What you need to know
Club Marine Insurance has been helping Australian boaters look after their insurance needs for more than 50 years.
Club Marine is Australia’s largest provider of pleasure craft insurance, and it has extensive experience in providing the right cover for Australians who love indulging in outdoor leisure pursuits
If you are ready to speak with a consultant about different business insurance options available, simply enter your details in the form. Keep reading if you want to learn more about the different types of cover available.
Some of the reasons to consider Club Marine Boar Insurance include:
- Exclusive services and features. Signing up for an insurance policy with Club Marine entitles you to a wide range of exclusive services and membership features.
- Individual and business cover. Discover marine insurance solutions for individuals and cover tailored to meet the needs of a wide range of businesses.
- Emergency assistance designed for boat owners. Get access to Club Marine Assist, a service which is offered in partnership with Allianz Global Assistance and provides free roadside assistance.
A boat is often one of the most important and most expensive assets you own. This is true regardless of whether you own a small tinny or a glamorous 40-foot yacht, as you still need to protect your important investment against risks like:
- Third party damage and injuries
Like most other forms of insurance, boat insurance is one of those things you know you need to have in place but that you hope you never have to use. It’s all about peace of mind, about protecting your investment, and about the confidence of knowing you’ll be covered if disaster strikes.
If your boat is involved in running your business, it’s even more important to have insurance cover in place.
What would happen if your craft suffered extensive storm damage and was put out of action for several months?
Would you be able to continue running your business at full capacity?
How would you manage financially if you lost expensive cargo and didn't have insurance in place to cover it?
With these considerations in mind, boat insurance is essential for leisure boaters and business owners. Covering yourself against accidental loss, damage, fire, theft and a range of other risks will help look after your financial position in times of need.
Club Marine’s Pleasurecraft Insurance offers a range of attractive features and benefits to policyholders. Regardless of whether you’re looking to insure your runabout, cruiser, or even your massive yacht, Club Marine has insurance solutions to suit your personal needs.
Damage and Theft. Whatever your boating pursuits may be, insurance from Club Marine is designed to safeguard the lifestyle you love. Pleasurecraft Insurance offers cover for;
- Accidental loss
- Theft of your boat
- Legal Liability. You’ll also be protected in terms of your legal liability to other people. For example, if you’re responsible for causing property damage or bodily injury to a third party, your Club Marine policy will step in to cover the cost of any compensation or damages you are legally required to pay. There’s even up to $500,000 cover for the discharge and escape of fuel, lubricant and sewage from holding tanks on your boat.
- Agreed Value or Market Value. If your boat is less than 20 years old, you can choose between agreed and market value policies to provide the cover you need. Claims assistance is also provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help make the claims process as fast and stress-free as possible.
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance. As mentioned above, policyholders also get access to Club Marine Assist. Offered in conjunction with Allianz Global Assistance, Club Marine Assist gives you access to 24-hour emergency help and personal service both on and off the water. So whether you’re experiencing engine troubles on Sydney Harbour or a flat car battery before you can even tow your boat from home, you’ll be taken care of.
If that's not enough, Club Marine policyholders can also benefit from;
- A no-claims bonus of up to 25%
- 10% discount for multiple policies
- 5% discount applied when renewing online
- Free emergency and personal assistance
- Claims arising for incidents that have occurred outside of the policies Geographic limits unless due to reasons beyond the control of the person in charge or in control or if the boat was involved in an unforeseen emergency.
- Claims arising from involvement in races or time trials unless extra cover has been taken out for Social Yacht Racing
- Claims arising where the person in control;
- Is unlicensed
- Is without adequate expertise
- Is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Has boat or motor vehicle insurance within the last years
- Renowned Brand. The importance of having boat insurance in place cannot be understated, and there are many benefits to choosing Club Marine for your boat insurance. Club Marine is an experienced, trusted and respected name in the boat insurance market, and it has been looking after the boating insurance needs of Australians for more than 50 years. The company understands all the ins and outs of the marine insurance market and currently insures more than 130,000 boat owners across the country.
- Extensive Product Range. Club Marine offers an extensive suite of products to meet the insurance needs of a wide variety of boating enthusiasts. Whether you’re looking for warranty insurance, third party liability protection or a comprehensive plan that protects you against all manner of risks, Club Marine has a policy designed with you in mind. And there are policies to suit everyone from the owners of small tinnies used for weekend fishing expeditions, right through to the owners of large yachts designed for extensive cruising.
- Hassle-Free Claims Process. As well as the insurance protection offered, Club Marine offers a simple and hassle-free claims process which is designed to take as much stress out of the situation as possible. There’s also all the benefits of Club Marine Assist to take into account, offering emergency assistance regardless of whether you are on the water or on the road.
- Backed By Renowned Insurer. Finally, Club Marine’s policies are underwritten By Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This company is one of Australia’s top* insurers and has a trusted reputation for providing reliable insurance solutions. It’s also backed by significant global financial strength and knowledge.
Whether you’re a fisherman, yachtie, boat racer, water skier, cruiser or any other type of boat user, Club Marine has a boat insurance policy designed with you in mind. The company specialises in marine insurance and is well placed to offer the advice, assistance and insurance answers you need.