Maximum yearly benefit
|Product Name||Medibank Ultimate Pet Care|
|Annual Benefit||$45 for flea/tick/worm control, $10 for FeLv/Fiv test or urinalysis, $10 for |
heartworm test or blood screen. Plus $50 for one other treatment.
|Cooling Off Period||21 days|
|Cruciate Ligament Benefit||$2,600|
|Excess options||Choice of $0, $100 and $200|
|Consultations and Vet Visits||$300|
- It's good if you have health insurance with Medibank. You can get 10% off every subsequent year you have a policy. You also get 5% off for every additional pet you insure.
- Its $15,000 annual benefit isn't as much as insurers such as Woolies, Knose and Petsy, but it's better than some other budget policies which only offer $12,000.
- It's good if you have more than 1 dog or cat – you can get a 5% discount.
- Its $1,200 paralysis tick benefit isn't market-leading — Woolies, Budget Direct and Knose are some of the providers available on Finder offering more.
- If you don't have a Medibank health insurance policy, the savings won't be as good.
Medibank pet insurance deals
Get a pet insurance quote from Medibank
🔎 Why choose Medibank Pet Insurance?
Here are a few reasons why Medibank pet insurance might be worth getting. It can pay you up to 80% back on all eligible vet bills for:
- After-hours emergency
- Prescription medications and drugs
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Emergency boarding
- Cruciate ligament surgery
- Vet consultations
- Specialist care
✅ What pet insurance policies are offered by Medibank?
Medibank pet insurance policies include:
|Essential Pet Care||Medibank Essential Pet Care is great for people who want coverage for a range of accidental injuries and illnesses for your dog or cat.|
|Ultimate Pet Care||Medibank Ultimate Pet Care is good if you want coverage for a wide range of illnesses and accidental injuries for your dog or cat. Optional routine care might be good if you also want limited reimbursement for specific preventative treatments.|
|Emergency Pet Care||Medibank Emergency Pet Care is great for people who want coverage for a specified list of accidental injuries and illnesses for your dog or cat.|
💰 Medibank Pet Insurance cost
To help give you an idea about costs for Medibank Pet Insurance, we gathered annual quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like your own dog's breed, age and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Dog Breed||1yr old||5yr old|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$915.08||$1,279.11|
🏥 What does Medibank Pet Insurance cover?
Here's a more detailed overview of what Medibank will cover for your pet.
Accidental injury can cover up to 80% of vet bills if your pet is in involved in one of the following:
- A motor vehicle accident
- A burn or electrocution
- An allergic reaction to a bite
- A bone fracture
You won't have any waiting periods for accidents, but your pet needs to be at least 8 weeks old to be eligible for cover.
If your cat or dog gets sick, Medibank can pay 80% of eligible vet bills for the following:
- Cancer treatment
- Skin conditions
- Eye/ear conditions
- Ingestion of a foreign object
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Hereditary and congenital conditions (excluding pre-existing conditions)
Routine care is an optional benefit for Medibank's Comprehensive Pet Insurance policy. It can help cover the costs of the following:
- Obedience training
- Dental illness treatment
- Council registration fees
- Teeth cleaning
- Heartworm control
👥 Medibank Pet Insurance reviews
In additon to reviews on Finder below, We looked through Medibank Pet Insurance customer reviews on productreview.com which goes back 11 years from August 2021. Here's a summary of how Medibank customer reviews stack up against other brands:
- Most claims are accepted in less than 2 weeks.
- It has over 70 five-star reviews, which is more than Petsy (though Petsy has fewer reviews overall).
- It has a lower rating than other pet insurers including Knose, Pet Insurance Australia and Bow Wow.
- It has over 230 negative reviews – more than Pet Insurance Australia which has also received more reviews overall.
If you're a previous or existing customer of Medibank pet insurance, we'd love to hear from you! Leave a quick review here.
What isn't covered by your policy?
The general exclusions that Medibank Pet Insurance will not cover, unless otherwise stated on your policy, include but are not limited to:
- Pre-existing conditions. This includes any condition or symptoms of a condition occurring prior to the commencement date or during any applicable waiting period.
- Day-to-day care. The following are not covered:
- Grooming and bathing
- Accessories such as cage hire or pill poppers
- Preventative procedures or treatments
- Dental care. Teeth cleaning, dental procedures, gingivitis, tooth fractures, removal of deciduous or fractured teeth, or any oral disease are not included.
- Elective procedures and treatments. Such as cosmetic procedures, routine examinations, cryptorchidism and debarking.
📝 How to submit a Medibank Pet Insurance claim
You can either submit your pet insurance claim with Medibank online or by post or email. Online claims are quicker to process. You can either:
- Submit your claim online: Log in to PetPortal and complete the necessary sections of the online claim. You will then need to upload any scanned receipts related to your claim and other relevant documents.
- Submit your claim via post: Download or print off and fill out the Medibank Pet Insurance claim form. You will then need to take the claim form to your vet and ask them to fill out Part 2 of the form and sign it. After this, you can mail the claim form alongside receipts related to your claim and other relevant documents within 90 days of paying the bill.