AIG Business Insurance
Is your business insured? Find out what types of cover are on offer from AIG and make an enquiry with a consultant.
Whether you're a small or large business, it's important to get coverage for common business losses. AIG offers cover for both common losses such as sickness and injury cover as well as unique cover options such as marine liability insurance.
Features and benefits at a glance
As a major insurer with a long history in the industry, AIG has a lot to offer prospective business customers and professionals.
- Financial strength. With over 90 million customers worldwide, AIG is a sound financial institution backed by industry accreditation.
- Local knowledge. With offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, AIG’s Australian staff understand your particular business needs.
- Comprehensive coverage. Because AIG has one of the most extensive ranges of products and services to cater for your business insurance needs.
- Small business options. AIG has specific policies for small to medium businesses, such as their My Business My Choice package, which offers a complete insurance solution for SMEs.
AIG Business Insurance includes a product for every kind of risk that a business might be exposed to. These products include:
- Corporate Passport Travel Insurance. This is business travel insurance with a host of extra benefits including unlimited overseas medical and evacuation expenses, unlimited loss of deposits and additional expenses and 24/7 worldwide assistance.
- Group Injury and Sickness Insurance. This product provides accidental injury and illness benefits for your employees and their dependents. It can also protect you against the financial effects of the loss of employee services.
- Environmental. This suite of products provides cover for a variety of environmental exposures faced by businesses including losses from pollution releases, clean up costs, third party injuries and property damage claims.
- Financial Lines. This range of products includes civil liability insurance, comprehensive crime insurance, data management liability insurance, directors and officers liability insurance investment managers’ insurance and superannuation trustees’ liability insurance.
- Political Risk. This covers businesses with overseas interests for financial losses resulting from political perils such as confiscation of goods, foreign currency problems or political violence.
- Surety. This provides surety solutions for a variety of risks in industries such as construction, infrastructure, support services, transport, telecommunications and energy.
AIG Insurance offers cover to meet the unique needs of small and medium Australian businesses.
AIG offers it's SME (Small to medium enterprise) solutions. This product is designed to reduce the chance of your business suffering a loss, and to help you recover as quickly as possible if something does go wrong. Rather than a one-size-fits-all solution, AIG can tailor a policy to protect against the specific risks faced by your business, and offer a professional and efficient claims handling service.
AIG Small Business Insurance is designed for Australian businesses with up to $10 million worth of assets per location and up to $20 million in turnover. It offers a wide range of coverage options including:
- Material damage
- Public and products liability
- Business interruption
- General property
- Equipment breakdown
- Marine transit
- Management liability
Who is AIG insurance?
AIG (American International Group) is an international insurance organisation, with one of the largest property-casualty networks in the world, serving clients in over 130 countries. This unique global perspective gives AIG the ability to anticipate emerging risks and to respond rapidly to protect their clients on a local scale.
Does AIG offer professional indemnity insurance?
Yes. AIG offers professional indemnity insurance (as part of it's financial lines product) designed to cover professionals and businesses in instances of negligence or professional misconduct. Policies can be tailored to suit professionals across a range of industries and businesses small or large. This includes jobs such as:
- sole traders
- travel agents
AIG's professional indemnity insurance covers professionals for:
- instances of defamation, fraud or dishonesty
- wrongful errors, acts or omissions
- lost documents
- professional misconduct
1. Accidental and Supplemental Health Insurance
This covers certain conditions and hospital stays that may not be covered by normal health insurers and includes accidental death and disability and financial protection for some critical illnesses. Products include:
- Accident Blue. Affordable accidental death and disablement plan.
- Security Plus Standard. Serious accident cover plus lifestyle benefits.
- Security Plus Premier. Includes membership in Premier Rewards program.
- Security Plus Seniors. Covers seniors for a wide range of accidents.
- Cancercover Direct. Up to $45,000 if diagnosed with a specific cancer.
- Recovery Cash. Up to $45,000 for recovery from an accident.
2. Private Client Group
This offers comprehensive protection for valuable personal assets such as homes and also unique possessions like jewellery, artworks and antiques. Products include:
- Yacht Insurance. Comprehensive coverage in Australia and overseas.
- Home Owners Insurance. Benefits can include additional rebuilding costs and worldwide accidental contents damage.
- Private Collections Insurance. Worldwide coverage for private collections.
- Personal Liability Insurance. Worldwide protection against personal injury and property claims.
3. Travel Insurance
This includes comprehensive travel insurance cover for every contingency including cancellations, delays, interruptions, losses and emergency medical expenses. Products include:
- Annual Multi Trip Insurance. Unlimited trips per year, covering individuals or families.
- International Single Trip Insurance. Covers emergency medical, cancellations, interruptions, and lost or damaged baggage.
- Domestic Travel Insurance. Covers trips within Australia up to 35 days in length.
- Mature Age Travel Insurance. Cover for travellers over 70 years of age.
Ask an Expert