Compare plans from energy suppliers in Australia.
People Energy: Electricity plans for Victorians
Thinking of switching to People Energy? Find out what the Victorian electricity provider has to offer.
Is People right for me?
- What does People Energy offer? Electricity in Victoria.
- Product highlights: No lock-in contracts, no early termination fees and offers several payment options.
- Watch out for: There is no solar panel installation or GreenPower plans. Its website doesn't have a lot of information about what's offered, so carefully read any contract before signing up.
People Energy electricity
People Energy is a small energy retailer in Victoria. The company previously offered electricity services in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia, and may still have existing customers in these states. However, the company now only accepts new residential and business customers in Victoria.
Residential customers can take advantage of a price matching offer if they receive a more competitive comparable offer from another provider. If People can't match or beat the offer, any termination fees will be waived. However, the provider also states that residential plans have no lock-in contracts and no early termination fees, so you are free to switch providers even without the price matching offer.
Both residential and business customers can choose from paper or electronic billing options.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
While it doesn't offer solar-specific plans, the retailer does give solar rebates to customers who already have solar panel systems installed. Your solar rebates will depend on your location and your tariff type.
If you are a new solar customer, you'll have to arrange solar panel installation before you can receive a rebate through People Energy.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, People Energy isn't GreenPower accredited.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your bills using the following methods:
Why consider People Energy?
- No lock-in contracts. Electricity plans don't have lock-in contracts so you can switch energy providers at any time.
- Pay-on-time discount. Customers on certain plans can earn discounts by paying their bills on time.
- No early termination fees. If you choose to switch electricity providers, you won't have to pay a fee to end your contract.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill online, over the phone, using BPAY, by setting up a direct debit or mailing a cheque.
- Electronic billing. Business and residential customers can choose to receive either paper or electronic bills.
How do I contact People Energy for support?
|Customer care||1300 788 970|
|Business enquiries||1300 780 025|
|Interpreter service||131 450|
|Fax||03 8692 5002|