People Energy: Electricity plans for Victorians
Thinking of switching to People Energy? Find out what the Victorian electricity provider has to offer.
Is People right for me?
- What does People Energy offer? Electricity in Victoria.
- Product highlights: No lock-in contracts, no early termination fees and offers several payment options.
- Watch out for: There is no solar panel installation or GreenPower plans. Its website doesn't have a lot of information about what's offered, so carefully read any contract before signing up.
People Energy electricity
People Energy is a small energy retailer in Victoria. The company previously offered electricity services in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia, and may still have existing customers in these states. However, the company now only accepts new residential and business customers in Victoria.
Residential customers can take advantage of a price matching offer if they receive a more competitive comparable offer from another provider. If People can't match or beat the offer, any termination fees will be waived. However, the provider also states that residential plans have no lock-in contracts and no early termination fees, so you are free to switch providers even without the price matching offer.
Both residential and business customers can choose from paper or electronic billing options.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
While it doesn't offer solar-specific plans, the retailer does give solar rebates to customers who already have solar panel systems installed. Your solar rebates will depend on your location and your tariff type.
If you are a new solar customer, you'll have to arrange solar panel installation before you can receive a rebate through People Energy.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, People Energy isn't GreenPower accredited.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your bills using the following methods:
Why consider People Energy?
- No lock-in contracts. Electricity plans don't have lock-in contracts so you can switch energy providers at any time.
- Pay-on-time discount. Customers on certain plans can earn discounts by paying their bills on time.
- No early termination fees. If you choose to switch electricity providers, you won't have to pay a fee to end your contract.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill online, over the phone, using BPAY, by setting up a direct debit or mailing a cheque.
- Electronic billing. Business and residential customers can choose to receive either paper or electronic bills.
How do I contact People Energy for support?
|Customer care||1300 788 970|
|Business enquiries||1300 780 025|
|Interpreter service||131 450|
|Fax||03 8692 5002|
Read more on this topic
Energy customer service rating Each brand is given a total score based on a wide variety of customer service criteria.
Smart Meters: You may already have one installed in your home Smart meters provide a more detailed breakdown of your electricity usage. Here's how they work.
What is a controlled load? Controlled load tariffs make energy-hungry appliances with limited operating periods cheaper to run.
How much does it cost to run your heater in winter (2020)? Heating is a huge energy cost in winter. Compare heating methods to see what your best options are.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia? Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
How much does a swimming pool cost to run? Have a pool or planning to get one? Find out what parts are costing you the most money and how you can save with a few simple changes.
New protections may help Australians concerned with rising energy bills Australians are feeling the bill crunch more than ever, but will a decrease in wholesale power prices help?
What is the average (kWh) cost of electricity in Australia? The amount you pay per unit of power depends on many factors. Find out how much you should be paying and how you can save.
The 5 most expensive appliances to run in your home Using energy-efficient appliances could save you hundreds each year. These five appliances are costing you the most.
AGL vs Energy Australia AGL or Energy Australia: Who offers better rates in your state?
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.