Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
People Energy: Electricity plans for Victorians
Thinking of switching to People Energy? Find out what the Victorian electricity provider has to offer.
Is People right for me?
- What does People Energy offer? Electricity in Victoria.
- Product highlights: No lock-in contracts, no early termination fees and offers several payment options.
- Watch out for: There is no solar panel installation or GreenPower plans. Its website doesn't have a lot of information about what's offered, so carefully read any contract before signing up.
People Energy electricity
People Energy is a small energy retailer in Victoria. The company previously offered electricity services in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia, and may still have existing customers in these states. However, the company now only accepts new residential and business customers in Victoria.
Residential customers can take advantage of a price matching offer if they receive a more competitive comparable offer from another provider. If People can't match or beat the offer, any termination fees will be waived. However, the provider also states that residential plans have no lock-in contracts and no early termination fees, so you are free to switch providers even without the price matching offer.
Both residential and business customers can choose from paper or electronic billing options.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
While it doesn't offer solar-specific plans, the retailer does give solar rebates to customers who already have solar panel systems installed. Your solar rebates will depend on your location and your tariff type.
If you are a new solar customer, you'll have to arrange solar panel installation before you can receive a rebate through People Energy.
Can I get GreenPower?
No, People Energy isn't GreenPower accredited.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your bills using the following methods:
Why consider People Energy?
- No lock-in contracts. Electricity plans don't have lock-in contracts so you can switch energy providers at any time.
- Pay-on-time discount. Customers on certain plans can earn discounts by paying their bills on time.
- No early termination fees. If you choose to switch electricity providers, you won't have to pay a fee to end your contract.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill online, over the phone, using BPAY, by setting up a direct debit or mailing a cheque.
- Electronic billing. Business and residential customers can choose to receive either paper or electronic bills.
How do I contact People Energy for support?
|Customer care||1300 788 970|
|Business enquiries||1300 780 025|
|Interpreter service||131 450|
|Fax||03 8692 5002|
Read more on this topic
Is buy now pay later a good option for solar? Buy now, pay later seems like a great way to get an expensive solar system now and pay it off when you're reaping the benefits, but there is a catch.
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
OVO Energy Review OVO is one of the biggest electricity retailers in the UK. Find out what they have to offer in Australia.
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.