NobleOak Income Protection Review
Generous cover limits and a benefit period lasting up to 65 help to separate NobleOak life insurance from the competition.
Maximum Monthly Benefit
Maximum % of Income Covered
Up to age 65
Maximum Benefit Period
2021 Finder Awards
Winner: Best Income Protection Insurance
NobleOak Income Protection Insurance
NobleOak's income protection insurance policy offers up to $25,000 per month in cover which is fully underwritten. NobleOak offers a wide range of benefit periods, including up to 65 years, the longest benefit period on the direct market.
Looking for an affordable Income protection policy that still provides the level of cover found with major retail insurers? With NobleOak Income Protection, you can cover up to 75% of your regular pre-disability income if you are forced to take time out of work following a serious injury or illness.
Get the latest deal from NobleOak Income Protection Insurance
NobleOak life insurance: Our verdict
- This award-winning insurer offers market-leading benefit periods along with a host of perks including rehab, spousal support and nursing care. Plus, your first month's free when you buy a NobleOak Income Protection policy.
- Policies are fully underwritten, giving you more peace of mind if you ever need to make a claim.
- NobleOak's minimum waiting period starts from 30 days in certain circumstances. This isn't quite as low as competitors such as AAMI, Insuranceline and Suncorp who offer 14 days on some covers.
Read a more detailed review on:
NobleOak Income Protection
Key points of NobleOak Income Protection
NobleOak's Income Protection Insurance is designed to help replace your lost income if you're unable to work due to serious sickness or injury. It offers the following benefits:
- Total Disablement benefit*. You'll receive an ongoing monthly benefit to replace up to 75% of your usual income (up to $25,000 per month). This helps you continue to provide for your family and manage your everyday expenses, giving much-needed peace of mind and allowing you to simply focus on getting better.
- Partial Disablement benefit. A reduced monthly benefit will be paid if you are sick or injured but you are able to return to work in a reduced capacity. This means you will only be able to perform some of the duties of your usual occupation and you must be earning less than your pre-disability income.
- Waiver of premium. You will not have to pay any premiums for the period in which you are being paid benefits.
- Recurring Disablement benefit. If you return to work for less than 6 months after receiving your most recent Total Disablement or Partial Disablement benefit and suffer a recurrence of the same cause of your claim, this will be treated as a continuation of your original claim. No waiting period will apply for this benefit.
- Specific Sicknesses and Injuries benefit. You will receive a monthly benefit if you suffer one of a specified list of injuries or illnesses, such as coronary artery bypass surgery, Alzheimer's Disease, heart attack, major burns or multiple sclerosis. You will receive benefits for six months if you select a waiting period of 30 days, or three months if you select a waiting period of 90 days. This benefit is paid regardless of whether or not you are Totally Disabled, and regardless of whether or not you can return to work.
- Death benefit. If you die while receiving a Total or Partial Disablement benefit, your estate will receive a lump sum benefit equivalent to 3 months of Total Disablement benefit.
- Rehabilitation Expenses benefit. If you are receiving benefits and your medical practitioner recommends, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance in the following situations:
- Nursing Care benefit. This benefit is paid if you are totally disabled and confined to bed, and if a medical practitioner certifies that you need full-time care of a registered nurse for more than three consecutive days.
- Claim Payment Benefit Increases. Once you've received a Total or Partial Disablement benefit for 12 consecutive months, your monthly benefit will automatically increase each year by either 5% or the Consumer Price Index (CPI), whichever is lesser.
- Spouse benefit. In situations where your spouse has to stop working because you are totally disabled, NobleOak will pay the lesser of $2,000 per month or the amount your spouse would have earned per month if they had kept working, for up to 6 months.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Business Expenses Insurance
Key points of Business Expenses Insurance
NobleOak's Business Expenses Insurance is tailored to meet the needs of self-employed people who are seeking to cover the fixed operating costs of their business.
If you cannot work because of illness or injury, your NobleOak insurance will kick in and provide you with the following:
- Reimbursement of all fixed ongoing business costs.
- The amount of the business costs NobleOak will cover is determined when you take out the policy and choose the cover amount. You can cover up to $25,000 per month.
- Ongoing fixed costs are those which would be incurred by the business whether it was generating income or not, for example payments for your utilities and loans.
- Benefit payments for up to a year while you recover.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Applying for cover
Key points of applying for cover
- To be eligible for Income Protection, you'll need to be 18 - 59 years old.
- To be eligible for Business Expenses Insurance, you'll need to be 21 - 59 years old.
- Applications generally take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
- Depending on whether or not additional information is required, the application process is pretty straightforward.
- A dedicated client services team to assist you with any questions you might have.
- Cooling-off period. Once you have taken out cover and received your NobleOak welcome pack, you have 30 days to decide whether or not the cover meets your needs. If you wish to cancel your cover during this 30-day period, you will receive a full refund of the premiums you have paid.
- Claims. If you wish to make a claim, you'll need to notify NobleOak of your intention within 14 days or as soon as is practically possible.
- Changing your insurance. You can apply in writing at any time if you wish to increase your cover (you'll need to complete a new application and undergo the full underwriting process) or decrease your cover (no further underwriting will be required).
- Premium payments. If you wish to pay your NobleOak Income Protection Insurance premiums monthly, this can be done via direct debit from your nominated bank account or via a Mastercard or Visa credit card. Annual premiums are payable by cheque or direct debit.
- Tax deductible. The premiums you pay towards NobleOak Income Protection Insurance are generally tax-deductible.
What factors influence the cost of NobleOak Income Protection Insurance?
There are several factors that affect the cost of your policy, including:
- The level of cover. The higher the monthly benefit, the more you will normally have to pay for cover.
- The waiting period. The shorter the waiting period you select, the more expensive your cover will be.
- The benefit period. Your policy will cost more if you select a longer benefit period.
- How often you pay your premiums. You'll receive a 5% discount if you pay your NobleOak Income Protection premiums annually.
- Your sex. Your premium can also vary based on whether you are male or female.
- Your age. Income Protection premiums generally increase as you age.
- Your occupation. Jobs that are hazardous or attract a higher level of risk attract higher insurance premiums.
- Your smoking status. Premiums are markedly higher for smokers due to the many health problems associated with smoking.
- Your health. Your overall health and your family's medical history will also be taken into account when determining the cost of cover.
- Your pastimes. Engaging in high-risk sports and adventure activities will lead to more expensive cover.
Still trying to work out if NobleOak is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- NobleOak can offer flexibility in applications, including consideration of requests for monthly benefits up to $25,000
- Specified injury benefits can pay out several months of cover in advance, even if you're able to return to work
- Fully underwritten policies
- No waiting period options under 30 days
- Limited options for customising cover.
Looking to apply for NobleOak Income Protection?
If you are interested in taking out Income Protection insurance with NobleOak, you can make a secure enquiry by following the link in the green button below.