Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Tas Gas: Gas provider
Tas Gas provides and installs natural gas to homes and businesses in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
Is Tas Gas right for me?
- What does Tas Gas offer? Gas services in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
- Product highlights: Specialised natural gas services and installation.
- Watch out for: Tas Gas doesn't offer electricity services or bundled deals. Also, the provider only operates across limited regions of Tasmania and in 10 towns in Victoria.
Tas Gas is one of only two natural gas retailers in Tasmania (the other is Aurora Energy). TasGas offers business and residential gas all over Tasmania and in limited areas of Victoria.
Aside from retailing gas, the Tas Gas Networks also own and operate hundreds of kilometres of pipeline as the only gas distributor in Tasmania.
If your property has a natural gas line and you live in an area serviced by Tas Gas, you can sign up for gas services online. If your property isn't connected to natural gas, you'll have to fill out a form to apply for installation. Installation takes approximately four to six weeks from the date you apply.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Can I get GreenPower?
No. GreenPower is a government scheme that certifies renewable energy sources. Tas Gas offers natural gas only, which is not considered to be a renewable energy source.
Where does Tas Gas operate?
Natural gas services are offered in the following locations in Tasmania:
- Bell Bay (Georgetown)
Tas Gas also offers natural gas to residents in the following Victorian towns:
- Lakes Entrance
- Swan Hill
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your gas bills using several methods including:
Why consider Tas Gas?
- Natural gas specialists. TasGas specialises in natural gas distribution and retail, which means you can get personalised support and advice from natural gas experts.
- Variety of payment options. Choose from a variety of payment options including BPAY, direct debit and credit card.
- Bill smoothing. With bill smoothing, the provider can average the total estimated cost of your annual gas bill and break it into manageable weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. This means you'll pay the same amount at regular intervals, which makes it easier to budget.
- Payment plans. If you're having difficulty paying your gas bill in one payment, reach out before the due date to organise a more manageable short-term payment plan.
Read more on this topic
How much does it cost to run your heater in winter (2020)? Heating is a huge energy cost in winter. Compare heating methods to see what your best options are.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia? Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
How much does a swimming pool cost to run? Have a pool or planning to get one? Find out what parts are costing you the most money and how you can save with a few simple changes.
New protections may help Australians concerned with rising energy bills Australians are feeling the bill crunch more than ever, but will a decrease in wholesale power prices help?
What is the average (kWh) cost of electricity in Australia? The amount you pay per unit of power depends on many factors. Find out how much you should be paying and how you can save.
The 5 most expensive appliances to run in your home Using energy-efficient appliances could save you hundreds each year. These five appliances are costing you the most.
AGL vs Energy Australia AGL or Energy Australia: Who offers better rates in your state?
Energy Australia vs Origin Energy Australia vs Origin: Find out who will save you more money.
Is buy now pay later a good option for solar? Buy now, pay later seems like a great way to get an expensive solar system now and pay it off when you're reaping the benefits, but there is a catch.
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert