Get a $100 bonus gift after 4 months
With Insuranceline income protection, you can choose a benefit of up to 75% of your regular income when you make a claim, which can be up to $10,000 per month for up to 5 years. Let's take a closer look.
2023 Finder Awards
Highly commended: Best Income Protection Insurance
Insuranceline Income Protection
Insuranceline's income protection policy scored highly as it offers a quality all-around policy. It lets you choose between 4 waiting periods. It also offers 4 benefit period options – meaning customers can enjoy flexibility with their cover and shape a policy based on their needs.
Current offers from Insuranceline Income Protection
Get a quote for Insuranceline Income Protection
Insuranceline Income Protection: Our verdict
- Insuranceline income protection has waiting periods starting from 14 days. That's better than the likes of NobleOak, Medibank and RAC — all make you wait a minimum of 30 days.
- The policy expiry age of 65 is between 10 and 11 years more than 5 other brands we looked at.
- The maximum cover level of $10,000 is probably fine for the average Aussie but if you earn more, TAL ($12,000), Qantas ($12,000) and NobleOak ($30,000) all have higher limits.
Read a more detailed review on:
Insuranceline Income Protection
Key points of Insuranceline Income Protection
Insuranceline Income Protection gives you plenty of time and financial support to get back on your feet, with the following features:
- Up to 75% of your regular income benefit: Your income protection benefit from Insuranceline is paid to you as a monthly income, which is a percentage of your regular income. You can use the income benefit any way you choose, whether it be for medical bills, mortgage repayments, utility bills or every day expenses like groceries.
- Choose your waiting period and benefit period: Insuranceline's Income Protection offers generous benefit periods of up to 5 years (for sickness and injury cover) giving you plenty of time to get back on your feet. Plus, with the Insuranceline Income Protection you can choose a waiting period of as little as 14 days (on sickness and injury cover).
- Tax deductible premiums: Not only are the Insuranceline premiums affordable to begin with, they are generally tax deductible at the end of the financial year. This means your income protection insurance can help contribute to your refund at tax-time.
- Recovery support benefit. During your initial recovery, you might be confined to your bed and unable to leave your home without help. During the first 2 months of your claim payout period, you can get reimbursed for childcare, professional nursing, professional home cleaning services, meal delivery services, laundry services and more.
- Life insurance premium waiver. If you hold an Insuranceline Life Insurance and Insuranceline Income Protection Policy, the premiums for your life insurance policy will be refunded with your income protection benefit payments for up to 3 months while you're receiving Insuranceline Income Protection benefits.
- Family discount. If you add another adult to your policy, you'll receive a joint policy discount.
Note: It's a good idea to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full terms and conditions in regards to benefits and exclusions.
Key points of Optional covers
- Sickness and Injury Cover. Pays a benefit if you become ill or injured and unable to work. This means you are covered for many common injuries and illnesses, such as broken bones and fractures. It'll insure up to 75% of your income, with a maximum payout of $10,000 per month. Choose a benefit payout period of 6 months, 1, 2 or 5 years. Proof of income is required and the policy's expiry age is 65.
- Mental health related conditions. Cover commences 6 months after the cover commencement date, including after any increases in cover.
- Accident benefit option. If you select this optional extra with an existing waiting period of 14 or 28 days, your claim will be paid on the date of your accident/injury occurring, including a waived waiting period.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Applying for cover
Key points of applying for cover
- Insuranceline's Income Protection Cover is available to Australian residents between 18 and 60 years of age.
- You must be in paid employment at the time of application, as unemployment and redundancy are not covered.
- You can take out cover over the phone or send a request for more information through the Insuranceline website.
- You can phone between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, or visit Insuranceline.com.au to find out more.
- Receive 12 months of cover for the price of 11, by opting to pay your premiums annually.
- A 30-day cooling-off period applies to Income Protection. If you cancel your policy during this time, you'll receive a full refund of any premiums you have paid.
Still working out if Insuranceline is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons wrapped up:
- Enjoy a flexible choice of waiting periods and benefit periods
- Cover 75% of your monthly income (on par with most policies)
- Attractive sign up offers and you could unlock further benefit if you hold life cover with Insuranceline.
- No redundancy cover
- Doesn't cover people aged 61 and over
- Higher benefit limits could be sourced by comparing your options.
Based on the Insuranceline Income Protection policy. Information last checked on October 2023. Always consult the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Why you can trust Finder's income protection experts
You pay the same as buying directly from the insurer. We make money from referral fees when you choose a policy, but you don't pay any extra.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. Our opinions are our own and all guides must meet our editorial standards.
Since 2016, we've helped thousands of Australians find income protection by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly.
We're here to help
Your questions about Insuranceline Income Protection Insurance, answered
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.