ME Personal Loans
Along with its motto "Bank Fairer", ME offers a personal loan with a competitive interest rate and a range of flexible options.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
ME is a 100% Australian-owned bank that was established by industry super funds to offer a banking alternative. It offers a wide range of banking products and services to its customers, including savings accounts, home loans and credit cards. ME also offers a personal loan that can help you buy a car, pay for home renovations or even take a holiday. Find out more about its personal finance offerings in the guide below.
ME personal loan comparison
ME offers only one personal loan, and the ME Personal Loan can be used to purchase a new car or boat, to pay for a wedding, fund a holiday or consolidate existing debts. The loan amount can be between $5,000 and $50,000 with a repayment period of 1 to 7 years.
Features and benefits of an ME Personal Loan
The ME Personal Loan comes with a few convenient advantages that make it worth considering, including:
- No account-keeping fees. There are no account-keeping or annual fees, helping you save money in the long run.
- Flexible repayment frequency. There is an option to pay either fortnightly or monthly to suit your household budget.
- No fees for extra repayments. There is no charge for making extra repayments or for paying off your loan before the end of the loan term. This can help you get out of debt quicker.
- Online application. The ME Personal Loan can be applied for quickly and easily online.
What other products does ME offer?
- Bank accounts. ME has a comprehensive range of banking products ranging from everyday transaction accounts to term deposits.
- Home loans. ME offers a suite of home loans to cater for various types of home buyers, from first-time homeowners to investors.
- Credit cards. The bank offers a MasterCard that features 44 interest-free days, a low annual fee and a competitive interest rate.
Weren't ME previously known as ME Bank?
Yes. ME went through a re-branding in 2015. They are now known simply as ME.
How to apply for a Personal Loan from ME
The process of applying for an ME Personal Loan is quick and simple – just click "Go to Site" to get your application started. To be eligible for this loan you will need to:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be applying in your personal name/s
- Be An Australian citizen or permanent resident
If you meet the above criteria you can take the next step towards applying. Just make sure you have the below information in hand:
- Proof of your identity, such as your passport or driver's licence
- Personal information including your name, address and contact details
- Employment information including where you work, the name and contact details of your employer and how long you've worked there
- Financial details such as your income, your assets, your current debts and your liabilities
The application shouldn't take longer than ten minutes, and if you don't complete it in full you can save it and finish it later. Remember that while ME provides a competitive offering, compare your options before submitting your application.
Read more on this topic
ME Flexible Fixed Home Loan with Member Package
Lock in a competitive fixed rate with flexible terms such as extra repayments up to $30,000 each year.
ME Flexible Home Loan with Member Package
The ME Flexible Home Loan With Member Package, also known as the Bob Home Loan, entitles you to a 0.20% p.a. interest rate discount if you pay a $395 annual fee. Other features include a 100% offset account, flexible repayment options and a free redraw facility.
ME Flexible Fixed Home Loan
A review of the Flexible Fixed Home Loan offered by ME Bank.
ME Basic Home Loan review
The ME Basic Home Loan is a no-frills home loan that offers a competitive variable rate and no ongoing account-keeping fees.
ME Flexible Home Loan review
The ME Flexible Home Loan is available with a fixed or variable rate, or it can be split to suit your needs.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.95% p.a. and 17.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.