Youi business insurance
The average Youi business insurance customer pays just $64 a month.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Looking for affordable business insurance which will protect your livelihood? Youi business insurance can offer protection against a wide range of risks, including theft, damage, liability, and personal injury.
Policies are tailored to suit your needs, and are affordable in price. In fact, around 48% of Youi's small business customers pay less than $50 per month, while around 38% pay around $51-100 per month for their business liability insurance.
Youi business insurance - features and benefits
There's plenty to like about Youi's business liability insurance policy.
- Flexible excess. Youi lets you customise your excess payments.
- Coverage. Youi can cover you for up to $20 million in liability cover.
- 24-hour claims. In an emergency you can contact Youi any time, day or night.
Get a Youi business insurance quote
Youi Business Liability Insurance offers business owners financial protection against liability claims e.g. you own a cleaning business and someone suffers and injury while on your site as sues you. Cover is included for your legal and defence costs, as well as for any damages and compensation you are required to pay.
What features are included?
The following benefits are included as standard in Youi Business Liability Insurance:
- Business Liability. If an incident relating to the activities of your business occurs during the contract period and leads to bodily injury or property damage to a third party, this benefit provides cover for the cost of your legal and defence expenses, as well as any damages or compensation for which you are deemed legally liable. If you have care, custody or control of customer's property which suffers loss or damage, $50,000 of cover is included as well.
- Cover levels. Choose from one of three cover levels: $5 million, $10 million and $20 million.
- Consumer Protection (Queensland only). This cover is provided for electrical work undertaken in Queensland under Electrical Safety Regulation 2002. It covers your legal liability to pay compensation following any defect or non-completed work for which a certificate of test is required. It also covers your trade practices liability, your legal liability for consequential financial loss from a certificate of test that you issue, and your legal liability for consequential financial loss from incorrect advice, design or installation by you. The maximum amount payable during a contract under this cover is $5 million.
- Warranty (Victoria only). This cover applies to licensed plumbing work in Victoria under Licensed Plumbers General Insurance Order 2002. It covers:
- The cost of rectifying plumbing work due to a defect
- Your legal liability relating to plumbing work that contravenes specific sections (18, 29, 34, 60 or 61) of Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or Section 9, 11 or 12 of the Fair Trading Act 1999 (Vic)
- Your legal liability to pay compensation when a building owner suffers consequential financial loss due to a defect in or non-completion of plumbing work
- Your legal liability to pay compensation due to the non-completion of domestic plumbing work
What are the policy's optional extras?
The following benefits are available as optional extras on a Youi Business Liability Insurance policy:
- Money. This benefit covers loss or damage to your business’ money anywhere in Australia, including while it is in transit or at your home or office.
- Business items. This benefit covers loss or damage to your business items while they are anywhere in Australia or New Zealand, or while they are in any other country (as long as your overseas stay doesn’t exceed 45 days)
- Stock in trade. This covers loss or damage to stock at your business premises or in transit to or from your business premises. Cover is available for accident, fire, theft and deterioration of refrigerated stock.
What happens once I go to the Youi website?
Once you click through to the Youi website you'll be given the option to either get a quote:
- Or over the phone
You'll need to tell Youi a little bit about your business (e.g. how much you earn, how many people are employed etc) before you are given a quote.
What won't Youi cover?
A claim under your Youi Business Liability Insurance will not be paid if:
- The incident occurred before cover commenced
- It relates to your dishonest, fraudulent or unlawful conduct
- It is caused by conduct intended to cause personal injury or property damage
- It arises in relation to the ownership or operation of any vehicle which needs to be registered by law
- It relates to the ownership or operation of aircraft, airports, dams, reservoirs, railways or amusement parks
- It relates to the operation of docks or public wharves
- It arises due to any demolition work
- It relates to the disposal of toxic waste or land fill activities
- It arises due to an act of terrorism or war
The cost of your Youi Business Liability Insurance premiums is influenced by a range of factors, including:
- The level of cover you choose. Including extra benefits in your cover will obviously increase the cost of premiums.
- Your payment method. Contact Youi for information on the cheapest premium payment method.
- Your claims history. The insurer will consider any prior claims you have made when developing your business’ risk profile.
- Any admin costs, taxes and government charges that may apply.
When you need to lodge a claim, Youi operates a 24/7 emergency claims assistance line. If you wish to make a claim on your Youi Business Liability Insurance policy, take note that each claim can only relate to one incident - separate claims will need to be filed for each incident.
You’ll need to allow Youi to inspect any damaged goods or property you are claiming for, while you’ll also need to report relevant incidents (theft, for example) to the police within 24 hours and obtain an incident number.
Finally, make sure to provide any information or supporting documentation Youi requests in order to process your claim.
More guides on Finder
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
How to start an asbestos removal business
Your comprehensive guide to starting an asbestos removal company.
How to start an entertainment business
Here's everything you need to know to set up and grow your entertainment business.
How to start a gardening business
Here are all the things you need to know for a successful gardening business.
How to start a vintage clothing store business
Here's how you could turn your love for vintage clothes into a money-making enterprise.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
How to start a baby proofing business
Find out how to start a baby proofing business and run it from home in this guide.
How to start a homewares business
Find out how to turn your passion for homewares into a profitable business.
How to start a remote IT business
Here’s how to go about starting a remote IT business to offer installation, servicing and maintenance support to both businesses and households.
Ask an Expert