Receive up to $50,000 in funeral cover with the ClearView Direct Funeral Insurance policy
Death is something that will come to us all at some point or another, and while it can seem morbid to dwell on your own demise it is important to think of some aspects of your death. When you die, it is your family that is left to pick up the pieces and this includes having to fund and arrange your funeral.
With ClearView Funeral Insurance, you can make sure that the cost of your funeral is covered as well as ensuring that your loved ones have the money necessary to deal with some of your other financial affairs. Under this policy, a lump sum is paid out on the event of your death or diagnosis of a terminal illness. This means that your family will be able to pay your funeral costs and may be able to deal with paying off some of your smaller debts.
It is important to remember that the cost of funerals is rising, and even the most basic funeral can run into several thousand dollars. In the current financial climate, your loved ones may struggle to find the sort of money they need to pay for your funeral costs, which can lead to increased stress for your family and could even result in feuds arising amongst family members.
By sorting out your own funeral costs before you die, you can ease the strain on your family and avoid feuding amongst family members over covering the cost of your send off. The ClearView Funeral Insurance plan makes it simple and straightforward to sort out the cost of your funeral yourself rather than leaving it to your grieving loved ones to sort out.
Some key reasons to consider ClearView Funeral Insurance include:
- Peace of mind: If you take out this funeral insurance while you are alive, you can benefit from the peace of mind that your funeral costs are already covered. This eliminates the need to worry about who will cover these costs and how they will pay for it.
- Easing the strain for your family: When you take out ClearView Funeral Insurance, you will ease the strain for your loved ones following your death. Your family will already have enough to cope with in terms of grieving your loss without the added stress of trying to find money to pay for your funeral.
- Financial assistance for your loved ones: If your family members are not particularly wealthy, there is a good chance that they will struggle financially to find the money for your funeral. With a ClearView funeral plan, you can ensure that your family is not left out of pocket as a result of wanting to give you a good send off.
The ClearView Funeral Insurance plan offers a range of features and benefits. Some of these include:
- Choice of plans: You can select from a choice of ClearView Funeral Insurance plans, so you can find one that suits your needs and budget. Cover ranges from $5000 to $50,000, with premiums based on the level of coverage you opt for.
- Guaranteed acceptance: If you are an Australian resident aged between 18 and 75, you will be accepted for this coverage no matter what the state of your health. This means that you won't have to worry about being turned down for funeral cover.
- Discounted premiums: Once your ClearView Funeral Insurance policy has been running for ten years, you will qualify for a 10 percent discount on premiums, which can help to bring the cost of your coverage down.
- Level premiums: For the first three years of your plan, you will be able to benefit from level premiums. This means that budgeting becomes easier and more manageable, as you will not have to worry about fluctuations in the amount you pay for the first few years.
- Enhanced death benefit: If your death is caused by a motor vehicle accident, the benefit that is paid out to your loved ones will be doubled as part of this policy.
- Premium waiver: With the ClearView Funeral Insurance, your premiums are waived once you reach the age of 90. So, if you live to a ripe old age, you won't have to worry about finding money to pay for your coverage after your 90th birthday.
With this range of valuable features, many people will find that it makes sense to take out a ClearView Funeral Insurance plan.
What won’t the ClearView Funeral Insurance Policy Cover?
- Under a ClearView Funeral Insurance policy, during the first 24 months of your policy you will only receive cover if you die as the result of an accident. This is referred to as the Accidental Death-Only Period.
- If you die due to any other cause during this 24-month period, no benefit is payable. However, ClearView will ensure that any premiums you have paid on your Funeral Insurance policy are refunded to your estate.
- Once the Accidental Death-Only Period ends, a lump sum benefit will be paid if you die from any cause or become terminally ill.
Who is eligible for the ClearView Funeral Insurance Policy?
In order to apply for ClearView Funeral Insurance you will need to be:
- Aged between 18 and 75 years (inclusive)
- A permanent Australian resident
If you meet these criteria you are eligible to apply for up to $50,000 of cover, although the minimum level of cover available varies depending on your age. Applicants aged between 18 and 54 must take out at least $10,000 of cover, while applicants aged 55 to 75 years must take out at least $5,000 of cover.
ClearView guarantees to accept your Funeral Insurance cover application no matter the state of your health, with no medical tests or health questions involved in the application process.
Premiums will be waived following the policy anniversary after your 90th birthday.