Turn your business expenses into extra frequent flyer points with the Qantas business loyalty program.
Qantas Business Rewards is a loyalty program that allows businesses to earn additional Qantas Frequent Flyer points on corporate travel and transactions. Launched on 1 February 2017, this program replaced Qantas Aquire, with all existing members of Aquire automatically transferred to the Qantas Business Rewards program.
Through this program, businesses can earn Qantas Points for a central account. These can then be transferred to an individual Qantas Frequent Flyer Member's account and redeemed for a variety of rewards. This guide explains exactly how the Qantas Business Rewards program works, so you can decide if it’s a smart choice for your business.
What is the Qantas Business Rewards program?
Qantas Business Rewards is designed to benefit businesses for their corporate spending with Qantas and a wide network of partners. It offers savings with exclusive flight deals, as well as a way to further maximise the rewards earned on your everyday business expenses. With an increasing membership of more than 100,000 businesses, Qantas Business Rewards is proving to be a popular corporate incentive program.
What are the benefits of the Qantas Business Rewards program?
- Automatic Aquire point conversion. If your business was previously a member of Qantas Aquire, any Aquire Points and Pending Points were automatically converted to Qantas Points on 1 February 2017.
- More points on flights. When you book eligible flights with a Qantas Business Rewards account, you can earn points once through the company account and once through individual Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts. This means you and your employees will still be able to earn points for your flights even when they are booked through Qantas Business Rewards.
- Flight discounts. Qantas Business Rewards flight deals offer up to 8% off your base fare on selected fares, with savings based on your business' Membership Level. The higher your membership status, the more savings you can get.
- Qantas Points. Your Qantas Business Rewards account accumulates Qantas Points for eligible spending and activity, which can then be transferred to individual Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts and redeemed.
- Reward your employees. You can choose to transfer Qantas Points from your Qantas Business Rewards account to any employees, which could be a great way to motivate and treat your team.
- Save on expenses. Alternatively, you could use the Qantas Points earned to offset future business expenses, such as flight redemptions, when you transfer them from the business account to your personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Qantas Club savings. Qantas Business Rewards members can save 10% on Qantas Club memberships. This provides business travellers with the opportunity to relax and enjoy refreshments and wi-fi before their flights.
How can I earn points for my business with the Qantas Business Rewards program?
- Business flights. To earn Qantas Points on eligible QF flights through Qantas Business Rewards, you need to enter your ABN and the traveller's Qantas Frequent Flyer number when booking. The earn rate is calculated as a percentage of the points earned by regular Qantas Frequent Flyer members and is determined by your Qantas Business Rewards membership level. Level 1 members earn 20% of the regular points awarded per flight, Level 2 members earn 30% and Level 3 earn 40%. As an example, of you're a Level 1 member and you earn 800 points through your personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account, you would also earn 160 points for your Qantas Business Rewards account.
- Credit cards. With an American Express Qantas Corporate Card, you can earn double Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flights charged to the card. This card is designed for mid-sized companies with annual turnovers between $2 million and $200 million.
- Partnered retailers. Qantas Business Rewards has also established a wide network of over 40 partners that cater to nearly every business solution you could possibly need. This includes vehicle hire, cleaning and waste services, freight, delivery and storage, banking, finance, accounting, insurance, recruitment, staffing, training, phone, internet and cloud solutions, and office supplies. It allows you to earn Qantas Points on practically all business expenditure. For example, you can earn 4 Qantas Points per $1 spent on NRMA roadside assistance for your business vehicles.
How can I redeem Qantas Points through Qantas Business Rewards?
As long as you include your ABN and Qantas Frequent Flyer number on flight and partner purchases, Qantas Points will accumulate in your business account. When you have at least 3,000 points, you can transfer them to any personal Qantas Frequent Flyer account of your choosing.
Note that only the Account Manager or Administrator with transfer privileges can transfer Qantas Points to an individual's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account. Once the points are transferred, the individual member can use them to redeem a reward of their choosing through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
How to sign up for the Qantas Business Rewards program
In order to join Qantas Business Rewards, your business needs an ABN and a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. Your business also must be registered for GST or an incorporated entity. There are no annual fees for the Qantas Business Rewards program, and instead there's simply a one-off joining fee of $89.50. Occasionally there are also promotions which offer free memberships for a limited time.
You will need to fill in an online form providing the following information:
- Personal details. Requires details such as your name, email address and contact number.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer. You will need to provide your frequent flyer membership number.
- Business details. Information including your ABN, type of industry, and business mailing address.
- Security details. These include your new account password, and a security question and answer.
If your business involves frequent travel, the Qantas Business Rewards program can be a great way to double up on Qantas points and rewards. In the long run, this low-cost and hassle-free system can translate into cost savings while providing attractive incentives for your employees. Before deciding however, it’s a good idea to research and consider other incentive programs that may also be suitable for your business.
Images: Qantas.Back to top