With People’s Choice Credit Union you can open a Personal Term Investment on your own terms. Choose how long you want to lock your money down, how often you receive your interest payments and how much you want to invest. Once started, sit back and watch your money increase every month.
What are the features of the People’s Choice Credit Union Personal Term Investment?
Term investments or deposits are a convenient and low risk method of seeing a higher return on your savings investment. The only catch? You can't access your money until the end of your term. If you think a high interest savings account may be better suited to you, you can take a look at People's Choice Credit Union's range of savings accounts here. Otherwise, check out the features of the Personal Term Investment below.
$5000 minimum deposit
In order to activate a Personal Term Investment with People’s Choice you will need to be able to invest at least $5,000.
Zero account keeping fees
You will not be charged any account keeping fees with this high interest earning savings account.
Term length from 2 months to 5 years
Long term investments aren't for everyone - with this account you have the flexibility to choose how long you want your term to be, ranging from just two months all the way to five years.
Choose when to receive interest payments
You can request to have interest payments made at maturity, annually, bi-annually, quarterly, monthly or every 28 days.
Tiered fixed interest rates
The interest rates given on the Personal Term Investment are competitive and tiered. The longer the terms, the higher the rate of interest that you earn. This fixed rate will also vary depending on how often you choose to receive your interest payments.
You can withdraw money annually if needed
You are permitted to make a partial withdrawal of the money invested in your term deposit once during the term or annually if the term of the investment is greater than one year. You must withdraw at least $1,000, and if your withdrawal puts the balance below $1,000 you will be required to close the account. Keep in mind that when you make an early withdrawal the interest rate you are earning will change depending on the amount of money you have left in the Personal Term Investment account.
You will receive written notice prior to maturity
Before your term ends you will receive a written notice from People’s Choice asking for instructions on how to proceed with the account. If they don’t hear from you before the end of the noted grace period the funds will automatically be deposited into a new account with the same terms and prevailing interest rate.
- Choose to receive interest annually, half yearly, quarterly, monthly or every 28 days
- Term length from 2 months to 5 years.
- Tiered fixed interest rates
- Can withdraw money annually if needed
- Minimum age 13 years
- Minimum of $5000 for investment is required.
How do I apply for a People’s Choice Credit Union Personal Term Investment?
You need to be a member of People's Choice credit Union to open this account. New members will need to click “Go to Site” in order to apply for membership at the same time that they apply for the account.
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 13 years of age in order to be a Personal Term Investment account holder.
- Residency requirements. Australian residents may apply for this account, but temporary residents will need to provide their work visa along with their foreign passport.
- Depository requirements. A minimum of $5,000 is required in order to activate the Personal Term Investment account.
Additional documentation needed:
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used with interest earning accounts to assist the financial institution in deducting the right amount of withholding tax from any interest earnings.
- Identification. In order to help verify your identity you will need information found on your driver’s licence, passport, or Medicare card, so make sure these are handy before applying.
What happens next?
After submitting your application online, the account details will be sent to you and the account activated once your initial deposit has cleared the account. You can then keep up with the progress of your savings growth through online banking.