We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
St.George Bank has over 2.6 million customers in Australia and offers a wide suite of personal and business services. Along with products such as savings accounts, credit cards and home loans, St. George also offers secured and unsecured personal loans. Their personal loans offer personalised rates. This means that you’ll get a low rate if your credit score is excellent, but a higher rate if it is less than perfect. Their unsecured rate ranges from 7.99% p.a. to 18.90% p.a., allowing you to borrow between $2,000 up to $50,000. Their secured rate ranges from 6.49% p.a. up to 12.99% p.a., with a credit limit up to $80,000. The loan term for the secured loan is up to 7 years, while the term for an unsecured loan is a maximum of 7 years. They charge an establishment fee of $195, a monthly fee of $12 and charges also apply for early repayment of the loan.
Comparison of St.George personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- Unsecured Loans. These loans require no security, allowing for quick and easy application. St.George also lets you choose between a fixed and variable rate. With the fixed rate, you only need to pay a fixed minimum payment that won’t change throughout the life of the loan, which is for between 1 to 7 years. With the variable rate, you can make extra repayments and apply for redraws. Unsecured loans allow for loan amounts between $2,000 and $50,000, plus St.George guarantees a fast approval process so you can get funds when they are needed most.
- Secured Loans. The main reason people opt for secured loans is the lower interest rates they offer. St.George accepts a variety of assets, including your car, as security. Similar to unsecured loans, you also have the option to choose between fixed and variable interest rates when applying. St.George lets you borrow between $3,000 and $80,000. The repayment period depends on the type of interest rate you choose. Fixed rate loans have a repayment period of 1 to 7 years.
Features and benefits of a St.George personal loan
- Flexible repayment options. St.George lets you choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. It's also possible to make extra payments on your variable rate loan.
- Convenient redraw facility. The redraw facility lets you access any additional repayments you may make on your variable rate loan.
- Internet banking. Manage your finances online through the bank’s Internet platform.
- Competitive interest rates. St.George aims to offer competitive interest rates to help you save money.
What other products does St.George offer?
- Credit cards. St.George offers borrowers a host of credit cards to choose from. These include rewards, balance transfer, low interest and cards that offer complimentary insurance cover.
- Home loans. St.George offers home loans with flexible features and at competitive interest rates. The bank offers loans with fixed and variable interest rates, as well as comprehensive loan packages.
- Term deposits. Place your money in term deposits to yield higher interest rates. This is an option for clients who have extra money to invest, yet don’t want the risks associated with the stock market.
- Transaction accounts. St.George offers a number of transaction accounts. The Complete Freedom Account features $0 account service fees, while the bank has also created accounts designed for students and retirees.
How to apply for a personal loan from St.George
Ready to apply for a St.George personal loan? You can click "Go to Site" to start your application. First, make sure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to apply:
- You're at least 18 years old
- You have an Australian residential address
St.George allows you to apply for a personal loan in three ways: online, over the phone or by visiting a branch. If you apply online the application takes 15 minutes to complete, and you can click through to St George on the secure link on this page. Outlined below is the information you need to provide:
- Employer details (name, address and phone number)
- If you're self-employed, your last two years' of tax returns
- Information on your weekly after-tax income
- Details of your assets, investments and savings
- Credit limit of your credit cards and other accounts, as well as the amount you owe on each
- Details of expenses
- One personal reference
Applying for a St.George personal loan online won't take more than 15 minutes. Remember to compare your options thoroughly before starting the application process.
More guides on Finder
St George Advantage Package home loan
Find out how you could save with the St George Advantage Package Home loan by bundling some of your financial products together.
St.George Basic Home Loan
The St.George Basic Home Loan offers you an affordable interest rate, low fees and the opportunity to repay your loan sooner if you choose.
St.George Fixed Rate Home Loan
When you fix the interest rate on your home loan, you can prepare your budget for the fixed amount and know exactly what your repayments will be over this time.
St.George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan
The St.George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan is a full-featured home loan that offers a low interest rate.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a variable rate of 8.9% p.a. with a comparison rate of 9.18% p.a. if you're approved.
A credit limit up to $75,000 that you can continue to draw down over terms up to 5 years.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 6.05% p.a. to 20.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A personalised loan from $2,001 to $75,000 that varies based on your credit history and financial situation.
You'll receive a guaranteed rate of 6.49% p.a. with a comparison rate of 7.41% p.a. if you're approved.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
Ask an Expert