Receive a benefit of up to $15,000 with Insuranceline Funeral Insurance.
You may think you’d gotten away with throwing the last big party of your life when you drove off into the sunset after your wedding, but there is one last showdown to come when you require a funeral. There are countless costs involved in death, from the cemetery fees, medical costs, the procession and the wake, you don’t want to leave your family to struggle to pay for these when you’re gone.
Instead, consider a funeral insurance policy from Insuranceline, which has been revamped to make it more relevant and valuable, and includes:
- A fast funeral payout: The benefit from your Insuranceline funeral plan will generally be paid to your beneficiaries within 24 hours of a claim being completed.
- 25% loyalty bonus cover. After holding a policy for five years, you could receive an extra 25% of the average Funeral Insurance Cover held during the previous five years.
- Value promise. After holding cover for over 12 months, if your loved ones make a claim they'll receive the highest payout between your cover amount or the premiums you've paid toward your cover.
- Up to $15,000 of cover: You can choose any benefit amount which suits you, from $1,000 up to the value of $15,000 which is paid as a lump sum and can be spent in any way your family needs to.
- Accidental death benefit: If you die as the result of an accident, your loved ones will receive a benefit amount equally matched to your funeral insurance cover. Accidental death cover applies in the first 12 months of the policy.
- Choice of payment frequency: You can choose to pay your funeral insurance premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually, according to your cash flow needs.
Insuranceline also offers you the option to add extra protection to your funeral insurance cover, with the choice of:
- Extra accidental death cover: You can increase the benefit amount for accidental death to $50,000 so that you know your family will be taken care of if you die suddenly as the result of an accident.
- Accidental injury cover: You don’t have to die to benefit from funeral insurance with Insuranceline, because you can add accidental injury cover, for a lump sum benefit of up to $50,000 if you suffer a serious or permanent injury.
You can apply for funeral insurance with Insuranceline if you are 21 to 80 years old, and when you turn 90, your cover will continue for free with no further premiums.
What won’t the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance Policy Cover?
For the first 12 months of your policy, cover is provided for accidental death only, so death by any other cause during this period will not be covered.
In addition, if you choose to add Extra Accidental Death Cover or Extra Accidental Injury Cover to your policy, no cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Actual or attempted self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Participation in illegal or criminal activity
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any drug not prescribed by a medical practitioner
- War, hostilities or war-like operations, whether it's declared or not, outside of Australia or New Zealand. Note: This does not include terrorism.
- Working in a dangerous occupation, e.g. in an underground mine or as a window cleaner above 20 metres
- Participating in dangerous activities e.g. professional sports, hang gliding, motor sports, diving to depths of more than 30 metres underwater
- Flying in an aircraft (except as a fare paying passenger or aircrew on a licensed commercial aircraft)
Who is eligible for the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance Policy?
- Australian residents aged between 21 and 80 years are eligible to apply for Insuranceline Funeral Insurance.
- You can apply for funeral insurance online or over the phone and are guaranteed acceptance within a few minutes. As long as your an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen residing in Australia, there are no medical tests to undergo or health questions to answer, and Accidental Death Cover begins as soon as you have purchased your policy.