AIA Income Protection Review
AIA income protection is good at offering different options to suit varying budgets, but it can only be purchased through super or a financial advisor.
to Age 70
Maximum Benefit Period
AIA income protection insurance: Our verdict
- AIA is good at offering a few different income insurance options. You can get cover through super or an advisor — you can even get accident only cover and income protection core, a more affordable option that pays you a monthly benefit if you become disabled.
- At 95.8%, income protection purchased through a superannuation fund has a higher than average claims acceptance rate — the average is 95.1%.
- Policies purchased through a financial advisor have a 91% claims acceptance rate, the second-lowest of 11 brands tracked on MoneySmart, the Australian government's consumer site.
Get income protection with AIA through an adviser
Read a more detailed review on:
Income protection insurance
Key points of AIA income protection insurance
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Optional add ons
Key optional add-ons of AIA income protection:
When you take out an AIA income protection policy, you also have the option to add on the following:
Applying for AIA cover:
- For most occupations, you'll need to be between 15 and 59 years old to be eligible for cover.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen.
- Be a Commonwealth Bank customer who is registered with NetBank.
- Be employed and work a minimum of 20 hours per week (excludes heavy manual occupations).
- You'll also need to meet the health/lifestyle requirements from the underwriter during the application process to start receiving cover.
AIA income protection insurance pros and cons
Still wondering if AIA is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- Policies through super have a high claims acceptance rate
- It gives you access to AIA vitality.
- It's good if you want to go through an advisor
- It's not good if you don't want to go through an advisor.
- Policies bought through an advisor have a lower than average claims acceptance rate.
How do I make an AIA income protection insurance claim?
If you need to make a claim on your AIA income protection insurance policy, you can call them on 1800 333 613 between 8am and 6pm (AEST) Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can contact your financial adviser directly.
What are some of the key benefits of AIA income protection insurance?
Compare more income protection policies below
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.