UniBank Term Deposit
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 5% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Account keeping fee
- Maximum deposit
The UniBank Term Deposit can be opened with deposits starting from just $1,000 , up to a maximum balance of $499,999. You can choose between a range of term lengths, with special interest rate offers available for different terms.
Large range of term lengths available
Special rates for select terms
Higher rates available for members
Must become a member to access higher rates
No terms above 3 years available
|Product Name||UniBank Term Deposit|
|3 month interest rate||3.50%|
|4 month interest rate||3.50%|
|6 month interest rate||4.00%|
|7 month interest rate||4.00%|
|9 month interest rate||4.90%|
|12 month interest rate||5.00%|
|24 month interest rate||4.00%|
|36 month interest rate||4.00%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum age requirement||18|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Available to children||Not available for children|
Terms from 3 month to 3 years
You can select how long you'd like to lock your funds away, from as little as 3 months to up to 3 years at a time.
Fixed interest rate
You'll earn a fixed interest rate on the term of your choice for the life of the term. This means the rate won't change for the life of the term, even if the bank changes its advertised rates.
Invest between $1000 and $499,999
You can open a UniBank term deposit with as little as $1000, or up to $499,999.
You can choose to have interest paid monthly, 12 monthly or at maturity, depending on how you'd like to manage your interest payments.
No account fees
There are no set up fees or monthly account keeping fees charged with this account. However, if you're not already a member you'll need to join first which does attract a one-off fee of $10.
Australian Government bank guarantee scheme
Your deposit up to $250,000 is protected under the government's bank guarantee scheme.
How to apply
You can easily apply online in a matter of minutes. First, you need to become a member which you can do by completing the online application form and paying a one-off membership fee of $10. You'll also have an Everyday Direct Account opened for you at this time. If you're already a member you can open a term deposit via Internet banking.
To become a member and open an account you'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria, and have the necessary documents handy.
- You're over 18 years of age
- You're a permanent Australian resident or Australian citizen
- Personal details including name, date of birth, phone number, residential address and email address
- Personal ID in the form of a driver's license, passport or Medicare card
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked