Are business flights costing your company? Join the Qantas Aquire program and save on travel expenses.
Qantas Aquire is a loyalty program designed for small and medium-sized businesses. If your business is often sending employees on domestic or international flights for work, then you could be capitalising on Frequent Flyer points as well as Aquire Points for the business. With a one-to-one conversation rate, being a member of the Aquire program could earn you double points on all flights.
Use this guide to learn about the features and limitations of the Qantas Aquire program and how you can earn and redeem points for your company.
Qantas Aquire program
The Qantas Aquire program can help businesses save on travel costs while offering2> their employees with incentives and the opportunity to redeem a range of rewards from Qantas and its partners. Under the program, businesses will be able to earn Aquire Points, which go back into the business. Qantas Points will also be added to individual Frequent Flyer accounts.
Who can join the Qantas Aquire program?
To become a member of the Qantas Aquire program, your business will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Australian businesses. Businesses must have an ABN and a postal mailing address in Australia.
- Qantas Frequent Flyers. Employees must be Qantas Frequent Flyers to earn both Aquire Points for the business and Qantas Points for themselves.
- Annual Aquire Points minimum earn. Your business must accrue a minimum of 20,000 Aquire Points annually in order to redeem rewards.
- Two or more travellers. Two or more travellers must have flown under the business ABN. This means that two employees must actively fly to accrue the required points.
Once these requirements have been met, the accrued points move from being ‘Pending’ to ‘Active’. Only once your points are active will you be able to redeem them on rewards.
How to earn Qantas Aquire Points
You can earn Aquire Points across the extensive domestic and national network offered by Qantas. Providing the flight has a QF flight number and is with Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines, your flight will earn you points. How many points you earn is based on each segment of the flight. This is calculated by applying the percentage earn rate to the number of Qantas Points a Bronze member customer would earn in the corresponding booking class.
|Points earned||Flight class|
|5 points for every 10 Qantas Points earned||First in Flexible Business|
|4 points for every 10 Qantas Points earned||Business, Premium Economy and Flexible|
|3 points for every 10 Qantas Points earned||Economy and Discount Economy|
For example, a return flight in Flexible Economy from Melbourne to Sydney will earn the traveller 2,400 Qantas Points and 960 Aquire Points for the company.
Westpac is a main partner of Qantas and offers a variety of rewards through its BusinessChoice Rewards credit card. Use the card for everyday purchases and you’ll earn one Aquire Point for every $1.50 spent on eligible purchases. Westpac is also offering new customers a bonus 40,000 Aquire Points once they have made their first purchase.
Earn up to 4 Aquire Points for every dollar you spend on selected Qantas Aquire partners. The partners are specifically aimed towards business expenditures, including secure parking, car hire, stationery, insurance providers and advertising companies.
How to redeem Qantas Aquire Points
You can convert your Aquire Points to Qantas Points and redeem a wide range of products offered by Qantas and its partners. Each Aquire Points will convert to 2 Qantas Points:
- Products from the store. Redeem points for products to reward your employees. You could run a competition to boost workplace productivity and use prizes purchased from the Qantas store as the rewards.
- Invest in the business. Redeem points on perks for the office like a coffee machine or an iPad.
- Redeem for gift vouchers. Reward employees with gift vouchers from the Qantas store.
- Boost your own Qantas Points balance. Convert the points to your personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account and reward yourself with a holiday.
What are the benefits of belonging to the Qantas Aquire program?
- Business Class discounts. If you book a Business Class or Premium Economy flight at least 10 days before your flight, a 10% discount applies.
- Economy discounts. Economy Flexible tickets purchased more than 7 days before the travel date will earn a 5% discount.
- Offers. Qantas frequently releases new bonuses on competitions, flights and products and may waive joining fees during promotional periods.
Terms and conditions to consider before joining Qantas Aquire program
Some of the restrictions you’ll want to look out for include the following:
- Joining fee. A $89.50 joining fee applies.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem points.
- Travellers. You must have two travellers flying under your ABN to earn Aquire Points. This means that business owners working singly or companies where only one employee flies won’t be eligible.
- Points for flights. You can only redeem your Aquire Points once you’ve accrued 20,000 points.
- Points transfer. A minimum of 3,000 points is required if you want to transfer your Aquire Points to another program.
Joining the Qantas Aquire program could be a beneficial move for employees who frequently fly. Keep in mind that you need to earn 20,000 points from flights before you can convert them to Qantas Points and redeem rewards. Estimate your flight costs and decide whether the program is suited to your everyday business needs and how you can incorporate the partners to boost your points balance.Back to top