We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What we like about Youi business insurance
- Flexible excess. Youi lets you customise your excess payments.
- Coverage. Youi can cover you for up to $20 million in liability cover.
- 24-hour claims. In an emergency you can contact Youi any time, day or night.
Get a Youi business insurance quote
Youi Small Business Insurance offers business owners financial protection against liability claims e.g. you own a cleaning business and, through no intention of yours, someone suffers an injury while on your site and sues you. Cover is included for your legal and defence costs, as well as for any damages and compensation you are required to pay.
What features are included?
The following benefits are included as standard with Youi Small Business Insurance:
- Public and Products Liability. If an incident relating to the activities of your business occurs during the contract period and leads to bodily injury or property damage to a third party, this benefit provides cover for the cost of your legal and defence expenses, as well as any damages or compensation for which you are deemed legally liable. If you have care, custody or control of customer's property which suffers loss or damage, up to $100,000 of cover per claim is included as well.
- Cover levels. Choose from one of three cover levels: $5 million, $10 million and $20 million.
- Queensland Electrical Contractors Cover (Consumer Protection)This cover is provided for electrical work undertaken in Queensland under Electrical Safety Regulation 2002. It covers your legal liability to pay compensation following any defect or non-completed work for which a certificate of test is required. It also covers your trade practices liability, your legal liability for consequential financial loss from a certificate of test that you issue, and your legal liability for consequential financial loss from incorrect advice, design or installation by you. The maximum amount payable during a contract period under this cover is $5 million.
- Victorian Plumbers Warranty Cover (Warranty) This cover applies to licensed plumbing work in Victoria under Licensed Plumbers General Insurance Order 2002. It covers:
- The cost of rectifying plumbing work due to a defect
- Your legal liability relating to plumbing work that contravenes specific sections (18, 29, 34, 60 or 61) of Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or Section 9, 11 or 12 of the Fair Trading Act 1999 (Vic)
- Your legal liability to pay compensation when a building owner suffers consequential financial loss due to a defect in or non-completion of plumbing work
- Your legal liability to pay compensation due to the non-completion of domestic plumbing work
What are the policy's optional extras?
The following benefits are available as optional extras on a Youi Small Business Insurance policy:
- Money. This benefit covers loss or damage to your business' money anywhere in Australia, including while it is in transit or at your home or office.
- Business items. This optional benefit covers up to $2,500 per item, up to the amount shown on your policy schedule, for loss or damage to your portable business items globally. For items worth more than $2,500, there is an option to nominate an additional insured value and note the item on the policy schedule as a High Value Business Item.
- Business Property Damage. This covers loss or damage to stock at your business premises or in transit to or from your business premises. Cover is available for accident, fire, flood, theft and deterioration of refrigerated stock.
What won't Youi cover?
A claim under your Youi Small Business Insurance will not be paid for various reasons including if,
- The incident occurred before cover commenced
- It relates to your dishonest, fraudulent or unlawful conduct
- It is caused by conduct intended to cause personal injury or property damage
- It arises in relation to the ownership or operation of any vehicle which needs to be registered by law
- It relates to the ownership or operation of aircraft, airports, dams, reservoirs, railways or amusement parks
- It relates to the operation of docks or public wharves
- It arises due to any demolition work
- It relates to the disposal of toxic waste or land fill activities
- It arises due to an act of terrorism or war
For a full list of exclusions please see the PDS.
The cost of your Youi Small Business Insurance premiums is influenced by a range of factors, including:
- The level of cover you choose. Including extra benefits in your cover will obviously increase the cost of premiums.
- Your payment method. Contact Youi for information on the cheapest premium payment method.
- Your claims history. The insurer will consider any prior claims you have made when developing your business’ risk profile.
- Any admin costs, taxes and government charges that may apply.
When you need to lodge a claim, Youi operates a 24/7 emergency claims assistance line. If you wish to make a claim on your Youi Small Business Insurance policy, take note that each claim can only relate to one incident - separate claims will need to be filed for each incident.
You’ll need to allow Youi to inspect any damaged goods or property you are claiming for, while you’ll also need to report relevant incidents (theft, for example) to the police within 24 hours and obtain an incident number.
Finally, make sure to provide any information or supporting documentation Youi requests in order to process your claim.
More guides on Finder
Case study: Top entrepreneur on benefits of business cards
SPONSORED: Australian businesswoman shares words of wisdom on cash flow, company credit cards and true crime.
How to find the right car insurance [PAID]
Tips to save money on your car insurance.
Travel insurance for over 70s
Over 70 and need travel insurance? Compare your options to get affordable cover for what matters.
Passport delays: If you’re travelling soon, here’s what you can do
The Passport Office advises a 6-week wait to get your updated passport, but it could actually take longer. Here’s how to get your passport sooner.
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Travel insurance for over 85
Guide to finding travel insurance if you're over 85 years of age.
Here’s how crypto savings accounts are taking on the banks
SPONSORED: A new generation of fintechs are offering Australians more yield on their capital.
Your comprehensive guide to getting trailer insurance for caravans, mobile homes and box trailers.
Does travel insurance cover Airbnb?
We take a look to see if you are fully protected by insurance if your Airbnb trip goes wrong.
Private health insurance tax guide
If you just turned 31 or have started earning over $90k, you'll want to think about taking out health insurance now.
Ask an Expert