Receive up to $1,000,000 in Life Cover with ClearView Direct
ClearView Direct Life Insurance can ensure your family is able to meet their day-to-day and ongoing expenses in the event of your death or terminal illness by providing a lump sum payment of yup to $1,000,000. The policy comes with a wide range of additional benefits including a 20% advanced payment in the event you pass away as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
This review will outline the key benefits and features of the policy and who is eligible to apply for cover.
Features of ClearView Life Cover
Life insurance will pay a benefit to your family if you die as the result of illness, injury or accident, or if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, to allow them to manage financially when you’re not able to provide for them. With ClearView, your life cover will include:
- A lump sum payout. Having the benefit of a life cover policy paid as a lump sum means your family can use the money from your insurance in any way they need to after your death. This could mean paying off the mortgage, covering final expenses, or saving or investing the money for the future. Plus, if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness your life cover benefit will also be paid, to help you maintain a standard of living, cover medical bills or to help you settle your estate.
- Advance benefit. ClearView insurance will make an advance payment of $15,000 from your benefit to help your family cover the immediate costs of the funeral and other final expenses, while the rest of your claim and payment is being processed.
- A 20% bonus payment. If your death is the result of a motor vehicle accident, your family will receive a 20% bonus on top of your benefit payout amount, up to $50,000.
- Flexible life insurance amount. If you are an Australian resident between 16 and 64 years old you can apply for life cover with ClearView. If you are 16 to 55 years old you can apply for between $50,000 and $1 million of cover and if you are 56 to 64 years old you can apply for up to $500,000 of cover. You can choose a cover amount which suits your needs and budget, in increments of $50,000 where you are eligible for discounts on your premiums when you choose a higher level of cover. For example if you choose a benefit amount of $250,000 to $499,999 you will receive a 10% discount on your premiums, cover of $500,000 to $999,999 will receive a 15% discount and cover of $1 million or more will make you eligible for a discount of 17.5% on your premiums.
- Cover around the world. No matter where you are in the world, you are protected with 24 hour worldwide coverage in case of death or if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Guaranteed renewable cover. Once your ClearView life cover policy is approved, your policy is guaranteed to be renewed each year, as long as you keep your premiums paid on time.
- Automatic benefit increases for inflation protection. When you apply for life insurance you will choose a benefit amount which is relative to your circumstances and costs at the time. However, inflation is that ever-present phenomenon which can eat away at the value of your life insurance benefit as costs rise over the term of your policy. Therefore, ClearView will automatically increase your benefit amount each year to keep it in line with inflation and the current costs of living, at a minimum rate of 5% each year. Your benefit will increase each year until you are 65 years old, or you can opt out of automatic increases at any time.
- Flexible and affordable premiums. You can choose to pay your life insurance premiums with ClearView annually and get them all out of the way, but if your budget doesn’t permit this lump sum payment, then you can pay your premiums monthly without any surcharge. Your premiums will also stay the same for the first three years of your policy to help you manage your budget.
- Nominated beneficiaries. When you hold a life insurance policy with ClearView you can nominate up to two beneficiaries who will receive the payout from a successful claim in the event of your death. You can choose and change your beneficiaries at the time you apply, or at any time during the term of your policy, before a claim is made. The cost of your life insurance premiums with ClearView are calculated based on your age, gender, smoking status and the level of cover you have chosen. You can then complete the application form via the website or over the phone to apply.
What isn't covered?
No ClearView Direct Life Insurance claim will be paid if death is caused by or related to:
- Your suicide or any other deliberate act within 13 months of cover commencing, cover being reinstated or cover being increased
- War, an act of war or civil unrest
- You engaging in unlawful activity
- Any medical condition or illness that occurred before the cover commencement date (unless you told the insurer about the medical condition when you applied for cover)
Who is eligible to take out a policy?
ClearView Direct Life Insurance is available to permanent Australian residents aged 18 to 64. The amount of cover you can apply for varies according to your age:
- Applicants aged 18 to 54 can apply for any sum insured between $50,000 and $1 million.
- The maximum sum insured for people aged 55 to 64 is $500,000.
- Cover is guaranteed renewable until the policy anniversary following your 99th birthday.