Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Tas Gas: Gas provider
Tas Gas provides and installs natural gas to homes and businesses in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
Is Tas Gas right for me?
- What does Tas Gas offer? Gas services in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
- Product highlights: Specialised natural gas services and installation.
- Watch out for: Tas Gas doesn't offer electricity services or bundled deals. Also, the provider only operates across limited regions of Tasmania and in 10 towns in Victoria.
Tas Gas is one of only two natural gas retailers in Tasmania (the other is Aurora Energy). TasGas offers business and residential gas all over Tasmania and in limited areas of Victoria.
Aside from retailing gas, the Tas Gas Networks also own and operate hundreds of kilometres of pipeline as the only gas distributor in Tasmania.
If your property has a natural gas line and you live in an area serviced by Tas Gas, you can sign up for gas services online. If your property isn't connected to natural gas, you'll have to fill out a form to apply for installation. Installation takes approximately four to six weeks from the date you apply.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Can I get GreenPower?
No. GreenPower is a government scheme that certifies renewable energy sources. Tas Gas offers natural gas only, which is not considered to be a renewable energy source.
Where does Tas Gas operate?
Natural gas services are offered in the following locations in Tasmania:
- Bell Bay (Georgetown)
Tas Gas also offers natural gas to residents in the following Victorian towns:
- Lakes Entrance
- Swan Hill
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your gas bills using several methods including:
Why consider Tas Gas?
- Natural gas specialists. TasGas specialises in natural gas distribution and retail, which means you can get personalised support and advice from natural gas experts.
- Variety of payment options. Choose from a variety of payment options including BPAY, direct debit and credit card.
- Bill smoothing. With bill smoothing, the provider can average the total estimated cost of your annual gas bill and break it into manageable weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. This means you'll pay the same amount at regular intervals, which makes it easier to budget.
- Payment plans. If you're having difficulty paying your gas bill in one payment, reach out before the due date to organise a more manageable short-term payment plan.
Read more on this topic
Victorian electricity prices set to increase in the new year The Victorian Default Offer (VDO) is set to increase in 2020. How can learning about reference price, market offer and standing offer help?
OVO Energy Review OVO is one of the biggest electricity retailers in the UK. Find out what they have to offer in Australia.
Australia reaches "50%" in renewable energy use for the first time ever. But what does this mean? For 10 minutes, 50% of Australia's main electricity grid was powered by renewable energy, indicating an upward trend in green energy use.
Open Energy in Australia Energy is changing in Australia. Find out what open energy is and how it affects you.
The temperature trap: Air conditioning hacks Aussies are using to keep costs low With temperatures and energy costs rising, here are a couple of tech-savvy ways to save on aircon costs this summer.
The reference price: What is it and how does it affect you? We’ll explain what the new reference price, or Default Market Offer, is and how it affects residents in NSW, SA and QLD.
Kogan Energy: Electricity and gas plans Kogan Energy offers electricity to residents in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia as well as gas to customers in Victoria.
Discover Energy: Electricity plans Get electricity and solar services with Discover Energy in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Rimfire Energy: Electricity plans Find out what Rimfire Energy offers in your area and how you can pay your electricity bill.
What is the Green Electricity Guide and how do green ratings work? Here’s how Australia’s “greenest” energy providers are determined by the Green Electricity Guide.
Lower your household bills
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert