Club Marine Business Insurance
Does your business rely heavily on it's watercraft? Protect your boats and business with Club Marine Boat Insurance.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Club Marine Insurance has been helping Australian boaters look after their insurance needs for more than 50 years. The company is Australia’s biggest provider of pleasure craft insurance, and it has extensive experience in providing the right cover for Australians who love indulging in outdoor leisure pursuits.
Why should I consider Club Marine Boat Insurance?
Some of the reasons to consider Club Marine Boar Insurance include:
- Exclusive services and features. Signing up for an insurance policy with Club Marine entitles you to a wide range of exclusive services and membership features.
- Individual and business cover. Discover marine insurance solutions for individuals and cover tailored to meet the needs of a wide range of businesses.
- Emergency assistance designed for boat owners. Get access to Club Marine Assist, a service which is offered in partnership with Allianz Global Assistance and provides free roadside assistance.
Club Marine’s insurance policies are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, one of Australia’s largest insurers and a company with a trusted reputation both here and around the world.
A boat is often one of the most important and most expensive assets you own. This is true regardless of whether you own a small tinny or a glamorous 40-foot yacht, as you still need to protect your important investment against risks like:
- Third party damage and injuries
Like most other forms of insurance, boat insurance is one of those things you know you need to have in place but that you hope you never have to use. It’s all about peace of mind, about protecting your investment, and about the confidence of knowing you’ll be covered if disaster strikes.
- Who underwrites Club Marine Insurance?
- Why is boat insurance essential?
- Do I need insurance if I run a commercial boating business?
- What am I covered for with a Club Marine policy?
- What bonus benefits are offered?
- Can I get cover for small boats and jet-skis?
- How do I make a claim?
- What are the general exclusions?
- Why should I choose Club Marine?
If your boat is involved in running your business, it’s even more important to have insurance cover in place.
- What would happen if your craft suffered extensive storm damage and was put out of action for several months?
- Would you be able to continue running your business at full capacity?
- How would you manage financially if you lost expensive cargo and didn’t have insurance in place to cover it?
With these considerations in mind, boat insurance is essential for leisure boaters and business owners. Covering yourself against accidental loss, damage, fire, theft and a range of other risks will help look after your financial position in times of need.
Club Marine’s Pleasurecraft Insurance offers a range of attractive features and benefits to policyholders. Regardless of whether you’re looking to insure your runabout, cruiser, or even your massive yacht, Club Marine has insurance solutions to suit your personal needs.
Damage and Theft. Whatever your boating pursuits may be, insurance from Club Marine is designed to safeguard the lifestyle you love. Pleasurecraft Insurance offers cover for;
- Accidental loss
- Theft of your boat
- Legal Liability. You’ll also be protected in terms of your legal liability to other people. For example, if you’re responsible for causing property damage or bodily injury to a third party, your Club Marine policy will step in to cover the cost of any compensation or damages you are legally required to pay. There’s even up to $500,000 cover for the discharge and escape of fuel, lubricant and sewage from holding tanks on your boat.
- Agreed Value or Market Value. If your boat is less than 20 years old, you can choose between agreed and market value policies to provide the cover you need. Claims assistance is also provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help make the claims process as fast and stress-free as possible.
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance. As mentioned above, policyholders also get access to Club Marine Assist. Offered in conjunction with Allianz Global Assistance, Club Marine Assist gives you access to 24-hour emergency help and personal service both on and off the water. So whether you’re experiencing engine troubles on Sydney Harbour or a flat car battery before you can even tow your boat from home, you’ll be taken care of.
If that's not enough, Club Marine policyholders can also benefit from;
- A no-claims bonus of up to 25%
- 10% discount for multiple policies
- 5% discount applied when renewing online
- Free emergency and personal assistance
Yes you can. Club Marine's Pleasurecraft Insurance extends it's cover to jet-skis and personal watercraft. You are specifically covered for your personal watercraft with the following benefits.
- Cover for your personal watercraft up to a sum insured. This can cover you for damages to your small boats e.g. breaking the nose of a jet-ski.
- Lay up discounts. This provides you discounts during the seasons when your personal watercraft is not in use. You are still protected for storage risks including theft, fire and storm damage.
- Emergency towing. As roadside assistance services are unable to tow jet-skis, Club Marine can offer you assistance if you're car breaks down while towing your jet-ski.
- If you want to make a claim under your Club Marine policy, you’ll need to contact the Club Marine as soon as possible after your incident or accident by phoning 1300 00 CLUB (2582). If you need emergency assistance outside business hours, you can still phone this number or contact Club Marine Assist for help.
- You’ll have to fill out and sign a claim form to lodge your claim. When lodging your claim, you’ll also need to attach a written quotation for repairs and clear photographs of the damage in question.
- You may also need to provide other details, depending on the nature and details of your claim. For example, a copy of your boat licence, skippers ticket or PWC licence is also required if the vessel was in use at the time of the accident or incident. If any further evidence or information is required, your claims officer will advise you of what you need to do.
- It’s also a good idea to remember that you’ll be asked to provide your policy number when making a claim. With this in mind, keeping your Club Marine membership card with you at all times will help you gain access to the help you need as quickly as possible.
- If you’ve been involved in an accident with someone else, the police will obviously need to be informed if someone is hurt. If it occurred on the water, you will also have to inform the relevant maritime authority in your region. Remember to take note of important details to help speed up the processing of your claim, including:
- Date, time and location of the accident
- The name of the other boat’s skipper and owner
- The name and type of the other boat involved
- The name and address of anyone injured in the accident
- The name of the other boat’s insurance company
- Unless informed otherwise by your claims officer, all your claim information should be sent to Club Marine’s National Claims Office. You can email email@example.com, phone 1300 77 2582 or post to 40 The Esplanade, Brighton VIC 3186.
- Claims arising for incidents that have occurred outside of the policies Geographic limits unless due to reasons beyond the control of the person in charge or in control or if the boat was involved in an unforeseen emergency.
- Claims arising from involvement in races or time trials unless extra cover has been taken out for Social Yacht Racing
- Claims arising where the person in control;
- Is unlicensed
- Is without adequate expertise
- Is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Has boat or motor vehicle insurance within the last years
- Renowned Brand: The importance of having boat insurance in place cannot be understated, and there are many benefits to choosing Club Marine for your boat insurance. Club Marine is an experienced, trusted and respected name in the boat insurance market, and it has been looking after the boating insurance needs of Australians for more than 50 years. The company understands all the ins and outs of the marine insurance market and currently insures more than 130,000 boat owners across the country.
- Extensive Product Range: Club Marine offers an extensive suite of products to meet the insurance needs of a wide variety of boating enthusiasts. Whether you’re looking for warranty insurance, third party liability protection or a comprehensive plan that protects you against all manner of risks, Club Marine has a policy designed with you in mind. And there are policies to suit everyone from the owners of small tinnies used for weekend fishing expeditions, right through to the owners of large yachts designed for extensive cruising.
- Hassle-Free Claims Process: As well as the insurance protection offered, Club Marine offers a simple and hassle-free claims process which is designed to take as much stress out of the situation as possible. There’s also all the benefits of Club Marine Assist to take into account, offering emergency assistance regardless of whether you are on the water or on the road.
- Backed By Renowned Insurer: Finally, Club Marine’s policies are underwritten By Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This company is one of Australia’s top* insurers and has a trusted reputation for providing reliable insurance solutions. It’s also backed by significant global financial strength and knowledge.
Whether you’re a fisherman, yachtie, boat racer, water skier, cruiser or any other type of boat user, Club Marine has a boat insurance policy designed with you in mind. The company specialises in marine insurance and is well placed to offer the advice, assistance and insurance answers you need.
More guides on Finder
New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
When do flights resume? What are the quarantine rules? Can I get travel insurance? Expert answers to all your questions.
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Planning a holiday is a lot of fun, but what happens when something goes wrong and your plans are thrown into disarray? Cancellation travel insurance protects your holiday plans.
Income protection insurance brokers
The right insurance broker can assist you in finding the right policy by comparing the market based on your specific needs.
Life Insurance for Smokers
Ever wondered how much more life insurance for smokers costs in Australia? Learn about how smoking and vaping can impact your policy.
Should I tell my life insurance company that I smoke?
Find out how smoking will impact what you pay for life insurance, and what you can do to have your premium reviewed.
Holiday home insurance
What to know about insurance before renting out your home, and what to look for in Airbnb insurance.
Melbourne earthquake: Can I make a home insurance claim?
Melbourne and parts of Victoria have been struck by a large earthquake. Learn the key facts about making a claim on your home insurance.
Health insurance for kidney dialysis
Dialysis treatment for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is covered by Medicare and private health insurance, but which offers the best cover?
What to do after a car accident
Would you know what to do if you were involved in a car accident? This guide looks at the steps to take after an accident has occurred, from securing the scene to making a claim with your insurer.
Ask an Expert