Receive a benefit of up to $15,000 with Insuranceline Funeral Insurance.
You may think you’d gotten away with throwing the last big party of your life when you drove off into the sunset after your wedding, but there is one last showdown to come when you require a funeral. There can be countless costs involved in death. From the cemetery fees, medical costs and the funeral service, you don’t want to leave your family struggling to pay for these when you’re gone.
Instead, consider a funeral insurance policy from Insuranceline, which has been revamped to provide a better product to customers.
What we liked about Insuranceline Funeral Insurance
It offers up to $15,000 in cover to help your family take care of these expenses and use the money how they like. Some of the highlights we found include:
- Fast funeral payout: The benefit from your Insuranceline Funeral Insurance plan will generally be paid to your beneficiaries within 24 hours of a claim being completed.
- 25% loyalty bonus cover. After holding a policy for five years, you will receive an extra 25% of the average Funeral Insurance Cover held during the previous five years. This is at no extra cost.
- Value promise. After holding cover for over 12 months, if your loved ones make a claim they'll receive the higher payout between your cover amount or the premiums you've paid toward your cover.
- Choice of payment frequency: You can choose to pay your funeral insurance premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually, according to your cash flow needs.
Insuranceline also offers you the option to add extra protection to your funeral insurance cover, with the choice of:
- Extra accidental death cover: You can increase the benefit amount for accidental death to $50,000 if you die suddenly as the result of an accident.
- Accidental injury cover: You don’t have to die to benefit from funeral insurance with Insuranceline, because you can add accidental injury cover, for a lump sum benefit of up to $50,000 if you suffer a serious or permanent injury.
You can apply for funeral insurance with Insuranceline if you are 21 to 80 years old.
What won’t the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance policy cover?
For the first 12 months of your policy, cover is provided for accidental death only, so death by any other cause during this period will not be covered.
In addition, if you choose to add Extra Accidental Death Cover or Extra Accidental Injury Cover to your policy, no cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Actual or attempted self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Participation in illegal or criminal activity
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any drug not prescribed by a medical practitioner
- War, hostilities or war-like operations, whether it's declared or not, outside of Australia or New Zealand. Note: This does not include terrorism.
- Working in a dangerous occupation, e.g. in an underground mine or as a window cleaner above 20 metres
- Participating in dangerous activities e.g. professional sports, hang gliding, motor sports, diving to depths of more than 30 metres underwater
- Flying in an aircraft (except as a fare paying passenger or aircrew on a licensed commercial aircraft)
Who is eligible for the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance Policy?
- You are aged between 21 and 80 years.
- You an apply over the phone and are guaranteed acceptance.
- Eligible to Australian citizen, permanent residents, or a New Zealand citizens residing in Australia. There are no medical tests to undergo or health questions to answer. Accidental Death Cover begins as soon as you have purchased your policy.