Get comprehensive cover for the unforeseen with Accidental TPD cover from Clearview
When an accident happens there are usually a lot of pieces to pick up and put back together, whether you’ve dropped your coffee mug on the way to the breakfast table or you’ve taken a tumble playing footy on the weekend. Of course some of these accidents will take more to put back together than others, but for the most part you recover quickly, and clean up easily.
However, there are those times when an accidental tumble, slip or crash can result in more serious and lasting damage, and if you become permanently disabled due to an accident, you’re going to need a lot of financial, emotional and medical support to put the pieces back together. This is where Accidental Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Cover from ClearView can help in providing that financial support, which can the facilitate all of the other types of support you will need to get your life back into recognisable order.
What does the policy cover?
If you are totally and permanently disabled by an accident, ClearView can pay you a lump sum benefit amount that you can use for any purpose you need. This means that while you are adjusting to your new lifestyle, and recovering your health, you don’t have to worry about your finances because you can use your lump sum cash payment to pay off your mortgage, cover your day to day living expenses, fund your medical treatment, or to make modifications to your home to accommodate your new disability.
While no one want to ever suffer a total and permanent disability, if you are involved in an accident which leaves you disabled, you do know that you won’t have to give up everything you enjoy about your life, and you will be able to go on providing for your family.
The Key Features of ClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Cover include:
- Your choice of cover amount: Whether you want to be able to pay off the mortgage, make investments for the future or just ease the everyday financial costs which would continue after your disability, you can choose a cover amount to suit your family’s needs and budget. The minimum cover amount is $50,000 and you can then be insured for up to $2 million if applying under the Home Duties TPD definition, up to $3 million if applying under the Non-Working TPD definition and up to $5 million of cover under the Own or Any Occupation TPD definition.
- Specific Loss Benefit: If you suffer a loss of one limb or partial blindness as a result of an accident, ClearView will provide a benefit payout of 25% of your Accidental TPD Cover benefit amount, to maximum of $500,000.
- Death Benefit: is only available through stand alone Accidental TPD Cover, in which a benefit of $10,000 is payable in the event of your death within 90 days of the accident.
- Indexation Benefit: To keep up with inflation, your cover will be automatically increase each year in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) with minimum of 5% p.a..
- Accommodation Benefit: When an immediate family member is required to travel to provide care for you, while you are confined to a bed as advised by a medical practitioner, the Accommodation Benefit will reimburse the accommodation costs incurred for up to $250 per day for a 30 day period.
- Financial Advice Benefit: Upon receiving your benefit payment, ClearView will reimburse the cost incurred from obtaining financial advice from an approved financial adviser of up to $2,000.
- Suspending Cover Benefit: If you are experiencing financial hardship or unemployed, you can opt to suspend your cover and premiums for 12 months.
- Disability Premium Waiver Option: is available at an additional cost and you can benefit from having your premiums waived when you are receiving total disability benefit as a result of an accident, within 90 days of the accident.
- No medicals: To apply for Accidental TPD Cover you don’t have to undergo a medical or blood test in the way you do when applying for many life insurance products. Therefore, Accidental TPD Cover can be valuable if you have health conditions that preclude you for taking out life insurance, or make the cover very expensive.
- Comprehensive TPD Cover: You can also choose to add Accidental Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Cover to full TPD Cover you may already have with ClearView, or to yourClearView LifeSolutions Accidental Death Cover, for a wider range of cover. Just keep in mind that as you are bundling your products, Accidental TPD Cover is not available inside ClearView LifeSolutions Super.
Who can apply?
You can apply for ClearView Accidental TPD Cover if you are 18 to 60 years old if you are applying for Own Occupation, Any Occupation or Home Duties TPD Cover definition, and up to 70 years old if you are applying for Non-Working TPD Cover.