Alex Car Loan
- Application Fee
- Interest Rate (p.a.)
- From 8.45% (fixed)
- Comparison Rate (p.a.)
- Max Loan Amount
- This loan is no longer available. The information below has been left for existing customers and as a point of reference.
You can also check Alex Bank Personal Loan here..
Could your next car purchase be funded with a car loan from Alex?
Alex's car loans have no recurring fees, no early payment fees, and no manual paperwork to fill out. Plus, you'll receive a personalised interest rate - so the better your credit score, the lower your rate. Rates range of between 8.45% p.a. and 16.49% p.a.Find out more about a car loan from Alex below.
No monthly fees
No extra repayment or early payout fees
Late payment fee applies
|Product Name||Alex Bank Car Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||8.45% to 16.49%|
|Comp. Rate (p.a.)||8.45% to 16.49%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,100|
|Max Loan Amount||$30,000|
Main points to consider with an Alex car loan
Alex is a neobank lender that offers car loans from $2,100 to $30,000. Car loans from Alex are unsecured, with terms from 6 months to 5 years. You can apply in just 3 minutes with its 100% online application, and you'll usually receive a fast response. Alex personal loans only have a single upfront fee; there are no ongoing fees and no penalty charges for making extra repayments or repaying the loan early.
Rates on these loans range between 8.45% p.a. and 16.49% p.a. depending on the strength of your credit score. If you head to the lender's website you can get a rate estimate instantly that's based on your score, the amount of funding that you require, and your loan term.
Features of an Alex car loan
Alex Car Loans come with the following features:
- Personalised rate. Rates for Alex loans are personalised, meaning that the higher your credit score, the lower your rate.
- Loan amount. Funding amounts vary from $2,100 to $30,000.
- Loan term. 6 months to 5 years.
- Rate estimate. Receive a rate estimate online based on your loan amount, desired loan term and credit score before you apply.
- Unsecured. You do not have to use your car as security when opting for a loan from Alex.
- Fixed. This car loan has a fixed rate, so your repayments won't change over the life of the loan.
- Online application. Apply 100% online with no manual paperwork.
- Quick application. Applications take just three minutes to complete.
- Flexible repayments. Depending on your preferences, you can repay your loan weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- No monthly fees. There are no monthly or any other ongoing fees with this loan.
- No early repayment fees. Repay your loan early or make extra repayments penalty-free and save money over the life of the loan.
Fees and charges
You can expect the following fees and charges from an Alex personal loan:
- Establishment fee. No establishment fee.
- Interest rate. You'll receive a rate from 8.45% p.a. to 16.49% p.a. depending on your credit score. Comparison rates vary depending on loan term and loan amount.
How do I apply for an Alex car loan?
Applying for a car loan with Alex is quick and easy. Simply click "Go to site" to visit the lender's website directly and fill out a three-minute application. You will need to meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be 18 years old or over
You will also need to have the following documentation to hand:
- An Australian passport or driver's licence
- Your Internet banking details
Alex's site warns that if you are currently receiving JobSeeker payments, it may have trouble lending to you. However, if this applies to you, it's still worth getting in touch with Alex to see if it can help.
Remember that while this is a competitive loan product, it's still a good idea to compare other unsecured car loan options, prior to submitting an application. And if you don't mind offering your vehicle as security on a loan, you can check out some secured car loan options too.
Compare car loan providers
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked