Receive a benefit of up to $15,000 with InsuranceLine Funeral Insurance.
Many of us put off taking out funeral insurance because it feels like we’re tempting fate, inviting the worst to happen and bringing up things which are best left under the rug. However, you don’t need to worry about a funeral insurance plan inviting death, because that’s not how it works, death doesn’t play by our rules, it finds us in its own time, and the only true certainty is that we’re all headed for the same end eventually.
Therefore, rather than be superstitious about death, you can be prepared and know that your family won’t have to worry about how to pay for your funeral. Then you truly can put the subject out of your mind, and you’ll hopefully be able to relax, reduce your stress and live a long and happy life.
While we are all still dying in much the same way that we always have, the way we manage our budget and financial products is evolving. That is why Insurance Line has evolved their funeral insurance product into a new incarnation, to offer level premiums for life, which don’t increase as you age, and to make your beneficiaries eligible for a premium refund if your policy is cancelled.
As part of the new InsuranceLine Lifetime Protection Promise, if you hold your funeral insurance policy for more than five consecutive years, your beneficiaries can still be eligible to receive a benefit when you die.
InsuranceLine is a direct life insurer, which means they don’t hold physical offices in Australia, and they can pass the savings onto you, from avoiding all the extra costs of staff, overheads and office space. InsuranceLine works in collaboration with specialist life insurer TAL, so you can feel secure knowing your insurance is held by an industry leader.
You may think you’d gotten away with throwing the last big party of your life when you drove off into the sunset after your wedding, but there is one last showdown to come when you require a funeral. There are countless costs involved in death, from the cemetery fees, medical costs, the procession and the wake, you don’t want to leave your family to struggle to pay for these when you’re gone.
Instead, consider the new funeral insurance policy from Insurance Line, which has been revamped to make it more relevant and valuable, and includes:
- A fast funeral payout: The benefit from your InsuranceLine funeral plan will generally be paid to your beneficiaries within 24 hours of a claim being completed.
- Up to $15,000 of cover: You can choose any benefit amount which suits you, from $2,000 up to the value of $15,000 which is paid as a lump sum and can be spent in any way your family needs to.
- Accidental death benefit: If you die as the result of an accident, the benefit amount of your funeral insurance can double, to a maximum, of $30,000 paid to your family. From the time your policy is approved you are covered for accidental death, while your family cannot make a claim for death by any other cause in the first 12 months.
- Guaranteed level premiums: Your funeral insurance premiums are guaranteed never to increase on your policy and are calculated based on your age and circumstances when you apply. Therefore, the sooner you apply, the lower your premiums will be over the course of your policy.
- Single or joint cover: Death will touch all of us eventually and none of us can predict when or how that will be, so InsuranceLine allows you to cover yourself, as well as other adult family members and children under 21 years old. Plus, when you cover more than one adult on your InsuranceLine Funeral Insurance, you will receive a 15% discount off of your premiums.
- Choice of payment frequency: You can choose to pay your funeral insurance premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually, according to your cash flow needs.
InsuranceLine also offers you the option to add extra protection to your funeral insurance cover, with the choice of:
- Extra accidental death cover: You can increase the benefit amount for accidental death to $50,000 so that you know your family will be taken care of if you die suddenly as the result of an accident.
- Accidental injury cover: You don’t have to die to benefit from funeral insurance with InsuranceLine, because you can add accidental injury cover, for a lump sum benefit of $50,000 if you suffer a serious or permanent injury.
You can apply for funeral insurance with InsuranceLine if you are 21 to 80 years old, and when you turn 90, your cover will continue for free with no further premiums.
What won’t the InsuranceLine Funeral Insurance Policy Cover?
For the first 12 months of your policy, cover is provided for accidental death only, so death by any other cause during this period will not be covered.
In addition, if you choose to add Extra Accidental Death Cover or Extra Accidental Injury Cover to your policy, no cover is available in the following circumstances:
- Actual or attempted self-inflicted injury or suicide
- Participation in illegal or criminal activity
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any drug not prescribed by a medical practitioner
- War, civil commotion or terrorism outside of Australia or New Zealand
- Working in a dangerous occupation, for example in an underground mine or as a window cleaner above 20 metres
- Participating in dangerous activities such as professional sports, hang gliding, motor sports, diving to depths of more than 30 metres underwater
- Flying in an aircraft (except as a fare paying passenger or aircrew on a licensed commercial aircraft)
Who is eligible for the InsureanceLine Funeral Insurance Policy?
- Australian residents aged between 21 and 80 years are eligible to apply for InsuranceLine Funeral Insurance, although the upper age limit drops to 70 years of age if you choose the Level Advantage option.
- You can apply for funeral insurance online or over the phone and are guaranteed acceptance within a few minutes. There are no medical tests to undergo or health questions to answer, and Accidental Death Cover begins as soon as you have purchased your policy.