Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own.

Business insurance professions: A – Z listing

Your listing of occupations and industries. Find out what insurance is needed.

More guides on Finder

Ask a Question

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our 1. Terms Of Service and 6. Finder Group Privacy & Cookies Policy.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

6 Responses

    Default Gravatar
    NelsonAugust 7, 2019


    I am going to open up an online shop in Melbourne , selling fashion Jewellery (mainly earrings and necklace) all imported from Korea, I expect the annual sales will be around A$40,000. The company is just myself, no other employee, I wonder if I need to buy any insurance for my online shop pls?

      Default Gravatar
      NikkiAugust 8, 2019

      Hi Nelson,

      Thanks for getting in touch and congratulations on your new venture!

      Getting business insurance is always ideal especially if this business is your bread and butter. Given you are an online business, the type of insurance you need is a product liability insurance. If you submit your details via the form on the public liability insurance page, a business insurance broker will be in touch to discuss the different options available and provide you with a quote. This service is provided free of charge and there is absolutely no obligation to sign up for a policy.

      Hope this was helpful. Don’t hesitate to message us back if you have more questions.


    Default Gravatar
    PaulAugust 17, 2017

    Hi, I have a small on the side pool cleaning business. The turnover is around $6000 per year.
    The realestate I work for requires public liability. I currently have to pay $600 a year for this. Can I get a better rate?

      MayAugust 17, 2017Finder

      Hi Paul,

      Thank you for your inquiry.

      You may want to fill out our public liability form, submit it, and then have someone call you to explore your options offered by different brands. Moreover, on the same page, you’ll learn more about what public liability insurance is, what it covers, and how it can help you.

      I hope this helps.


    Default Gravatar
    KimApril 2, 2017

    Do you cover occupational therapists

      ZubairApril 3, 2017Finder

      Hi Kim,

      Thank you for your question. is a comparison and information service and not an insurer and we are not permitted to provide our users with personalised financial advice or product recommendations.

      Terms and conditions vary among different providers. You would be best to reach out to an advisor who will take all your circumstances into account and offer you a range of insurance options through insurers in our panel. Further, you may find our professional indemnity insurance for physiotherapists guide helpful.

      All the best,

Go to site