Aston Martin finance options
Got your eyes on an Aston Martin? Read our guide on the finance options
Aston Martin is a British luxury sports car manufacturer founded in 1913 and James Bond's current brand of choice.
Aston Martin models available in Australia
Below is the range of new models of Aston Martin available for purchase in Australia:
- DBS Superleggera
- Vanquish S
- Vanquish Volante
- Rapide S
- V12 Vantage S
- Vantage AMR
- V12 Vantage S Roadster
- V8 Vantage S
How much does it cost to buy and run an Aston Martin?
According to Redbook, the purchase prices of popular 2018 Aston Martin models are as follows:
- 2018 Aston Martin Vantage Auto MY19 – $299,950
- 2018 Aston Martin DB11 Auto MY19 – $374,995
- 2018 Aston Martin Rapide S Auto MY18 – $382,110
- 2018 Aston Martin Vanquish S Ultimate Auto MY18 – $518,995
According to Redbook, the Aston Martin DB11 Auto has a fuel efficiency of 9.9L/100km, making it the best of the Aston Martin models available in Australia. The Vanquish S Ultimate Auto has an efficiency of 13.1L/100km, while the Rapide S Auto comes in at 12.9L/100km.
The ATO classifies a fuel-efficient car as one with a fuel consumption of less than 7L/100km, so all Aston Martin models would fall outside that classification, which is worth taking into account when calculating the running costs.
Compare car loans you can use to purchase an Aston Martin
Other costs to consider
- Maintenance and repairs. Like any other car, an Aston Martin will need ongoing maintenance and servicing. You will also need to pay for any unexpected repairs, so it's important to try and keep your vehicle in good condition to avoid unnecessary repair costs.
- New car extras. With a luxury sports car such as an Aston Martin, optional accessories can add significant costs to the purchase of your vehicle.
- Insurance. In Australia, you are legally required to buy compulsory third party (CTP) insurance when purchasing a vehicle. You can also choose to take out optional insurance products to cover accidental damage, fire and theft. Your insurance costs will vary based on which policy you choose, as well as your risk profile, which is calculated based on your age, gender and driving experience.
- Stamp duty. You will have to pay stamp duty when buying a new or used car. Stamp duty costs vary by state and territory, but you can use this vehicle stamp duty calculator to see how much you'll need to pay.
- Cost of finance. If you're planning on using a car loan or other finance option to purchase your Aston Martin, this is another cost you will need to consider. You can read below for more information on the financing options currently available.
What types of Aston Martin financing options are available?
- Secured car loan. A type of personal loan where your vehicle is used as security against the cost of the loan. If you fail to repay the loan, the lender may take ownership of the vehicle.
- Unsecured car loan. A personal loan where you don't need to use your car as security, but which generally has a higher interest rate.
- Dealer finance. Your car can be financed through the dealership as opposed to directly through a traditional lender.
- Chattel mortgage. A type of car loan for businesses that give them immediate ownership of the vehicle, which is then paid off over the term of the loan.
- Commercial hire. A business finance option where you lease a vehicle over a set term and make regular lease payments.
- Novated lease. A car lease available to employees who can then use their pre-tax income to cover the lease and associated running costs.
Factors to consider when financing your Aston Martin
When looking at finance options, there are a few things you should consider. These include:
- Interest rate. You should confirm the rate that you're being charged. This is what determines how much you will have to make in repayments. However, what makes a rate competitive will vary depending on the type of finance option that you require.
- Loan term. Most car loans will offer terms from one to seven years, but this will vary by lender. Other finance options may have longer or shorter terms, including commercial hire and novated leases.
- Repayments. You will generally need to make regular repayments on car finance options, but the size of these repayments will vary based on the type of finance you require. Some novated lease options will include associated running costs in your payments and these will vary based on how you use the vehicle. Some finance options also require you to make a larger balloon payment at the end of the term.
- Loan amount. Lenders often provide minimum and maximum loan amounts, so you should always make sure you find a product that meets your financial needs.
- Fees and charges. Different finance options will have different fee structures and this is something you should always confirm before choosing how to finance your car.
- Vehicle ownership. Some types of lease will not give you ownership of the vehicle or will require you to make a balloon payment at the end of the term to take ownership. A chattel mortgage will give your business ownership of the vehicle immediately, which is then paid off over the course of the loan.
What you will need to apply for an Aston Martin loan
While individual dealers may have other specific requirements, you will generally need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for a loan:
- You're over 18 years old
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You're employed and earning a stable income
You will also be asked to provide the following as part of your application:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of employment
- Financial information, including any debts, assets and other liabilities
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.49% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 6.99% p.a.
Apply for a loan from $5,000 to finance a new or used car. Flexible repayments and options to finance a classic car.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees. Note: Product only available to residents of Victoria.
You'll receive a fixed or variable rate depending on the lender you are approved with
Apply for up to $150,000 and use cash or trade in a vehicle to use as a deposit. Optional balloon payment available.
Ask an Expert