Bupa Pet Insurance
Cover up to 80% of your pet's eligible bills with Bupa Pet Insurance.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
With a Pet Insurance plan from Bupa, you can claim up to 80% of your pet’s eligible dental, medical and accidental vet bills.
Hollard is the insurer of Bupa Pet; however, all Bupa Pet Insurance, verification and cancellation are conducted, on behalf of Hollard, by PetSure. Bupa, through resources and authorisation from PetSure, provides protection for your pets in the form of:
- Financial protection for vet expenses caused from unexpected accidental injuries or illnesses and
- Eligible vet expenses for any vet in Australia, as well as, some overseas veterinarians
Bupa pet insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to their website at www.bupa.com.au for more information or compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder
What policies are offered by Bupa Australia?
Bupa offers three different levels of cover for applicants to choose from:
The Bupa Basic Insurance plan is a budget-friendly protection package that provides coverage against accidental injuries, such as fractures, fight wounds, burns or electrocution, snake bite toxicity, and motor vehicle accidents.
With a $12,000 benefit limit, Bupa Standard provides protection for accidental injuries and illnesses. With the additional, optional routine care benefit, Bupa Standard covers a series of eventualities, such as: diabetes, skin conditions, cancer, as well as, the stated benefits for accidental injuries and illnesses.
Provides pet owners with a peace of mind, knowing that your pet is covered for all accidental injuries, illnesses and optional routine care. The $20,000 benefit level that comes with this policy includes protection against cancer, diabetes and skin conditions. It is also possible for you to tailor the Bupa Ultimate policy to suit your pet’s health needs with optional protection, such as coverage for:
- Alternative therapies
- Dental Illnesses
- Routine Care Plus – offer coverage for training, prescription diets and teeth cleaning
|Bupa Basic||10% Discount for all Bupa health members|
|Bupa Standard||10% Discount for all Bupa health members|
|Bupa Ultimate||10% Discount for Bupa health members|
What isn't covered?
Unless otherwise stated in your Certificate of Insurance, your Bupa Pet Insurance policy won’t cover the following:
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions – refers to any condition, symptoms or sign of a condition your pet experiences before your policy becomes effective or during any applicable waiting period.
- Day-to-Day Care – includes regular prescription drugs, preventative procedures and treatment for pets who are used for commercial or occupational purposes.
- Dental Care – such as dental disease, procedures; gingivitis, tooth fractures and orthodontics are not covered under your policy, unless you buy the optional cover.
- Certain Treatments & Conditions – such as those including treatments for behavioural problems, cell-replacement therapies and any condition excluded under the policy.
- Certain Services & Procedures – are not covered under Bupa Pet Insurance. These services and procedures include: transport or boarding expenses, ambulance fees, organ transplant surgery and genetic/chromosome testing.
- Elective Procedures & Treatments – that includes routine examinations, cosmetic procedures and experimental treatments will not be covered under a Bupa Pet Insurance Policy.
- Failure to Protect your pet – the company will not cover malicious act, gross negligence or deliberate injury by you or someone else in your household.
How to File a Claim with Bupa
Once you have submitted the notification of the covered event you would like to claim, you may proceed with filing, either online or follow the traditional process and submit your request using paper through the mail.
How to process your claim online?
- To process your Bupa claim online, you must upload a copy of your consultation notes and itemised invoice to the company’s system, via the customer portal.
- A full medical history is required if you are filing a claim for the first time.
- Adoption papers must accompany your invoice for pets who were adopted.
Filing a Claim through traditional Mail
If this is the process you choose, you must first
- Print the claim form online and complete it; then
- Have your vet complete Section 2 and, along with your vet, sign the assigned areas.
- Mail the complete form with itemised invoices, payment receipts and consultation notes to:
BUPA Pet Insurance,
Locked Bag 9021,
Castle Hill, NSW, 1765
Why Choose Bupa?
Your pet, like you, will have health issues that require a few trips to the vet each year. With the average yearly cost of multiple fractures being $2,241, these trips can be expensive. To avoid spending thousands of dollars each year on out of pocket pet health expenses, Bupa Pet Insurance offers excellent additional and optional benefits, such as:
- Emergency boarding
- Paralysis Tick Benefit
- Essential Euthanasia
- Pet Overseas Travel Expense
- Routine Care
- Alternative Therapy; and
- Dental Illness Benefits
Along with their built in benefits and excellent additional optional benefits, Bupa Pet Insurance is an excellent option for pet owners who wish to protect their pets from all unforeseen eventualities.
Frequently asked Questions about Bupa Pet Insurance
More guides on Finder
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert