Apia Funeral Insurance
Save your family from any financial stress with Apia Funeral Insurance
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A funeral costs in Australia can cost from $4,000 to $15,0001. These costs need to be paid upfront, which can put unnecessary financial stress on your family during emotionally trying times.
Apia Funeral Insurance can provide you with cover from $3,000 to $15,000, with payments made to your beneficiaries within 24 hours of an approved claim.
The costs of a funeral are stressful for the whole family, err on the side of caution and consider funeral insurance.
Current APIA offers for April 2021
Get a quote from Apia Funeral insurance
Frequently asked questions when it comes to Apia Funeral Insurance cover
Apia Funeral Insurance is issued by Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited, which is part of TAL Life Limited. As Australia's largest life insurance specialist, TAL Life Limited has been providing cover for more than 150 years and insurers almost 4 million Australians. Asteron and TAL are licensed to use the Apia brand and are not part of the Apia group of companies.
Apia Funeral Insurance covers the funeral costs of a policyholder.
- How much cover do I need? This policy covers funeral costs from $3,000 to $15,000.
- How quickly will my family receive a benefit payment? The funeral costs need to be paid up front. This policy completes the payment usually within 24 hours of any approved claim so the family members get the financial assistance when it is required the most.
- Does the policy offer automatic acceptance? If an applicant is between 45 and 80 years of age, the application will be automatically accepted.
- Will the policy cover me if I die overseas? This policy provides cover 24/7, 365 days a year and anywhere in the world. This is especially useful if you are travelling abroad.
- Is there a family discount? Receive an additional 5% discount when you add another adult to the same Funeral Insurance policy.
- Can I get an early payout? Enjoy the option of receiving 120% of your benefit after your 85th birthday.
- Is there a cooling off period? There is a 30 day cooling off period within which the policy can be cancelled if you are not satisfied with the service or the final terms without any penalties.
Who can apply for Apia Funeral Insurance?
Generally, applicants can apply for APIA Funeral Insurance if they meet the following requirements:
- Age. The applicant must be between 45 and 80 years of age.
- Citizen. The applicant must be an Australian citizen or be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Number. Up to two people can take this policy jointly.
If this policy is suitable for your needs you can apply by calling Apia Funeral Insurance and speaking to a customer service representative or completing an online application.
What are the risks associated with the policy?
Any insurance policy comes with risk. It is always better to carefully examine all the terms and conditions of the policy or to consult a financial adviser before taking the policy. Some risks include
- Is this policy right for me? For those people who don't have adequate financial assets to cover any sudden financial costs, then funeral insurance might be beneficial.
- 12 month period. This policy covers any eventuality that occurs after the first 12 months of taking the policy. During the first 12 months claims for only accidental deaths will be processed. The claims will be refused during the first twelve months if death is caused as a result of:
- Prior accident. If a policyholder dies due to an accident which happened before the commencement of the policy.
- Sickness. Death due to any sickness is not covered.
- Self-inflicted act. Death due to intentional self-inflicted act will not be considered in the first twelve months.
How to make a claim with Apia Funeral Insurance?
The surviving policyholder or legal personal representative or nominated beneficiary needs to contact Apia Funeral Insurance after an insurable event occurs.
- Apia Funeral Insurance will send a claim pack, which would mention the information required for processing the claim
- Once the claim is approved the payments are usually made within 24 hours
Ready to apply for cover?
If you want to help save your family from having to worry about finances during an emotionally trying period, Apia Funeral Insurance might provide the cover you need. Compare Apia Funeral Insurance to other policies on the market and find the cover that is right for you.
More guides on Finder
Cost of death: The most expensive capital cities to hold a funeral revealed
The most expensive cities to die in throughout the country revealed in a new study by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Perth is Australia’s most expensive city to die in, with the average funeral costing $8,261. Brisbane is the cheapest city, with funerals costing $6,728.
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
4.1 million Australians may cut ties with their health insurance provider in 2021
Millions of Australians are shopping around for cheaper health insurance in the new year, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Life insurance for asthma sufferers
Learn how to get life insurance if you have asthma.
Life insurance for coma patients
How to get life insurance if you have been in a coma.
Life insurance for stroke patients
How to get life insurance if you’ve had a stroke.
Ask an Expert