagas was founded back in 1982 and is one of a small number of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) suppliers in Australia, alongside companies like Kleenheat and Elgas.
Beyond LPG, Supagas sells an impressive array of other specialty gases as well as a huge range of commercial equipment for residential and business customers. Whether you're after fuel for your barbeque or you have a specialised industrial need, Supagas can probably provide what you're after.
What plans are offered by Supagas?
Supagas doesn't sell traditional gas plans the same way another provider might. Instead, it sells various kinds of gas to both residential and business customers across Australia. You can sign up for recurring deliveries to ensure consistent supply.
Residential customers can order various sizes of LPG containers for different uses, including gas hot water systems, indoor and outdoor heating and cooking. Gas cylinder sizes range from 13.5kg up to 45kg.
Supagas has a number of specialised gases available for businesses around Australia:
- LPG. Regular LPG for heating, cooking and other common uses.
- Welding gas. Shielding gases designed for arc welding of metals, including acetylene, argon and more.
- Medical gases. Medical oxygen and air specially made for use at hospitals, medical centres and veterinary clinics.
- Specialty gases. Supagas has a wide range of specialty gases for industrial, food and medical applications, including helium, liquid nitrogen and hydrogen.
Supagas also has the ability to mix gases to customer specifications at its facility in Ingleburn, NSW.
On top of gases, Supagas also sells an array of commercial equipment, like outdoor cafe heaters, air compressors and power drills.
A quick review of Supagas
How green is Supagas?
LPG is slightly more environmentally friendly than natural gas, producing more heat per volume burned. Supagas says it is committed to initiatives educating people around the safe and environmentally friendly use of LPG.
Additionally, Supagas has environmental policies in place, as well as some investment in environmental projects, like a CO2 recycling plant in Shoalhaven.
Does Supagas offer any special incentives to sign up?
Supagas has a number of promotional offers for new and existing customers. Here's what it has available as of July 2020:
- NSW Seniors Card offer. Holders of a NSW Seniors Card will get a $108 account credit when they order a Supagas Welcome Pack.
- BBQ Refill Loyalty Card. If you fill or exchange cylinders in-store at a Supagas outlet, every four paid refills will give you a free one.
- Referral bonus. If a person or business you've referred orders gas from Supagas, you'll get a small credit to your account.
- LPG home gas offer. New residential customers who order two 45kg LPG home gas bottles will get a 50% discount on their first order.
Can I manage my plan from my phone?
Although you can download various application forms from the Supagas website, there are no tools available to manage your own account online or using your phone.
More guides on Finder
Agas National Review
Agas National is only available in South East Queensland. Read more on Agas National, it's energy offerings, and compare rates.
Origin vs Simply Energy
Origin vs Simply Energy: Which brand offers better electricity rates in your state?
Gas vs Electricity: What’s better for your wallet?
Decide whether electricity or gas is better for your home and wallet with this comprehensive guide.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia?
Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
Where to buy coffee online in Australia
Check out the online retailers that offer coffee beans, instant coffee, pods and capsules delivered straight to your door.
AGL vs Energy Australia
AGL or Energy Australia: Who offers better rates in your state?
AGL vs Origin
AGL or Origin: Which provider offers better rates in your state?
Moped and scooter insurance
Moped and scooter insurance protects you from common risks like theft, natural disasters and property damage.
Do I need car insurance in Australia?
No matter who you are or what you drive, you need car insurance to protect you from the massive bills that roll in after a crash.
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert