Optus adds Netflix streaming data to prepaid plans
Score 10GB of data for streaming Netflix, Stan or iview on Optus's prepaid plans.
Optus has offered "quota-free" standard definition streaming of Netflix, Stan and ABC iview for its contract customers for some time, but that wasn't a perk you could enjoy if you were an Optus prepaid customer.
For its Prepaid Ultimate Plus customers, Optus is currently running a promotion where you get 10GB of data exclusively for use while streaming Netflix, iview or Stan. That deal will run until at least 2 September 2018. Recharges on that plan last for 28 days.
10GB isn't quite the same thing as unlimited streaming, and it's not data that you can use for other purposes. Still, if you fancy a couple of episodes of your favourite show during your daily commute, it's a pretty decent deal. Depending on the stream quality, that should be good for at least 10 hours of Netflix viewing on mobile devices.
Presuming you don't drive to work, that is, because you really should be keeping your eyes on the road.
Optus is also offering bonus data on its Prepaid Ultimate Plus, with 20GB extra on the top-tier $60 plan, 15GB extra on the $50 plan, 8GB on the $40 plan and a curious 5.88GB on the $30 plan. $20 and $10 recharges don't see any additional data, and you also don't get the free streaming data at those price levels either.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and discounts for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
- Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals