AIG business insurance
Customise AIG business insurance so create cover that fits your needs.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
AIG business insurance provides cover for small and medium-sized business, so you can reduce your exposure to risk, and recover faster if something unexpected does happen. Customers have also got the ability to customise their insurance, to create a tailor-made policy.
AIG's insurance packages offer all the essentials, including cover for damage, business interruption, liability, theft, and more. It's designed for Aussie businesses which have up to $10 million in assets per location and, up to $20 million in turnover.
A complete risk management solution
While many insurance companies offer SMEs a one-size-fits-all solution, we make your confidence our number one priority, tailoring a solution that meets the needs of your business.
Exceptional claims handling
AIG business insurance - features and benefits
As a major insurer with a long history in the industry, AIG has a lot to offer prospective business customers and professionals.
- Financial strength. With over 90 million customers worldwide, AIG is a sound financial institution backed by industry accreditation.
- Local knowledge. With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, AIG’s Australian staff understand your particular business needs.
- Comprehensive coverage. Because AIG has one of the most extensive ranges of products and services to cater for your business insurance needs.
- Small business options. AIG has specific policies for small to medium businesses, such as their My Business My Choice package, which offers a complete insurance solution for SMEs.
AIG Business Insurance includes a product for various risks that a business might be exposed to. It can provide tailored cover for industries including aviation, construction, financial services, hospitality and tourism, manufacturing, retail and more. Some of the business products they offer include:
- Accident and Health. Cover includes group injury and sickness insurance to protect employees.
- Liability. This can cover you for the legal defence and compensation costs that can follow an accident or injury caused by your business.
- Product Recall. Cover for recall costs, replacement costs, business interruption and more.
- Environmental. Cover for pollution legal liability and environmental liabilities arising from new pollution conditions.
- Financial Lines. This includes a broad range of products including crime insurance, cyber insurance, kidnap and ransom insurance and more.
- Marine. Tailored marine insurance for importers and exporters with loss control engineering, recovery support and more.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Cover for litigation buyout, tax liability and more.
- Political Risk. cover for a wide range of overseas business activities including equity investments, cross-border loans and contracts for goods and services.
- Global Property. Cover against losses arising from damage to your company's physical assets, business interruption and more.
- SME Solutions. Packaged cover for Small and Medium sized (SME) businesses.
- Surety. Surety bonds for various businesses: bid bonds, performance bonds, maintenance bonds and commercial bonds.
- Multinational Insurance Solutions. A multinational programme with tailored Insurance solutions.
- Fronting and Captive Services. This is a customised solutions service for business with complex risks that are not sufficiently addressed by traditional insurance products.
- Trade Credit. Trade credit insurance products to protect your business from risks like non-payment.
AIG Insurance offers cover to meet the unique needs of small and medium Australian businesses.
AIG offers it's SME (Small to medium enterprise) solutions. This product is designed to reduce the chance of your business suffering a loss, and to help you recover as quickly as possible if something does go wrong. Rather than a one-size-fits-all solution, AIG can tailor a policy to protect against the specific risks faced by your business, and offer a professional and efficient claims handling service.
AIG Small Business Insurance is designed for Australian businesses with up to $10 million worth of assets per location and up to $20 million in turnover. It offers a wide range of coverage options including:
- Material damage
- Public and products liability
- Business interruption
- General property
- Equipment breakdown
- Marine transit
- Management liability
Who is AIG insurance?
AIG (American International Group) is an international insurance organisation, with one of the largest property-casualty networks in the world, serving clients in over 130 countries. This unique global perspective gives AIG the ability to anticipate emerging risks and to respond rapidly to protect their clients on a local scale.
Does AIG offer professional indemnity insurance?
Yes. AIG offers professional indemnity insurance (as part of it's financial lines product) designed to cover professionals and businesses in instances of negligence or professional misconduct. Policies can be tailored to suit professionals across a range of industries and businesses small or large. This includes jobs such as:
- sole traders
- travel agents
AIG's professional indemnity insurance covers professionals for:
- instances of defamation, fraud or dishonesty
- wrongful errors, acts or omissions
- lost documents
- professional misconduct
- Domestic Travellers
- International Travellers
- Frequent Travellers
- Travellers Aged Over 70
- Yacht Insurance. Comprehensive coverage in Australia and overseas.
- Home and Contents. Benefits can include additional rebuilding costs and worldwide accidental contents damage.
- Family CyberEdge. Cover for malicious cyber attacks and more with a 24/7 assistance hotline for all cyber related issues.
- Family SafeGuard. AIG can insure you and your family for expenses incurred following traumatic losses like an act of terrorism, kidnapping or assault.
- Private Collections Insurance. Worldwide coverage for private collections.
- Personal Liability Insurance. Worldwide protection against personal injury and property claims.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 35% off Dungeons & Dragons, 50% off New Balance shoes, Cheap Echo Show 5 smart home hubs.
Nanoleaf Essentials Bulb review: A brighter smart light
The Nanoleaf Essentials Bulb offers a wide colour gamut and Thread compatibility, although it’s on the pricier side for a smart light bulb.
10 best retro games (and where to buy them)
Retro games players and collectors love classic games; here are the best game picks for the most popular retro systems.
Find out about the different types of warehouse storage solutions, how much they cost and where to find them.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
How to find safe, secure and affordable boat storage near you.
Square vs Shopify
We compare two of the leading merchant services on the market: Square and Shopify.
7 ways your SME can use its $1,200 digital rebate in Victoria
Take advantage of a new digital product or service for your Victoria-based SME – and let the government foot the bill.
Best water flossers in Australia
These are the five best water flosser you can buy right now in Australia.
Hairdressing rent-a-chair agreement templates
Use this legal template as your starting point to earning extra income in your hair salon.
Ask an Expert