Medibank Pet Insurance
Choose from 3 levels of cover and get up to 80% back for Vet bills with Medibank Pet Insurance.
As well as providing private health insurance to over 3.8 million Australians, Medibank also takes care of your pets. Medibank pet insurance aims to give your dog or cat the cover it needs, giving you peace of mind should an unexpected accident or illness strike.
With three options to choose from, find out below if there is a policy that suits you and your pet's needs.
Compare pet insurance from Medibank
What pet insurance policies are offered by Medibank?
Medibank Pet Insurance provides a number of policy options for the budget conscious as well as those who want additional cover for their pets. Policies include:
- Essential Pet Care: The budget conscious pet insurance option that provides coverage for accidental injuries and illness cover only and 70% back on eligible vet bills.
- Ultimate Pet Care: Includes coverage against accidents and illnesses as well as optional routine and preventative care such as vaccinations, de-sexing and micro-chipping. It also comes with higher annual limits than Essential Pet Care and 80% back on eligible bills.
- Emergency Pet Care: This provides cover for high-value vet bills on accidental injuries and specified illnesses with a few additional benefits and features that will ensure your pet is always in the best health possible.
|Essential Pet Care|
|Ultimate Pet Care|
|Emergency Pet Care|
What additional benefits does Medibank offer?
Along with the stated, included benefits, Medibank offers a number of additional benefits for your pet's comfort and your peace of mind.
- Emergency boarding – will pay a portion of your pet's emergency boarding if you are hospitalised for five or more consecutive days.
- Essential euthanasia – pays for humane and essential pet euthanasia treatment by a vet.
- Paralysis tick benefit – pays the sub-limit shown on your Certificate Of Insurance for tick paralysis treatment.
- Pet Overseas travel insurance – pays for vet expenses while you are travelling in certain areas.
- Multiple pet discount – Medibank also offer 5% off for any additional pets you need to be covered.
What isn't covered by your policy?
The general exclusions that Medibank Pet Insurance will not cover, unless otherwise stated on your policy, include but are not limited to:
- Pre-existing conditions – this includes any condition or symptoms of a condition occurring prior to the commencement date or during any applicable waiting period.
- Day-to-day care –the following are not covered:
- Grooming and bathing
- Accessories such as: cage hire or pill poppers
- Preventative procedures or treatments
- Dental care – teeth cleaning, dental procedures, gingivitis, tooth fractures, removal of deciduous or fractured teeth, or any oral disease are not included.
- Elective procedures and treatments – such as cosmetic procedures, routine examinations, cryptorchidism and debarking.
How can you file a claim with Medibank pet insurance?
You can either submit your pet insurance claim with Medibank online or by post or email. Online claims are quicker to respond. You can either:
- Submit your claim online: Login to PetPortal and complete the necessary sections of the online claim. You will then need to upload any scanned receipts related to your claim and other relevant documents.
- Submit your claim via post: Download or print off and fill out the Medibank Pet Insurance claim form. You will then need to take the claim form to your vet and ask them to fully fill out Part 2 of the form and sign it. After which, you can mail the claim form alongside receipts related to your claim and other relevant documents within 90 days of paying the bill.
Why choose Medibank pet insurance?
With pet medical expenses ranging up to thousands of dollars, it's safe to say that pet insurance can help with large out of pocket expenses. Medibank pet insurance provides up to 80% back on all eligible vet bills for:
- After-hours emergency
- Prescription medications and drugs
- Laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Emergency boarding
- Cruciate ligament surgery
- Vet consultations
- Surgery and
- Specialist care
When you take out a policy with Medibank pet insurance, you also have access to a lifetime renewal – provided there are no breaks in your cover – regardless of your pet's age or claim's history. There are also annual limits ranging from $4,000 to $15,000 based on the level of cover you choose.
Ask an Expert