Optus My Plan Plus contract plans offer you both simple SIM-only plans or two year plans with bundled smartphones on Optus’ 4G Plus network.
What services does Optus Mobile offer?
Optus provides a wide range of mobile phone handsets on 24-month contract terms, including all the heavy hitters such as Apple's iPhone range and Samsung's Galaxy S and Galaxy Note phones. For those on a more constrained budget, there are simpler handsets available at lower contract prices, including some handsets bundled free with certain plan combinations.
Optus offers its mobile phone contract plans on either purchase or lease arrangements. Leasing a phone can lead to lower monthly repayments but you never truly own the phone, and for higher-tier plans the differences may be negligible. Your handset repayments will vary depending on the phone you choose, but they're all based off Optus' standard 24-month My Plan Plus contracts, which at a base level at the time of writing look like so:
- My Plan Plus $45 : Unlimited calls and texts, 4GB of data, $45
- My Plan Plus $65: Unlimited calls and texts, 20GB of data, $65
- My Plan Plus $85: Unlimited calls and texts, 50GB of data, $85
- My Plan Plus $105: Unlimited calls and texts, 200GB of data, $105
- My Plan Plus $125: Unlimited calls and texts, 200GB of data, $125
Optus frequently runs special offers on its contract phone plans, with either pricing discounts across the life of the plan or bonus data, and sometimes both to entice you to sign up.
- New phone trade up If a new phone comes along that you like more, you can switch handsets and contracts after only 12 months.
- Free international calls Many tiers of My Plan Plus come with an allotment of international calling minutes.
- Data Pool If you have multiple My Plan Plus services on the same billing account, you can pool the data together to maximise the usage of data you're already paying for.
- Phone upgrades mean you have to keep your phone in good order.You can't upgrade if your phone isn't up to scratch – and you are signing up for a further two years as well..
- Month To Month plans aren’t quite as good value.If you opt for Optus’ month to month plans you not only pay more than the 12 month price, you also get less data to use along the way.