People’s Choice Credit Union Term Investment
- Interest rate 12 months interest rate
- Up to 4.9% p.a.
- Minimum opening deposit
- Maximum deposit
- Maximum balance
With People’s Choice Credit Union you can open a Personal Term Investment on your own terms. Choose how long you want to lock your money down, how often you receive your interest payments and how much you want to invest. Once started, sit back and watch your money increase every month.
Choose to receive interest annually, half yearly, quarterly, monthly or every 28 days
Term length from 2 months to 5 years.
Tiered fixed interest rates
Can withdraw money annually if needed
Minimum age 13 years
Minimum investment of $5,000
|Product Name||People's Choice Credit Union Term Investment|
|3 month interest rate||3.95%|
|4 month interest rate||3.60%|
|6 month interest rate||4.70%|
|7 month interest rate||3.75%|
|9 month interest rate||3.90%|
|12 month interest rate||4.90%|
|24 month interest rate||4.20%|
|36 month interest rate||4.00%|
|48 month interest rate||4.00%|
|60 month interest rate||4.00%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$5,000|
|Minimum age requirement||13|
|Minimum Age Requirement||13|
|Joint account availability||Yes|
|Available to children||Not available for children under 13 years of age|
$5000 minimum deposit
In order to activate a Personal Term Investment with People's Choice you will need to be able to invest at least $5,000.
Zero account keeping fees
You will not be charged any account keeping fees with this high interest earning savings account.
Term length from 2 months to 5 years
Long term investments aren't for everyone - with this account you have the flexibility to choose how long you want your term to be, ranging from just two months all the way to five years.
Choose when to receive interest payments
You can request to have interest payments made at maturity, annually, bi-annually, quarterly, monthly or every 28 days.
Tiered fixed interest rates
The interest rates given on the Personal Term Investment are competitive and tiered. The longer the terms, the higher the rate of interest that you earn. This fixed rate will also vary depending on how often you choose to receive your interest payments.
You can withdraw money annually if needed
You are permitted to make a partial withdrawal of the money invested in your term deposit once during the term or annually if the term of the investment is greater than one year. You must withdraw at least $1,000, and if your withdrawal puts the balance below $1,000 you will be required to close the account. Keep in mind that when you make an early withdrawal the interest rate you are earning will change depending on the amount of money you have left in the Personal Term Investment account.
You will receive written notice prior to maturity
Before your term ends you will receive a written notice from People's Choice asking for instructions on how to proceed with the account. If they don't hear from you before the end of the noted grace period the funds will automatically be deposited into a new account with the same terms and prevailing interest rate.
How to apply
- Minimum age. You must be at least 13 years of age in order to be a Personal Term Investment account holder.
- Residency requirements. Australian residents may apply for this account, but temporary residents will need to provide their work visa along with their foreign passport.
- Depository requirements. A minimum of $5,000 is required in order to activate the Personal Term Investment account.
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used with interest earning accounts to assist the financial institution in deducting the right amount of withholding tax from any interest earnings.
- Identification. In order to help verify your identity you will need information found on your driver's licence, passport, or Medicare card, so make sure these are handy before applying.
What happens after I submit my application?
After submitting your application online, the account details will be sent to you and the account activated once your initial deposit has cleared the account. You can then keep up with the progress of your savings growth through online banking.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked