NRMA Caravan Loan
- Application Fee
- Interest Rate (p.a.)
- From 7.49% (fixed)
- Comparison Rate (p.a.)
The NRMA Caravan Loan allows you to purchase a new or used caravan and offers a number of features that can make your application, purchase and repayment process smoother. These include five-hour pre-approvals, next-day funding, flexible repayments and no monthly fees.
Find out more about this loan in this review
No monthly fees
Flexible repayment options
Purchase a new or used caravan
Application fee of $499
Early repayment fees apply
|NRMA Caravan Loan
|Interest Rate (p.a.)
|7.49% to 17.19%
|Comp. Rate (p.a.)
|8.2% to 17.97%
|Interest Rate Type
|Min Loan Amount
Factors to consider about the NRMA Caravan Loan
Although interest rates start from as a low 7.49% p.a., the rate that you will be charged will depend on whether or not you are an NRMA member. If you are not an NRMA member, you can expect to see this rate rise by at least 1%. Loan amounts start from $5,000 and loan terms can be extended to up to 7 years. You must be looking to purchase a new or used caravan with this loan. It cannot be used to purchase any other vehicle.
Features of the NRMA Caravan Loan
Some of the features that are associated with this loan include:
- Low fixed interest rates. You could receive an interest rate as low 7.49% p.a. and will benefit from this low rate for the duration of your loan. The comparison rate for this loan is also a low 8.2% p.a.
- Long loan terms. You can choose from a loan term of between 1 year and 7 years
- No monthly fees. There are no monthly fees associated with this loan.
- Next-day funds available. After you have been approved for your loan amount, you will receive your funds within the next business day.
- Flexible repayment options available. You can benefit from fortnightly or monthly repayments. Simply choose the option that suits you best during the application process.
- Five-hour pre-approvals available. You can benefit from a pre-approval that boosts your bargaining power when looking for and purchasing a new or used caravan.
- Benefits if you are an NRMA member. If you are an NRMA member, you can save 1% on your interest rate for the duration of your loan.
- Quick and easy customer service. The NRMA offers friendly and easy-to-talk-to customer service. Simply call or email the customer service team if you have any questions about your loan application and they will get back to you as soon as they can to help you.
- Purchase a new or used caravan. You can use this loan to finance a new or a used caravan.
- Fast online application process. The application process should take 10 minutes to complete if you have all of the documents you need on hand.
Fees and charges
You will receive a full fee schedule once you have been approved for your loan. However, some of the fees that you can expect to pay include:
- A redraw fee. This will be charged if you choose to redraw any extra funds that you have paid towards your loan.
- Early repayment fees. This will be charged if you pay off your loan before the end of your term.
- Overdue payment fees. This will be charged if you do not make a payment on time, whether you've chosen fortnightly or monthly repayments.
There are no monthly fees that are associated with this loan.
How to apply for the NRMA Caravan Loan
To apply for this loan, click the "Go to Site" button on this page to be taken to the NRMA's website. Before applying, ensure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be aged 18 or older
- You must apply for a loan of $5,000 or more
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident for tax purposes
Some of the documents you will need for your application include:
- Your current driver's licence number.
- Details of your income. This can include three months' worth of payslips or any other proof of income that you have available.
- Details of any assets, existing loans or liabilities in your name. This is so that the NRMA can fully assess your financial situation before deciding whether you are able to meet the obligations of the loan that you've applied for.
- Credit card and store card details. This is the card that you will be using to make your repayments.
The NRMA Caravan Loan can help you get on the road in a new or used caravan in no time. Consider other personal loans to ensure that this one meets your needs before applying.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
July 03, 2018
Are pensioners able to get a caravan loan please?
July 03, 2018
Thanks for leaving a question on Finder.
Yes! You can get a caravan loan as a pensioner through NRMA. If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you can press the “Go to site” button to be redirected to NRMA’s website where you can proceed with your loan application or get in touch with their representatives for further assistance.
Caravan loans are available to people in various financial situations, including pensioners. However, lenders differ on their eligibility criteria. Lenders usually have minimum income requirements and consider certain forms of income, so lenders offering caravan loans to pensioners may consider the age pension or super payments as income, or even consider income from rental payments. More specific information is provided in the table at the bottom of the page.
To get your application across the line, provide as much detail and documentation on your income streams and finances as possible.
When you are ready, you may then click on the “Go to site” button and you will be redirected to the lender’s website where you can proceed with the application or get in touch with their representatives for further inquiries you may have.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and read through the details of the needed requirements as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions when comparing your options before making a decision on whether it is right for you. You can also contact the provider if you have specific questions.
Show more Show less
May 18, 2018
How much is the early pay out fee?
May 18, 2018
Thanks for your message and for visiting finder – the leading comparison website & general information service built to give you advice in your buying decision needs. How are you doing today?
Please note that we’re a product comparison website and we do not represent any company we feature on our site. We provide general information on products to assist you in your buying decision process hence we cannot recommend product / service that is rightfully fit for you.
Early repayment fees and other fees will be given by the specific provider you choose. You may contact them directly about this since we don’t have access to these fees.
Hope this was helpful. Don’t hesitate to message us back if you have more questions.
Show more Show less