As the second-largest broadband provider in Australia, TPG has a wide range of plans to help you take advantage of the NBN.
What you need to know about TPG NBN plans
Over the past 10 years, TPG has rapidly expanded to become one of the biggest broadband providers in the country. In addition to its extensive ADSL network, TPG has also expanded its services by launching its own fibre-to-the-basement (FTTB) network around the country and by having a wide variety of NBN plans to choose from. TPG's NBN plans are available on three of the NBN's speed tiers – nbn12, nbn25 and nbn100. There's currently no TPG plan available on the nbn50 speed tier. In addition to speed variations, TPG also offers 18-month contracts and month-to-month plans. The majority of TPG's NBN plans come with an unlimited data allowance, but there are a few exceptions, including two low-data plans on the nbn12 speed tier and a 500GB plan on the nbn100 speed tier. Many of TPG's NBN plans also come with a bundled home phone line and unlimited local phone calls.
What are the different TPG NBN bundles?
TPG's NBN bundles can be broken down into six different classes, with different bundles available depending on the speed tier chosen:
- The S bundle is only available on the nbn12 speed tier. It's a budget option with 10GB of monthly data and a PAYG call structure.
- The M bundle is also exclusive to the basic nbn12 speed tier. It includes 100GB of data, split into 50GB of peak and 50GB of off-peak usage. You also get unlimited local and standard national calls as part of your monthly fee.
- The SL bundle is available across both the nbn12 and nbn25 speed tiers. It includes unlimited data every month, but PAYG calls.
- The L bundle is exclusive to the fastest nbn100 speed tier. It offers 500GB of data (250GB peak and 250GB off-peak), unlimited local and standard national calls and 100 minutes of international calls to select countries.
- The XL bundle is available across all three speed tiers. It offers the same inclusions as the L bundle, with the addition of unlimited data.
- The XXL bundle is TPG's premium offer. It couples unlimited data with unlimited standard calls to local, national and Australian mobile numbers, plus unlimited international calls to 11 countries and 500 minutes to India as well.
The bundles are mostly the same whether you opt for an 18-month contract or a month-to-month plan, with the only exception being the XL plan on the nbn12 speed tier. On a monthly contract, that plan becomes the Extra Bundle plan and adds on unlimited calls to 13/1300 numbers.
How much do TPG NBN plans cost?
Pricing for TPG's NBN plans starts at $29.99 per month for the S plan and goes up to $109.99 a month for the super fast XXL nbn100 plan. All plans come with an included modem, even on a monthly contract. Opting for a month-to-month plan will see a set-up fee of $99.95 added to your bill, which is waived for customers opting for an 18-month contract. The minimum charge also includes a $20 prepayment fee and a $10 equipment delivery fee.