IMB Personal Loans
Plan your next holiday, buy your next car, or make those home improvements you’ve been wanting to do – all with IMB.
- COVID-19 Update
If you're struggling to repay your personal loan, you can get in touch with the bank directly or read our guide.
As the longest standing building society in New South Wales, IMB not only has a competitive range of personal loans to offer its members, but also a wealth of financial experience. IMB is run to benefit members and offer what it calls "Better Value Banking", providing fully-featured banking products through their online banking facilities, branch network and mobile lending team.
- No monthly account fees
- Extra repayments OK
- Borrow up to $60,000
100% confidential application
IMB Secured Personal Loan
A competitive fixed rate loan available from $2,000 that you can use for any worthwile purpose. Security required.
- Interest rate: 6.45% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 6.80% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $275.12
- Minimum loan amount: $2,000
- Maximum loan amount: $60,000
Comparison of personal loans available from IMB
- New car loan. With this loan you’re able to borrow between $2,000 and $75,000 to finance a new car purchase. The IMB car loan offers fixed repayments, a competitive interest rate plus the ability to make additional repayments.
- Secured personal loan. This loan option from IMB lets you put up a new or used vehicle as a guarantee to borrow for a range of purposes. You can borrow between $2,000 and $60,000 for 1 year to 5 years for a competitive fixed rate.
- Unsecured personal loan. This unsecured loan can be used for any purpose and doesn’t require you to attach an asset as a guarantee. You can borrow between $2,000 and $30,000 for 1 year to 5 years, plus you can enjoy no penalty for early payout.
- IMB Wedding Package. This is an innovative offering from IMB that lets you package a secured or unsecured personal loan, an Everyday Unlimited Account and a Reward Saver Account. This package lets you take advantage of lower fees and convenient access to your funds to help you plan your special day.
Features of an IMB personal loan
IMB personal loans come with a range of benefits that make them competitive products to consider. Here are some of the features you can expect when you apply:
- Can finance a range of purposes. IMB personal loans can be used to finance a range of purposes, including vehicle purchases, holidays, home improvements, and even weddings.
- Flexible loan amounts. The range of loans available offer amounts of between $2,000 and $75,000, giving you financing options.
- Additional repayments. You won’t be charged for making early repayments for any of IMB’s personal loans, which can help you save on interest charges should you find yourself able to make them.
- Insurance options. You’re able to add loan repayment insurance onto your IMB personal loan so you are protected should you find yourself unable to make repayments. This is an optional extra on all of IMB personal loan products.
Other products offered by IMB
Apart from personal loans, IMB also offers a range of personal and business financial products and services.
- Home loans. IMB offer variable and fixed rate home loans for first-home buyers, investors, refinancers or even those looking to renovate their property. There are a range of home loan products available for a range of budgets and purposes, from low-cost and essentials products to fully-featured loans.
- Bank accounts. Whether you’re a student, pensioner, a parent looking to open an account for your child, or you just want an everyday banking account, IMB can offer you an account for your needs. They offer tailored banking account products that give you easy access to your money through internet and phone banking.
- Savings and investment products. You can choose from a Reward Saver Account, a Cash Management Account, an IMB Term Deposit, a DIY Super Account or the innovative Christmas Club Account that can help you save for your Christmas-spending money.
- Credit and debit cards. IMB provides two credit cards: the IMB Low Rate MasterCard and the IMB Platinum MasterCard, so you’re able to choose one that better suits your spending patterns and finances. You can also choose to shop with your own money using an IMB Visa Debit Card.
- Foreign cash and travel money. IMB offer a foreign exchange service to help you facilitate the exchange of currency, as well as a Multi-Currency Cash Passport to use when you travel.
- Insurance products. You can choose to take out a range of covers with IMB, including Home & Contents Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Credit Protection, Travel Insurance, Landlords Insurance and caravan Insurance.
- Financial planning. IMB also offer financial planning services for those at a range of life stages and who are on any kind of budget. They provide tailored planning to those preparing to retire or who have already retired, those just starting out with their finances, for women who want to plan their financial futures, or those who just want help managing their finances.
How you can apply for an IMB personal loan
Applying for an IMB personal loan is simple. You can use the comparison table on this page to find the loan you want to apply for, then click the "Go to site" button to be directed through to IMB’s online application form. However, the first step is making sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- An Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident
- Never declared bankruptcy or had any legal judgements against you for the recovery of debt
You'll also need the following on hand to complete your application:
- Personal and contact details
- Employment and income information
- Financial details including your expenses, assets, debts and liabilities
IMB’s application process will generally take between 15-20 minutes to complete. Make sure you compare your options thoroughly before applying to ensure IMB is the right personal loan provider for you.
Read more on this topic
Driva Caravan Loans Want to compare caravan loans, but don't know where to start? Driva is a licensed Aussie broker specialising in loans for a range of vehicles. Visit Driva and compare caravan loans today.
Driva Car Loans Driva offers personalised rates and lets you compare a range of lenders. Find the right car loan for you today.
loans.com.au green car loan If you're thinking of upgrading to a more energy efficient vehicle, you can apply for a loans.com.au green car loan today. Receive a competitive rate and a limited-time special offer.
Coronavirus car care tips Been washing your hands and cleaning your devices but forgot your car? Here's how to give your car a deep clean.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can't afford your car repayments Can't afford your car loan repayments because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Here's what to do.
Jump Payments car loans If you're looking to buy a new car and don't know where to start when it comes to finance, Jump Payments could help you to find the right car loan for your circumstances.
DBS Finance Boat Loan If you're looking to buy a boat, DBS Finance could help. With over 20 reputable partnered lenders, specialist brokers and pre-approval, you could be sailing away before you know it.
DBS Finance Caravan Loan Looking for the perfect caravan to explore Australia? DBS Finance may be able to help. With 20+ partnered reputable lenders, it might be able to find the right loan for you.
Mazda3 car loans Find out how much you'll need to pay to get a Mazda3 with a car loan.
Best 2019 end of year plate car clearance deals Saves thousands of dollars on a new car with these end of year plate deals.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 25.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.88% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.5% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $10,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.45% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert