The Qantas Business Rewards loyalty program allows businesses to earn Qantas Points into a central account, which can then be transferred to an individual Qantas Frequent Flyer member or redeemed.
Replacing the former Qantas Aquire program, it offers savings with exclusive flight deals, as well as a way to further maximise the rewards earned on your everyday business expenses.
What are the benefits of the Qantas Business Rewards program?
- More points on flights. When you book eligible flights with a Qantas Business Rewards account, you can earn points once through the company account and once through individual Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts. This means you and your employees will still be able to earn points for your flights even when they are booked through Qantas Business Rewards.
- Flight discounts. Qantas Business Rewards flight deals offer up to 8% off your base fare on selected fares, with savings based on your business' membership Level. The higher your membership status, the more savings you can get.
- Qantas Points. Your Business Rewards account accumulates Qantas Points for eligible spending and activity, which can then be transferred to individual Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts and redeemed.
- Reward your employees. You can choose to transfer Qantas Points from your Qantas Business Rewards account to any employees, which could be a great way to motivate and treat your team.
- Save on expenses. Alternatively, you could use the Qantas Points earned to offset future business expenses, such as flight redemptions, when you transfer them from the business account to your personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Qantas Club savings. Business Rewards members can save 10% on Qantas Club memberships. This provides business travellers with the opportunity to relax and enjoy refreshments and wi-fi before their flights.
- Automatic Aquire point conversion. If your business was previously a member of Qantas Aquire, any Aquire Points and Pending Points were automatically converted to Qantas Points on 1 February 2017.
How to sign up for the Qantas Business Rewards program
In order to join the program, your business needs an ABN and a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. Your business also must be registered for GST or an incorporated entity. There are no annual fees for the program, and instead, there's simply a one-off joining fee of $89.50. Occasionally there are also promotions that offer free memberships for a limited time.
You will need to fill in an online form providing the following information:
- Personal details. Requires details such as your name, email address and contact number.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. You will need to provide your frequent flyer membership number.
- Business details. Information including your ABN, type of industry, and business mailing address.
- Security details. These include your new account password, and a security question and answer.
How can I earn points for my business with the Qantas Business Rewards program?
To earn Qantas Points on eligible QF flights through Qantas Business Rewards, you need to enter your ABN and the traveller's Qantas Frequent Flyer number when booking. The earn rate is calculated as a percentage of the points earned by regular Qantas Frequent Flyer members and is determined by your Qantas Business Rewards membership level.
Level 1 members earn 20% of the regular points awarded per flight, Level 2 members earn 30% and Level 3 earn 40%. As an example, if you're a Level 1 member and you earn 800 points through your personal Frequent Flyer account, you would also earn 160 points for your Business Rewards account.
Below is a comparison of the three levels within the Qantas Business Rewards program:
|Level||Eligibility||Qantas Points earned||Flight savings|
|Level 1||Businesses earning 0 - 20,000 Qantas Points from flights per year||20 points for every 100 points earned by flyer||5% off base fares of eligible flights|
|Level 2||Businesses earning 20,000 - 99,999 Qantas Points from flights per year||30 points for every 100 points earned by flyer||7% off base fares of eligible flights|
|Level 3||Businesses earning over 100,000 Qantas Points from flights per year||40 points for every 100 points earned by flyer||8% off base fares of eligible flights|
A small selection of business credit cards and charge cards allow you to earn points for your Qantas Business Rewards account, including the American Express Qantas Business Rewards card, the Bendigo Bank Qantas Business Credit Card and the Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum card.
The program has established a wide network of over 40 partners that cater to nearly every business solution you could possibly need. This includes vehicle hire, cleaning and waste services, freight, delivery and storage, banking, finance, accounting, insurance, recruitment, staffing, training, phone, internet and cloud solutions, and office supplies. It allows you to earn Qantas Points on practically all business expenses. For example, you can earn 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent on NRMA roadside assistance for your business vehicles.
How can I redeem Qantas Points through Qantas Business Rewards?
As long as you include your ABN and Qantas Frequent Flyer number on flight and partner purchases, Qantas Points will accumulate in your business account. When you have at least 3,000 points, you can transfer them to any personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account of your choosing.
Note that only the Account Manager or Administrator with transfer privileges can transfer Qantas Points to an individual's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account. Once the points are transferred, the individual member can use them to redeem a reward of their choosing through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
Compare Qantas Credit Cards
Images: Qantas. Back to top