Online Car Finance Quote
Comparing online car finance quotes is one of the most convenient ways for you to shop around for the best deal.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you plan on buying a new or used car, you obviously want to compare what the market has to offer. It’s quite easy to get caught up with new features and the smell of a new car, but it’s always wise to put the excitement aside and compare what different financiers have to offer. Most people resort to financing when buying a car, so it makes sense to compare quotes to ensure you get the best possible deal. Over the term of the loan, comparing could save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
Gone are the days when you had to walk from lender to lender in a bid to compare rates. You can now conveniently get car finance quotes online.
Calculate how much you could borrow
Before you get a quote for your next car, it could be a good idea to know how much you could borrow. Use the calculator below to get an estimate of your borrowing power
How does an online car finance quote work?
Online car finance quotes help you get the right financing for your car loan. They also give you an upper hand when it comes to negotiating a better rate since you have a basic understanding of what the average interest rates and fees are. You are able to get a clear picture of the financial implications of a car loan, allowing you to make an informed choice.
Online car finance quotes work as follows. The first step is for you to provide lenders with your personal and financial information, along with the details of the car you wish to acquire. Each lender will then provide an overview of the type of loan you’d qualify for. You simply need to look for lenders’ sites and click on the link to obtain an online quote. The site will give you a list of the car loans provided by the lender and you can check out the application fees associated with each option.
Compare loan repayments below
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How to use a car finance quote to make a decision
The main aim of getting online car finance quotes is to find a lender that is most suitable for your needs. It’s advised that you compare quotes from at least three lenders before you settle on one. The most important considerations to look out for are interest rates, monthly repayments, loan term and the fees applicable with the car loan. You can use a comparison table to help you identify exactly how much the loan will cost you in the long run. You can also weigh up the pros and cons of fixed or variable interest rates to determine which option suits you better.
Online quotes will also help you compare the features that come with these loans. For example, you can find out if a certain lender allows extra payments and redraws. At the end of it all, these quotes will help you get the best car loan product.
Pros and cons of online car finance quotes
- Convenience. You don’t have to move from one financial institution to another looking for quotes. All you have to do is provide the information required and have your quote delivered to your inbox. This is a convenient and less stressful way of getting quotes.
- Easy budgeting. Online car finance quotes are beneficial even when you are just thinking of buying a car. They help you to start preparing early since you get an idea of what you would be required to pay for the loan on a monthly basis and in the long run.
- Better decision making. By comparing quotes, you are able to make an informed decision on the most suitable car loan provider.
- Poor decision making. There are far too many lenders online and the abundance of quotes may lead you to make a poor decision on a lender. It helps to work with recognised lenders you can trust.
What should I consider while requesting an online quote?
- False information. When requesting an online car finance quote, the information you provide must be factual. Providing false information may lead to a lender disqualifying your application.
- Overpricing / underpricing. Do not overprice or underprice the cost of the car you intend to buy. Remember that the value you provide will contribute to the quote that you will be given, and you need a quote that you can actually use.
- Settling. Do not settle for the first quote you come across. The whole point is to compare what different lenders have to offer to get the best deal.
How to obtain an online car finance quote
The information required when filling out an online car finance quote includes:
- The details of the car you wish to buy, such as the make, model, year, condition and where you are buying it.
- Your financial details. In this section you will list the loan amount and term that you require, as well as indicate whether you have any assets and liabilities.
- Your personal details. You will need to include your full name, address and contact details.
Once you are done filling in these details, simply submit your quote and wait for a response.
More guides on Finder
Stratton Finance Used Car Loan
A used car loan with high borrowing amounts and both secured and unsecured options.
CarClarity Car Loan
Find the best car loan for your circumstances with CarClarity. Rates start from just 3.35% p.a. and borrowers can apply for loans from $10,000 to $250,000 for new and used cars.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Car loan statistics 2021
Finder research shows 2.7 million Australians have a car loan. Find out how much Aussies are borrowing, and how this has changed over time.
Alex Car Loan
Opt for an Alex car loan and receive a personalised interest rate from 6.95% to 19.99%. Alex's car loans have no ongoing fees and are available from $2,100 to $30,000.
Toyota RAV4 car loans
Compare car loans and discover prices and specs of the Toyota RAV4.
Stratton Finance caravan loan review
Apply for a caravan loan with finance broker Stratton Finance and receive an interest rate from 5.49% p.a.
Stratton Finance boat loan review
Stratton Finance's boat loans range from $10,000 to $200,000 with rates from 5.99% p.a. Secured and unsecured options available.
OurMoneyMarket Car Loan
Get a loan for a new or used vehicle from $2,001 to $75,000. Rates start at just 5.35% p.a. and loan terms vary from 1 to 7 years.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.88% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert