We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Previously operating as Needy Money, nmoni has extended its loan offering to include both unsecured and secured personal loans. They provide personal loans, car loans, bad credit loans and home loans or refinancing. Nmoni does not perform upfront credit checks. Instead, they assess your financial status and needs on an individual basis first. Interest rates for good credit applicants begin from 7.95% p.a., but the rates will depend on the type of product you apply for. Bad credit applicants can expect higher rates.
What loans are available?
nmoni provides a wide variety of loan products. These include:
Personal loansnmoni provides both secured and unsecured personal loans from $2,001 upwards. The terms on these loans can vary from 1 to 7 years. Based on your preferences and/or your circumstances, loans can be secured or unsecured. Collateral assets for these loans can be either a property under your name or a vehicle not currently on finance. Vehicles must be less than 7 years old. Personal loan borrowers are usually required to have a good credit rating.
Car loansWhether you have good or bad credit, nmoni may be able to help you to get a car loan. Even previously bankrupt customers on Part 9 debt agreements are still eligible (though you will be required to be at least 12 months into the arrangement). Even if you haven't found the car you want to buy yet, nmoni may be able to offer you pre-approval on a car loan.
Bad credit loansIf you have any defaults on your credit history, have been bankrupt in the past or are on a Part 9 debt agreement, you may still get personal loans for bad credit with nmoni. In order to determine your eligibility, nmoni will assess 90 days worth of your bank statements as well as your employment status. It uses this information to determine whether the loan you've applied for is suitable for your circumstances and whether you will be able to realistically meet the repayments. Responsible lending criteria apply.
Home loans/RefinancingWhile nmoni doesn't offer home loans and refinancing loans directly, it does offer a credit assessment service. This assessment is not based solely on your credit history but on you as an individual. Once nmoni has assessed your situation, it may put you in touch with one of its partnered lenders who may be able to help. For more information on home loans, please visit nmoni's website directly.
For the full range of loan options, you can visit nmoni's website by clicking "Go to Site" or by contacting nmoni by phone, live chat or email.
What features does a personal loan from nmoni offer?
nmoni offers a range of features with its loan products. These include:
- Secured and unsecured. Whether you wish to use an asset as security on a loan or not, nmoni may be able to help find the right loan for you.
- No upfront credit checks. nmoni considers applicants based on their financial history and employment status before considering their credit file.
- Good and bad credit applicants eligible. While people with good credit usually qualify for lower rates than people with bad credit, nmoni still considers applications from bad credit applicants, even in the case of a bankruptcy or Part 9 debt agreement.
- Quick turnaround. A loan from nmoni could see funds in your account on the same day.
- Flexible repayments. Customers can choose a repayment schedule that fits their pay schedule and preference.
- Licensed broker. If nmoni can't provide you with the right loan for your circumstances, it may be able to put you in touch with someone who can.
- Competitive rates. Applicants with good credit can apply for rates starting from 8.5% p.a. Please be aware that rates will depend on the product that you apply for and on your financial circumstances and credit history.
How to apply
If you think you'd like to apply for a loan with nmoni, simply click "Go to Site" and submit an application. Before submitting an application, please ensure that you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are 18 years old or over
Please also note that
- If you are on Centrelink benefits, those benefits cannot make up more than half of your income.
- If you are in a Part 9 debt agreement, you must have been entered into that agreement at least 12 months before applying.
- Applicants who have declared bankruptcy must be discharged.
- Self-employed applicants must have a net income of at least $35,000.
All fees and charges will vary based on the product that you apply for and on your circumstances. It is also always a good idea to compare as many personal loan options as possible prior to submitting an application. This will help you to find the best solution for your circumstances.
More guides on Finder
As lockdown tightens, what relief are banks offering for home loan customers?
Many banks are offering repayment deferrals and a temporary pause on foreclosures for eligible customers.
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
Offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
BankSA Vertigo – Cashback Offer
The BankSA Vertigo card offers $300 cashback, a waived first-year annual fee and a low ongoing purchase interest rate.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
Compare the features of the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo credit card, including a $0 first-year annual fee and a $300 cashback.
Well Home Loans Equity Plus
A review of Well Home Loans’ Equity Plus Home Loan. This is a loan for borrowers with 40% deposits or equity.
4 ways to keep your hard-earned cash safe
SPONSORED: Don’t let yourself become a victim of fraud or theft. Here are 4 easy ways to keep your money safer.
loans.com.au Green Home Loan
A detailed review of loans.com.au’s Green Home Loan. Discover the features and benefits of this green home loan.
Australian Unity Variable Health Wealth Happiness Package
A review of Australian Unity’s Variable Home Loan Health Wealth Happiness Package. Discover the features and benefits of this loan.
DeFi guide: How to use MakerDAO and mint DAI
Read our step-by-step guide on the MakerDAO platform. Find out how it works and how to grant loans using cryptocurrency holdings.
Boost your 2021 tax return: Top tips for a bigger refund
It's tax time! Finder's money writers share their tips to claim deductions on everything from your home office, car and insurance to your mortgage.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert