Toyota RAV4 car loans
Toyota RAV4: Prices, specs and car loans
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Toyota RAV4 is very popular with Aussie buyers right now. Here's everything you need to know about this stylish, compact SUV, as well as how to get a Toyota RAV4 car loan.
In this guide
Toyota RAV4 SUV: Specs and pricing
Toyota produces four versions of the RAV4 for the Australian market. The trim grades are GX, GXL, Cruiser and Edge. There are a few different engine and transmission combinations.
|Engine||Transmission||Grades available on|
|2.0-litre petrol||Six-speed manual or Auto CVT|
|2.5-litre petrol||Eight-speed automatic|
|2.5-litre hybrid||Automatic CVT|
The starting drive-away price for a GX 2WD entry model is $37,105, in NSW postcode 2000.
RAV4 is short for Recreational Activity Vehicle (with 4WD). In Japan, Toyota markets the RAV4 as ラヴフォー, or Ravufō, which roughly translates to English as "Love Four".
Toyota RAV4 GX
Toyota's drive-away price for the entry-level GX RAV4 starts at $37,105 when built as a 2WD with the 2.0-litre petrol engine and manual gearbox. For a 2WD hybrid RAV4, Toyota asks a drive-away cost of $41,776. You can only have the hybrid with an automatic CVT. An AWD hybrid GX is also on sale from $44,866.
Here are some of the standout features of the GX RAV4:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Auto-levelling, parabolic LED headlamps
- LED daytime running lights (DRLs) and rear combination lamps
- Halogen front fog lamps
- Power-adjustable side mirrors, with heaters and power-folding
- Electronic parking brake
- 8-inch infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six speakers
- USB input
- 4.2-inch multi-information display
- Digital radio
- Steering wheel mounted controls for audio, MID and telephone
- Satellite navigation with SUNA live traffic updates
- Smart start system (hybrid only)
- Automatic dual-zone climate control (hybrid only)
- LED projector headlamps (hybrid only)
Safety features include the following:
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Reversing camera with static guidelines
- All-round parking sensors
- Toyota Safety Sense:
- Lane departure alert
- Lane trace assist (auto CVT only)
- Pre-collision safety system with pedestrian and cyclist (daytime) detection
- Road sign assist
- Automatic high beam
- Active cruise control (all-speeds on auto CVT, high-speed on manual)
- Hill start assist
- Automatic headlights (light-sensitive)
- Rain-sensing wipers
Toyota RAV4 GXL
In addition to the GX spec, you also benefit from the following:
- Automatic CVT on all models
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Rear and rear-side window privacy glass
- Roof rails
- Premium steering wheel/gear lever
- Auto dual-zone climate control
- Premium embossed cloth seats
- Wireless phone charger – Qi-supported devices
- Smart entry and start system
- Four extra USB ports (total of three in front, two in rear)
- Premium bumper and grille
Safety extras include the following:
- Reversing camera with a back guide monitor
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Toyota RAV4 Cruiser
You'll find the Cruiser starts at a drive-away cost of $45,738. You can think of this model as the top of the line "ordinary" RAV4. An AWD Hybrid Cruiser with an automatic CVT transmission costs $51,483 driveaway.
Adding to the GXL spec, you'll also receive the following:
- 18-inch gloss black alloy wheels (hybrid)/19-inch alloys on petrol
- Tilting and sliding moonroof
- Power tailgate
- Leather accentuated interior
- Ten-way power-adjustable driver's seat (with power lumbar support adjustment) and two-position memory
- Heated front seats
- 7-inch multi-information display
- Nine-speaker premium audio system from JBL
- Chrome exterior door handles
- Ambient cabin lighting
Safety-wise, you also unlock the following:
- Panoramic view monitor
Toyota RAV4 Edge
The Edge ups the RAV4's off-road capabilities, making it a more adventure-ready SUV. There's no hybrid option, though the 2.0-litre petrol is substituted with a larger 2.5-litre petrol. Underscoring its rough terrain inclination is an AWD and 8-speed automatic transmission. The drive-away cost of an Edge RAV4 starts from $53,478.
Improving on the GXL spec RAV4 models, the Edge also benefits from the following:
- 19-inch alloys
- Power tailgate
- Ten-way power-adjustable driver's seat with electric lumbar support adjustment
- Tilt and slide moonroof
- SofTex seat upholstery – hard-wearing, synthetic leather
- Heated and ventilated front seats with three settings
- 7-inch multi-information display
- 9-speaker premium audio by JBL
- Ambient cabin lighting
- Rear torque vectoring diff
- Off-road dial selection, with drive modes
- Edge bumper, wheel-arch mouldings, grille and fog lamp surrounds
Additional safety assists include the following:
- Panoramic view monitor
- Downhill assist control
A panoramic tilt and slide moonroof is optionally available.
Want to know more about the RAV4?
Why buy a RAV4?
Here are the major selling points of the RAV4:
- Hybrid option
- Running/servicing costs
- Spacious interior
- Build quality
- Long list of safety features
- Fuel economy
- Cushy ride
- Good handler
Understand car loans in ten seconds
Here's what to look for in a car loan offer:
- Low-interest rates (the lower the rates, the less you'll pay over the course of the loan)
- No or small application fees
- No or minimal monthly/annual charges
- Affordable repayments
- Option to pay an extra month/payment flexibility
The more criteria a prospective loan meets, the better the deal you're getting.
How to compare car loans for the Toyota RAV4
Car finance can look confusing and there are several different ways of funding your purchase.
Here, we will concentrate on two different types of car loans: secured and unsecured.
Secured car loans
Because a secured car loan takes the vehicle you purchase as a registered piece of collateral, the interest rates tend to be more favourable. That's because to a lender, the entry they lodge with the Personal Property Security Register (PPSR) helps reduce the risk to them since they can recover the vehicle if you stop repaying the car loan.
Consequently, they offer lower interest rates and typically accept loans of higher values. Secured loans also come with some downsides:
- There are more conditions the vehicle you buy must meet, including maximum age
- You're restricted to using the borrowed money for the car purchase only – not for related or unrelated costs
Unsecured car loan
An alternative to a secured car loan is an unsecured loan. No security is taken on the loan, so there are fewer restrictions placed on the type and age of vehicle you buy. You're also able to spend money on associated or miscellaneous costs on your car purchase.
There are downsides though. Without the collateral on the loan, the finance company is taking on greater risk. As a result, they increase interest rates, which means you'll pay more throughout an unsecured car loan agreement vs an identical secured alternative. There's also more exacting application criteria and you won't be able to borrow as much.
When calculating your budget, don't forget to include things like monthly fees, application/processing charges and the rate of interest. This will give you the true cost of your car loan.
How to compare car loans with Finder
Using our tool couldn't be simpler. Decide how much you need to borrow, set the length of time you wish to repay the loan over and smash that calculate button.
If you can't afford the monthly repayments, try extending out the loan term. This helps spread out the cost and can reduce your outgoings on a month-to-month basis massively. However, you will pay out more in interest, so bear that in mind.
Car loan jargon and terms got your head spinning? Read our simple guide to car loans. You'll learn about the different types of car finance, learn how to speak the terminology and understand the application process.
Toyota RAV4 Car Loans Comparison
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Recent car reviews
- 2021 Genesis GV80 Review
- 2022 Subaru WRX: New vs old
- Should Toyota be worried about the Haval H6 Hybrid?
- 2021 Nissan Navara Review
- Kia Sorento hybrid has an electric range of 68km!
More guides on Finder
Should Toyota be worried about the Haval H6 Hybrid?
Haval's H6 Hybrid looks set to claim a larger market share for the brand. What do you think?
Kia Sorento hybrid has an electric range of 68km!
Kia's Sorento PHEV hybrid combines a long electric-only range with the convenience of a petrol engine. Here are the specs.
Car news round-up: 5 October
All the car news from 5 October: Ford's new electric Transit van; Polestar 2 pricing confirmed; car insurance rises due to COVID-19; and it's Charge Your Car Day 2021
2021 Kia Sportage Review
In 2020, the Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 and Nissan X-Trail all outsold the Kia Sportage. That's not to say this is a bad car; in fact, the motoring media reviewed it favourably.
Toyota LandCruiser 300 series: Release date, specs, price, models and more
Toyota popped the bonnet on its highly anticipated 2022 Toyota Landcruiser 300 series 4WD in June 2021. Here's everything you need to know.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Hybrid car insurance comparison
Compare hybrid car insurance quotes.
Best Hybrid Cars
We've ranked every hybrid vehicle available in Australia.
2020 Toyota Camry review
Four expert reviews of the Toyota Camry in one
Kia Cerato car loans
Learn about Kia Cerato car loans, pricing and specs.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.88% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert