We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Berkley Insurance Australia is a part of the W. R. Berkley group, headed by W. R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 company that operates in countries across the world. They provide a number of business insurance options including general liability insurance, professional liability insurance and more.
What types of business insurance does Berkley offer?
Public and Products Liability Insurance
This can protect your business from paying compensation to a third party if you're sued for personal accidents, injury or property damage that result from any business activity. Cover includes:
- Slips & falls on your premises
- Damage to a third party's property
- Injury caused by you or one of your employee's negligence
- Faulty or defective products
- Workers' compensation recovery claims for labour-hire employees/contractors
- Defending legal fees
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance can protect your business against a claim made by a client alleging they've suffered a financial loss as a result of your negligence or a breach of professional duty from services your business provides. Cover can include:
- Design & Construct Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Association Liability Insurance
- IT liability Insurance
Management Liability Insurance
Management Liability Insurance can protect directors and companies against a Wrongful Act and is suitable for a wide range of companies, from small and medium-sized businesses to large public companies. It can provide Sole Traders Management Liability and Directors & Officers Liability which can protect you for a wrongful or fraudulent act where you are held personally liable, including covering your personal assets from financial loss.
Need to make a claim on your Berkley policy? Follow these steps
The steps involved in making a claim with Berkley Insurance Australia are as follows:
- Take all reasonable precautions at the scene to prevent further loss, damage or liability
- Do not admit liability
- Advise police if property has been stolen, maliciously damaged or lost and obtain a copy of the police report as soon as possible
- Record all details of third parties involved, including their insurer details if possible
- Take photographs of the area and of the damage
- Call your Berkley Insurance Broker as soon as possible to begin submitting your claim.
With a range of insurance products tailored specifically to the needs of the business community, Berkley Insurance Australia has established themselves as a major player in the corporate insurance arena. And their focus on streamlining the claims process will no doubt continue to give them a competitive advantage in this highly competitive industry.
More guides on Finder
Travel insurance that covers COVID
Here's how travel insurers are responding to the pandemic.
How to find the right car insurance [PAID]
Tips to save money on your car insurance.
Finder LPE Electricity Switching Service Promotion (“Promotion”)
Finder is giving away a $100 Woolworths gift card to each LPE customer that switches their retail or business electricity plan through the Finder Energy Switching Service.
Travel insurance for over 70s
Over 70 and need travel insurance? Compare your options to get affordable cover for what matters.
Finder App Customer Research Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern your participation in the Finder App Customer Research.
Ask an Expert