Elders Business Insurance
Elders Insurance provides tailored business insurance to small and medium enterprises; is it right for you?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Elders Insurance specialise in providing a range of options and packages suited to small and medium enterprises. When you purchase a policy, you'll be assigned your own local agent who will know you and your business. They have several policies to choose from, so we've broken down Elders business insurance options below.
What are Elders Business Insurance options?
Their cover includes:
Financial protection to cover buildings, plants and stock that you own or are responsible for that may be damaged by accident. Benefits include:
- Cover for employees' equipment
- Cover for employees' personal effects
- Fire extinguishment financial protection
- Government charges and fees
- Landscaping repairs and costs
Financial protection for your business if something goes wrong and a third party is affected. Business liability insurance can help protect you and your business from:
- Personal injury
- Property damage
- Defence claims
You can get cover for loss of gross profit if business is interrupted. You'll be covered if your claim is successful and arising from an event in the property, theft, money and glass section of the product disclosure statement.
- For damage due to an insured event
- Cover for computer installation
- Rewriting of records
This can cover you for loss of stock and contents caused by thieves who break into your property. Benefits can include:
- Repairing damage to business premises
- Repairing property
- Repairing/replacing fixtures & fittings
- Repairing/replacing locks and keys
Business glass damage covers loss or damage to glass windows, doors and glass in cabinets and signs for accidental breakage. It can also cover:
- Shop front damage
- Sign damage
Business vehicle insurance give you the choice of: accidental damage cover; fire and theft cover; and damage to other people's property that you may cause. Benefits include:
- Providing you with your choice of repairer and a repair guarantee
- Covering you for towing costs
- Paying for the removal of debris from your vehicle
- Reimbursing you for emergency services charges
- Providing a hire vehicle if your is stolen
What other business cover options are available?
Elders Insurance also provide a number of other business insurance options to fit different sizes and needs. Some of these options include cover for:
- Machinery breakdown
- Electronic equipment
- General property
- Employee dishonesty
- Tax audit
- Statutory liability
- Employment practices
They also provide specialist business cover which allows you to tailor insurance to your specific needs. Some of their available benefit options include:
- Management liability
- Professional indemnity
- Corporate travel
- Workers compensation
- Special plant & equipment
- Voluntary workers
- Industrial specialist risk
- Contract works
- Builders warranty
- Personal accident, illness & injury
- Machinery & plant
- Marine & transit
- Commercial strata
What's excluded from Elders Business Insurance policies?
As with all types of insurance, not everything is covered by an Elders business insurance policy. For a full list of exclusions, read the product disclosure statement (PDS). Here's an overview of what is not covered:
- Any loss or damage as a result of war or terrorism
- Any loss or damage as a result of intentional damage
- Any loss or damage related to unoccupancy e.g. if you leave the property unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days
- Any loss or damage related to electronic data e.g. the cost of rewriting records as a result of loss of electronic data
- Any loss, damage or liability related to alteration unless written consent is obtained, for example, if the insured building is changed in such a way as to increase the risk of damage or the likelihood of liability losses.
How to make a claim on your Elders Business Insurance
When you sign up to a policy with Elders Insurance, you work with your local agent who lives in your community. You'll be provided with a contact number so that you can get in touch with them directly. To make a business insurance claim, simply get in touch with your local agent. If you can't remember them or don't have their number anymore, you can get it from your renewal form or find them here.
More guides on Finder
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let's see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find safe, secure and affordable boat storage near you.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
Does home insurance cover hearing aids?
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
How to compare gold storage options and find a secure solution that works for you.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.