ClearView Income Protection
ClearView income protection is good if you want an affordable insurer with flexible cover options and add-ons.
Maximum Entry Age
5 Years Or Age 65
Maximum Benefit Period
ClearView income protection: Our verdict
- It's recently launched a new income protection range with two options: IP and IP Flexi.
- It's one of the most affordable options on the market, according to our research prices.
- It offers nine built-in benefits, four optional extras and a TPD lump sum option for no additional cost.
- You can select a Booster option, which increases the benefit amount by an additional 20% for the first six months of a claim, but you need to pay extra for it.
Read a more detailed review on:
Key points of ClearView income protection options
- IP: ClearView's standard level of insurance pays up to 60% of pre-disability income to age 65.
- IP Flex: ClearView's highest level of insurance pays up to 70% of pre-disability income for the first two years of a claim.
Key points of ClearView income protection optional cover
These are some of the add on options with a ClearView income insurance policy:
- Extended Income Support Option. You can extend your disability income to age 60 by if you need a higher level of ongoing cover.
- Booster option. This increases the benefit amount by an additional 20% for the first six months of a claim.
Note: Make sure you check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
Applying for cover
Applying for ClearView cover
- You need to be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be gainfully employed for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
ClearView income protection pros and cons
Still wondering if ClearView is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- It comes with more than one income protection option.
- It's affordable.
- Its add ons may be helpful if you're older or are a high earner.
- You need to pay extra for some of the benefits.
- It might be possible to get a higher life insurance benefit elsewhere.
How do I make a ClearView income protection claim?
If you need to make a claim on your ClearView income protection insurance policy:
- You call them on 132 979 (opening hours 8am - 7pm, Mon-Fri, AEST).
- They'll discuss your claim with you, including the benefits that you may be entitled to.
- They'll gather the paperwork.
- Once they have all the information they need, they will make the payment.
ClearView Income Protection is subject to conditions and exclusions, as is any form of personal insurance. Circumstances in which a benefit will not be paid include if your death or disability is;
- Self-inflicted or the result of suicide or attempted suicide
- The result of an act of war (whether declared or not)
- Due to normal or uncomplicated pregnancy or childbirth, elective surgery or treatment you voluntarily undergo
- Related to pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage complications (in which case a three month qualifying period applies).
Read the PDS for more information on the general exclusions that apply to your policy.