Elders Business Insurance
Elders provides tailored business insurance to small and medium enterprises; is it right for you?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Elders Insurance specialise in providing a broad range of business insurance policies and packages suited to small and medium enterprises. When you purchase a policy, you'll be assigned your own local agent who will know you and your business. They have several policies to choose from, so we've broken down Elders business insurance options below.
What are Elders business insurance options?
Elders provide a number of business insurance options tailored to various needs. Their products include:
Financial protection for the building you own, the premises you lease or for your home business, Benefits include:
- Cover for employees' equipment
- Cover for employees' personal effects
- Fire extinguishment financial protection
- Government charges and fees
- Landscaping repairs and costs
Financial protection for your business if something goes wrong and a third party is affected. This can cover you for:
- Personal injury
- Property damage
- Defence claims
You can get cover for loss of income and the increased costs of working for the following:
- If you need to close due to an insured event
- For damage due to an insured event
- Cover for computer installation
- Rewriting of records
This can cover you for loss of stock and contents including repairing damage, replacing locks and more. Benefits can include:
- Repairing damage to business premises
- Repairing property
- Repairing/replacing fixtures & fittings
- Repairing/replacing locks and keys
- Cover for theft of your personal property
Business glass damage can cover glass replacement as well as damage to stock, the cost of temporary shuttering and more, including repairing:
- Shop front damage
- Sign damage
Business vehicle insurance is designed to financially cover the vehicle or vehicles you rely on to keep your business going. Benefits include:
- Providing you with your choice of repairer and a repair guarantee
- Covering you for towing costs
- Paying for the removal of debris from your vehicle
- Reimbursing you for emergency services charges
- Providing a hire vehicle if your is stolen
What other business cover options are available?
Elders also provide a number of other business insurance options to fit different sizes and needs. Some of these options include cover for:
- Machinery breakdown
- Electronic equipment
- General property
- Employee dishonesty
- Tax audit
- Statutory liability
- Employment practices
They also provide specialist business cover which allows you to tailor insurance to your specific needs. Some of their available benefit options include:
- Management liability
- Professional indemnity
- Corporate travel
- Workers compensation
- Special plant & equipment
- Voluntary workers
- Industrial specialist risk
- Contract works
- Cyber risks
- Builders warranty
- Personal accident, illness & injury
- Machinery & plant
- Marine & transit
- Commercial strata
What's excluded from Elders Business Insurance policies?
As with all types of insurance, not everything is covered by an Elders business insurance policy. For a full list of exclusions, read the product disclosure statement (PDS). Here's an overview of what is not covered:
- Any loss or damage as a result of war or terrorism
- Any loss or damage as a result of intentional damage
- Any loss or damage related to unoccupancy e.g. if you leave the property unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Any loss or damage related to electronic data e.g. the cost of rewriting records as a result of loss of electronic data
- Any loss, damage or liability related to alteration unless written consent is obtained, for example, if the insured building is changed in such a way as to increase the risk of damage or the likelihood of liability losses.
How to make a claim with Elders Business Insurance
When you sign up to a policy with Elders, you're assigned a local agent and you will be able to have them deal with everything. You'll be provided with a contact number so that you can get in touch with them directly. To make a claim, simply get in touch with your local agent. If you can't remember them or don't have their number anymore, you can get it from your renewal form or find them here. Alternatively, you can contact the Elders Insurance National Claims Line on 1300 554 184.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Enjoy 26% off the Lenovo Duet Chromebook, 69% off the Cabello Silk Smooth Styler and 21% off the Dell G7 17 Gaming Laptop.
Earnd is a pay on demand service that lets you access a portion of your paycheque before payday without paying any fees or interest.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
How to start a YouTube channel
Read the key points of starting a YouTube channel, including the equipment you'll need and the legal considerations to keep in mind.
Treadmill removal services
Here’s how you can ensure your treadmill is moved safely and at a convenient time.
How to start an event photography business
From practical steps to key legal documents, here's your checklist for launching an event photography company.
Best hiking tents in Australia
These are the seven best hiking tents you can buy right now in Australia.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.