AAMI Business Insurance
Find out why 60,000 businesses have chosen AAMI Business Insurance. Compare policies and apply securely.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Every business needs insurance to protect it from the range of exposures it faces every day. And because most small businesses operate on a shoestring budget, it’s important to find business insurance that’s affordable as well as effective. AAMI is a specialist insurance brand offering direct insurance solutions to Australian small business and offers cover that can be tailored to exactly suit the needs of any enterprise.
What types of options does AAMI offer?
AAMI offers the following business insurance packages:
- Public liability. This covers you for legal liability in case someone sues your business and you're found negligent.
- Small business. This includes public liability cover and provides customised coverage that includes protection against theft, lost income due to reduced trading, valuable items and equipment and more.
- Business@Home. This is tailored to anyone who runs a business at home and can include home and contents cover, valuables cover, public and products liability cover, commercial and private motor cover and more.
- Market stall. If you sell at a market stall, this can cover you for public and products liability for either 3, 6 or 12 months.
- Commercial property. This can cover you for your business contents, fixtures and fittings against theft, loss or damage. Public and products liability is also included.
- Commercial motor. This can protect your ute, van, car and more for business purposes, including legal liability, fire and theft.
Whether you are looking for financial protection if your business is damaged in a fire, protection from claims for faulty products or protection for your investment property, AAMI offers a range of insurance solutions to meet the needs of a broad variety of businesses.
Get a quote for AAMI Business Insurance
What are the benefits of taking out cover from AAMI?
The wide variety of covers offered through AAMI Business Insurance provide protection for every aspect of a small business and include:
- Legal liability. Public liability insurance of $5 million, $10 million, $15 million or $20 million, covering third party injury or property damage caused by your business.
- Portable and valuable items. Covers items such as laptops, tablets, smart phones or any portable items that you use in the course of doing business anywhere in the world.
- Money. Covers loss or damage of your cash due to theft, fire or armed holdup, either while in transit or at your premises.
- Commercial motor. Offers a choice of comprehensive cover for your company vehicles or legal liability cover for third party injury and property damage only.
- Tax probe. Covers costs associated with an audit of your business by the ATO or other government body.
- Fire and defined events. Covers property damage to your premises from insured events such as fire, lightning strike or explosion.
- Back in business. Covers a reduction in your business revenue resulting from damage to your property.
- Theft. Covers your contents and stock against theft, attempted theft or armed holdup.
- Glass and signs. Covers loss or damage to glass window frontages, signs and showcases on your premises.
- Machinery breakdown. Covers the breakdown of machinery, computers and electronic equipment on your premises.
- Deterioration of stock. Covers deterioration of perishable stock due to the breakdown of freezer or refrigeration equipment.
- Goods in transit. Covers loss or damage of stock while it is in transit.
- Employee dishonesty. Covers theft of your property or money by any of your employees.
- Products liability. Covers your liability for damage to property or injury to a third party, due to the products you sell at your market stall.
Not all of these cover options are applicable to all business but you have the freedom to customise your cover to suit your needs.
Can I get small business insurance with AAMI?
Small business insurance owners can get cover from AAMI.
What's offered for smaller operations?
As well as being able to customise your business insurance package, AAMI offers a range of benefits to small business customers, including:
- 24/7 telephone help from a real person
- A claims satisfaction rating of more than 80%
- Highly competitive pay-by-the-month premiums
- Immediate coverage available online.
What other types of insurance does AAMI provide?
As well as Business Insurance, AAMI provides insurance cover in a range of other areas as well. Some of these include:
- Car insurance – a choice of comprehensive cover, third party property only and compulsory third party injury cover.
- Caravan insurance – covers damage to your caravan and contents, towing and storage costs and your temporary accommodation costs.
- Home building and contents insurance – protects your home and contents from key events such as fire, theft, flood and storm damage.
- Life insurance – protects your family's financial future in the event of your terminal illness or death.
- Income protection insurance – provides an income in the event that you are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Accidental injury insurance – covers you for accidents anytime and anywhere, with lump sum payments of up to $100,000.
- International travel insurance – includes unlimited overseas medical expenses, lost or stolen baggage, delayed or cancelled journeys and legal liability.
How do I make a claim with AAMI?
If you ever have to make a claim on your business insurance, you'll find that AAMI’s claim process is as simple and straightforward as it gets. If claiming for loss, damage or personal injury, take the following steps:
- Take all reasonable steps to reduce the loss or damage and prevent further damage
- Call the police if you know or suspect theft, break-in or malicious property damage
- Call AAMI on 13 22 44
- Preserve any damaged property and make it available for inspection by AAMI or their agent
- Notify any other insurers you are required to and advise AAMI of their details.
If you have an upcoming tax audit or investigation of your financial affairs for which you plan to claim costs:
- Provide AAMI with the details in writing as soon as possible
- Obtain AAMI’s prior approval before retaining any professional, other than your accountant
- Keep AAMI informed of all developments as they occur
- Submit all accounts for professional fees to AAMI immediately after receiving them.
Still not convinced? Some final reasons to choose AAMI
There are numerous reasons why AAMI is an excellent choice for business insurance.
- They offer customised insurance to suit your particular business needs
- They provide 24/7 help and advice from a real person, not a machine
- They have a claims satisfaction rating of over 80%
- They offer competitive pay-by-the-month premiums and immediate online coverage.
AAMI Life Insurance: Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Enjoy 26% off the Lenovo Duet Chromebook, 69% off the Cabello Silk Smooth Styler and 21% off the Dell G7 17 Gaming Laptop.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
How to start an oven cleaning business
Learn the key points to know before launching an oven cleaning company.
Best vitamin C serums in Australia
We’ve found the 6 best vitamin C facial serums and masks available now in Australia.
Best men’s watches in Australia
These are the six best men's watches you can buy right now in Australia.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
How to start an asbestos removal business
Your comprehensive guide to starting an asbestos removal company.
How to start a gardening business
Here are all the things you need to know for a successful gardening business.
Ask an Expert