Insuranceline Funeral insurance
Receive a benefit of up to $15,000 with Insuranceline Funeral Insurance.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There can be countless costs involved in death. From the cemetery fees, medical costs and the funeral service; you don't want to leave your family struggling to pay for these when you're gone. Instead, consider a funeral insurance policy from Insuranceline.
|Maximum sum insured||$15,000|
|Age of entry||25 to 80|
|How do I apply?||Online with Insuranceline|
Note: The following is based on the life insurer TAL Direct Pty Limited. TAL Direct Pty Limited is the actual insurer behind brands like Insuranceline Funeral insurance and a few others.
|Claims data||TAL||Industry Average|
|Claims acceptance rate||99.90%||98.90%|
|Average claim time (months)||0.60||0.60|
|Disputes per 100k lives||3.10||3.40|
We looked at APRA data for claims over 2017-2018. The statistics above reflect 'death cover' claims.
Get the latest deal from Insuranceline Funeral insurance
Get a quote from Insuranceline Funeral insurance
What we liked about Insuranceline Funeral Insurance
Insuranceline offers up to $15,000 in cover to help your family take care of these expenses and use the money how they like. Some of the highlights include a fast payout and a 10% loyalty bonus in cover. Click the dropdown below to find out more:
- Fast funeral payout: The benefit from your Insuranceline Funeral Insurance plan will generally be paid to your beneficiaries within 24 hours of a valid claim being completed.
- 10% loyalty bonus cover. After holding a policy for five years, adults will receive an extra 10% of the average Funeral Insurance Cover held during the previous five years. This is at no extra cost.
- Value promise:
- 100% Value Promise: You'll be paid the Funeral Insurance cover amount, plus any bonus cover, or 100% of the premiums paid toward your Funeral Insurance cover – whichever is greater.
- 70% Value Promise: You'll be paid the greater of the Funeral Insurance cover amount, plus any bonus cover, or 2. 70% of the premiums paid toward your Funeral Insurance cover.
- Choice of payment frequency: You can choose to pay your funeral insurance premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually, according to your cash flow needs.
Insuranceline also offers you the option to add extra protection to your funeral insurance cover, with the choice of:
- Extra accidental death cover: You can increase the benefit amount for accidental death to $50,000 if you die suddenly as the result of an accident.
You can apply for funeral insurance with Insuranceline if you are 25 to 80 years old and meet Australian residency requirements.
What won't the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance policy cover?
For the first 12 months of your policy, cover is provided for accidental death only, so death by any other cause during this period will not be covered.
In addition, if you choose to add Extra Accidental Death Cover to your policy, no cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Actual or attempted self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Participation in illegal or criminal activity
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any drug not prescribed by a medical practitioner
- War, hostilities or war-like operations, whether it's declared or not, outside of Australia or New Zealand. Note: This does not include terrorism.
- Working in a dangerous occupation, e.g. in an underground mine or as a window cleaner above 20 metres
- Participating in dangerous activities e.g. professional sports, hang gliding, motor sports, diving to depths of more than 30 metres underwater
- Flying in an aircraft (except as a fare paying passenger or aircrew on a licensed commercial aircraft)
Who is eligible for the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance Policy?
- You are aged between 25 and 80 years.
- You can apply over the phone and are guaranteed acceptance.
- Eligible to Australian citizens, permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens residing in Australia. There are no medical tests to undergo or health questions to answer. Accidental Death Cover begins as soon as you have purchased your policy.
More guides on Finder
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
EPOS GTW 270/GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds review
The EPOS GTW 270s cram impressive gaming audio performance into a set of compact and comfortable wireless earbuds.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
How to start a baby proofing business
Find out how to start a baby proofing business and run it from home in this guide.
How to start a grocery delivery business
Here's what you need to know before launching your new grocery delivery company.
How to start a pet sitting business
Do you love working with animals? Find out how to start your pet sitting business.
What is LVR on a home loan?
Your guide to home loan LVRs and how you can determine your loan to value ratio.
Ask an Expert