Insuranceline Funeral insurance
Receive a benefit of up to $15,000 with Insuranceline Funeral Insurance.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
There can be countless costs involved in death. From the cemetery fees, medical costs and the funeral service; you don't want to leave your family struggling to pay for these when you're gone. Instead, consider a funeral insurance policy from Insuranceline.
|Maximum sum insured||$15,000|
|Age of entry||25 to 80|
|How do I apply?||Online with Insuranceline|
Note: The following is based on the life insurer TAL Direct Pty Limited. TAL Direct Pty Limited is the actual insurer behind brands like Insuranceline Funeral insurance and a few others.
|Claims data||TAL||Industry Average|
|Claims acceptance rate||99.90%||98.90%|
|Average claim time (months)||0.60||0.60|
|Disputes per 100k lives||3.10||3.40|
We looked at APRA data for claims over 2017-2018. The statistics above reflect 'death cover' claims.
Get the latest deal from Insuranceline Funeral insurance
Insuranceline also offers you the option to add extra protection to your funeral insurance cover, with the choice of:
- Extra accidental death cover: You can increase the benefit amount for accidental death to $50,000 if you die suddenly as the result of an accident.
You can apply for funeral insurance with Insuranceline if you are 25 to 80 years old and meet Australian residency requirements.
What won't the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance policy cover?
For the first 12 months of your policy, cover is provided for accidental death only, so death by any other cause during this period will not be covered.
In addition, if you choose to add Extra Accidental Death Cover to your policy, no cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Actual or attempted self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Participation in illegal or criminal activity
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any drug not prescribed by a medical practitioner
- War, hostilities or war-like operations, whether it's declared or not, outside of Australia or New Zealand. Note: This does not include terrorism.
- Working in a dangerous occupation, e.g. in an underground mine or as a window cleaner above 20 metres
- Participating in dangerous activities e.g. professional sports, hang gliding, motor sports, diving to depths of more than 30 metres underwater
- Flying in an aircraft (except as a fare paying passenger or aircrew on a licensed commercial aircraft)
Who is eligible for the Insuranceline Funeral Insurance Policy?
- You are aged between 25 and 80 years.
- You can apply over the phone and are guaranteed acceptance.
- Eligible to Australian citizens, permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens residing in Australia. There are no medical tests to undergo or health questions to answer. Accidental Death Cover begins as soon as you have purchased your policy.
Ask an Expert