Plan your next holiday, buy your next car, or make those home improvements you’ve been wanting to do – all with IMB.
As the longest standing building society in New South Wales, IMB not only has a competitive range of personal loans to offer its members, but also a wealth of financial experience. IMB is run to benefit members and offer what it calls "Better Value Banking", providing fully-featured banking products through their online banking facilities, branch network and mobile lending team.
IMB Personal Loan
The IMB Car Loan allows offers a low fixed interest rate car loan with no application fee for a limited time.
- Interest Rate From: 6.34% p.a.
- Comparison Rate: 6.62% p.a.
- Interest Rate Type: Fixed
- Application Fee: $199
- Minimum Loan Term: 1 year
- Maximum Loan Term: 7 year
- Minimum Loan Amount: $2,000
- Maximum Loan Amount: $75,000
Comparison of personal loans available from IMB
- New car loan. With this loan you’re able to borrow between $2,000 and $75,000 to finance a new car purchase. The loan offers fixed repayments, a competitive interest rate plus the ability to make additional repayments.
- Secured personal loan. This loan option from IMB lets you put up a new or used vehicle as a guarantee to borrow for a range of purposes. You can borrow between $2,000 and $60,000 for 1 to 5 years for a competitive fixed rate.
- Unsecured personal loan. This unsecured loan can be used for any purpose and doesn’t require you to attach an asset as a guarantee. You can borrow between $2,000 and $20,000 for 1 to 5 years, plus you can enjoy no penalty for early payout.
- IMB Wedding Package. This is an innovative offering from IMB that lets you package a secured or unsecured personal loan, an Everyday Unlimited Account and a Reward Saver Account. This package lets you take advantage of lower fees and convenient access to your funds to help you plan your special day.
Features of an IMB personal loan
IMB personal loans come with a range of benefits that make them competitive products to consider. Here are some of the features you can expect when you apply:
- Can finance a range of purposes. IMB personal loans can be used to finance a range of purposes, including vehicle purchases, holidays, home improvements, and even weddings.
- Flexible loan amounts. The range of loans available offer amounts of between $2,000 and $75,000, giving you financing options.
- Additional repayments. You won’t be charged for making early repayments for any of IMB’s personal loans, which can help you save on interest charges should you find yourself able to make them.
- Insurance options. You’re able to add loan repayment insurance onto your IMB personal loan so you are protected should you find yourself unable to make repayments. This is an optional extra on all of IMB personal loan products.
Other products offered by IMB
Apart from personal loans, IMB also offers a range of personal and business financial products and services.
- Home loans. IMB offer variable and fixed rate home loans for first-home buyers, investors, refinancers or even those looking to renovate their property. There are a range of home loan products available for a range of budgets and purposes, from low-cost and essentials products to fully-featured loans.
- Bank accounts. Whether you’re a student, pensioner, a parent looking to open an account for your child, or you just want an everyday banking account, IMB can offer you an account for your needs. They offer tailored banking account products that give you easy access to your money through internet and phone banking.
- Savings and investment products. You can choose from a Reward Saver Account, a Cash Management Account, an IMB Term Deposit, a DIY Super Account or the innovative Christmas Club Account that can help you save for your Christmas-spending money.
- Credit and debit cards. IMB provides two credit cards: the IMB Low Rate MasterCard and the IMB Platinum MasterCard, so you’re able to choose one that better suits your spending patterns and finances. You can also choose to shop with your own money using an IMB Visa Debit Card.
- Foreign cash and travel money. IMB offer a foreign exchange service to help you facilitate the exchange of currency, as well as a Multi-Currency Cash Passport to use when you travel.
- Insurance products. You can choose to take out a range of covers with IMB, including Home & Contents Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Credit Protection, Travel Insurance, Landlords Insurance and caravan Insurance.
- Financial planning. IMB also offer financial planning services for those at a range of life stages and who are on any kind of budget. They provide tailored planning to those preparing to retire or who have already retired, those just starting out with their finances, for women who want to plan their financial futures, or those who just want help managing their finances.
How you can apply for an IMB personal loan
Applying for an IMB personal loan is simple. You can use the comparison table on this page to find the loan you want to apply for, then click the "Go to site" button to be directed through to IMB’s online application form. However, the first step is making sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident
- Never declared bankruptcy or had any legal judgements against you for the recovery of debt
You'll also need the following on hand to complete your application:
- Personal and contact details
- Employment and income information
- Financial details including your expenses, assets, debts and liabilities
IMB’s application process will generally take between 15-20 minutes to complete. Make sure you compare your options thoroughly before applying to ensure IMB is the right personal loan provider for you.