If you’re looking for a personal loan that offers a choice of a fixed or variable rate, St.George might have an offer for you.
St.George Bank boasts 2.6 million customers in Australia and offers a wide suite of personal and business services. banking customers. Along with products such as savings accounts, credit cards and home loans, St.George also offers secured and unsecured personal loans. These loans are designed to offer competitive rates and flexible repayment options to borrowers – find out more about these options below.
St.George Unsecured Variable Rate Personal Loan
Apply for St.George Unsecured Personal Loan - Variable Rate and enjoy a low interest rate that can help finance a car, motorbike or boat loan. Borrow up to $40,000
- Interest Rate From: 12.99% p.a.
- Comparison Rate: 13.87% p.a.
- Interest Rate Type: Variable
- Application Fee: $195 ($0 for existing customers)
- Minimum Loan Term: 1 year
- Maximum Loan Term: 7 year
- Minimum Loan Amount: $3,000
- Maximum Loan Amount: $40,000
Comparison of St.George personal loans
- Unsecured Loans. These loans require no security, allowing for quick and easy application. St.George also lets you choose between a fixed and variable rate. With the fixed rate, you only need to pay a fixed minimum payment that won’t change throughout the life of the loan, which is for between 1 and 5 years. With the variable rate, you can make extra repayments and apply for redraws. Unsecured loans allow for loan amounts between $3,000 and $40,000, plus St.George guarantees a fast approval process so you can get funds when they are needed most.
- Secured Loans. The main reason people opt for secured loans is the lower interest rates they offer. St.George accepts a variety of assets, including your car, as security. Similar to unsecured loans, you also have the option to choose between fixed and variable interest rates when applying. St.George lets you borrow between $3,000 and $80,000. The repayment period depends on the type of interest rate you choose. Variable rate loans have a repayment period of 1 to 7 years while fixed rate loans have a repayment period of 1 to 5 years.
Features and benefits of a St.George personal loan
- Flexible repayment options. St.George lets you choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. It's also possible to make extra payments on your variable rate loan.
- Convenient redraw facility. The redraw facility lets you access any additional repayments you may make on your variable rate loan.
- Internet banking. Manage your finances online through the bank’s Internet platform.
- Competitive interest rates. St.George aims to offer competitive interest rates to help you save money.
What other products does St.George offer?
- Credit cards. St.George offers borrowers a host of credit cards to choose from. These include rewards, balance transfer, low interest and cards that offer complimentary insurance cover.
- Home loans. St.George offers home loans with flexible features and at competitive interest rates. The bank offers loans with fixed and variable interest rates, as well as comprehensive loan packages.
- Term deposits. Place your money in term deposits to yield higher interest rates. This is an option for clients who have extra money to invest, yet don’t want the risks associated with the stock market.
- Transaction accounts. St.George offers a number of transaction accounts. The Complete Freedom Account features $0 account service fees, while the bank has also created accounts designed for students and retirees.
How to apply for a personal loan from St.George
Ready to apply for a St.George personal loan? You can click "Go to Site" to start your application. First, make sure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to apply:
- You're at least 18 years old
- You have an Australian residential address
St.George allows you to apply for a personal loan in three ways: online, over the phone or by visiting a branch. If you apply online the application takes 15 minutes to complete, and you can click through to St George on the secure link on this page. Outlined below is the information you need to provide:
- Employer details (name, address and phone number)
- If you're self-employed, your last two years' of tax returns
- Information on your weekly after-tax income
- Details of your assets, investments and savings
- Credit limit of your credit cards and other accounts, as well as the amount you owe on each
- Details of expenses
- One personal reference
Applying for a St.George personal loan online won't take more than 15 minutes. Remember to compare your options thoroughly before starting the application process.