- In addition to a couple of loyalty discounts, Suncorp offers you the chance for an early payout following your 85th birthday.
- Suncorp doesn't set a maximum expiry age limit. So, your policy will remain active so long as you keep up with your premium. This isn't the case among all the competition.
- You can't add terminal illness cover onto your policy. You can do so with Apia, Medibank, Real Funeral and Seniors Funeral Insurance.
Get a quote from Suncorp Funeral insurance
- Cover options: Choose cover from $3,000 to $15,000, which can be increased to $25,000 once your policy is in place.
- Bonus cover: Receive 10% bonus cover after 5 years. Bonus cover is provided at no extra cost.
- Early payout: Receive 120% of your benefit after your 85th birthday if you wish.
- Worldwide coverage: Suncorp will also make sure you are protected no matter where you are, with your funeral insurance remaining valid 24 hours a day seven days a week, anywhere in the world.
- Cooling-off period: If you want to take some time to consider whether the Suncorp funeral plan is right for your family, you have a 30 days day cooling off period. If you change your mind within this time you can cancel the policy and receive a full refund of any premiums you've paid.
- Family discount. Suncorp offers a 5% discount on each person you choose to cover under your policy.
Note: Be sure to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for terms and conditions.
To be eligible to apply for a Suncorp funeral insurance policy you must:
- Be between 45 and 80 years of age.
- Be able to pay your ongoing premiums over time.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and residing in Australia when you apply for cover.
You can apply for up to $15,000 cover and your policy is guaranteed renewable for the rest of your life in most circumstances.
Suncorp funeral insurance pros and cons
Still wondering if Suncorp is right for you? Here are the main pros and cons summarised:
- It's good if you want your funeral expenses paid for when you pass away.
- It's a well-known brand.
- It comes with an early payout option.
- It's not generally suitable for Australian residents under 45.
- You need to be an Australian resident to apply.
- It doesn't come with a terminal illness policy.
You can make a Suncorp funeral insurance claim by calling 13 11 55, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm (AEST). You'll need to have the policy number when you get in touch.
Why compare life insurance with Finder?
You pay the same price as buying directly from the life insurer.
We're not owned by an insurer (unlike other comparison sites).
We've done 100+ hours of policy research to help you understand what you're comparing.
Your Suncorp Funeral Insurance policy will not pay a lump sum Funeral Benefit if you die during the first 12 months months after your policy commencement date as a result of:
- An accident that occurred prior to your policy commencement date
- A sickness
- An intentional self-inflicted act
No early payment benefit is offered during the first 12 months following the commencement date of your policy.
Compare funeral insurance providers
You pay the same as buying directly from the life insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Our team of life insurance experts have researched and rated
dozens of policies as part of our Finder Awards
and published 250+ guides to make it easier for you to compare.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of life insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
We're here to help
Since 2016, we've helped 270,000+ people find life insurance by explaining your cover options, simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.