Compare plans from energy suppliers in Australia.
Tas Gas: Gas provider
Tas Gas provides and installs natural gas to homes and businesses in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
Is Tas Gas right for me?
- What does Tas Gas offer? Gas services in Tasmania and parts of Victoria.
- Product highlights: Specialised natural gas services and installation.
- Watch out for: Tas Gas doesn't offer electricity services or bundled deals. Also, the provider only operates across limited regions of Tasmania and in 10 towns in Victoria.
Tas Gas is one of only two natural gas retailers in Tasmania (the other is Aurora Energy). TasGas offers business and residential gas all over Tasmania and in limited areas of Victoria.
Aside from retailing gas, the Tas Gas Networks also own and operate hundreds of kilometres of pipeline as the only gas distributor in Tasmania.
If your property has a natural gas line and you live in an area serviced by Tas Gas, you can sign up for gas services online. If your property isn't connected to natural gas, you'll have to fill out a form to apply for installation. Installation takes approximately four to six weeks from the date you apply.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
No. Tas Gas doesn't offer electricity services or solar options.
Can I get GreenPower?
No. GreenPower is a government scheme that certifies renewable energy sources. Tas Gas offers natural gas only, which is not considered to be a renewable energy source.
Where does Tas Gas operate?
Natural gas services are offered in the following locations in Tasmania:
- Bell Bay (Georgetown)
Tas Gas also offers natural gas to residents in the following Victorian towns:
- Lakes Entrance
- Swan Hill
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your gas bills using several methods including:
Why consider Tas Gas?
- Natural gas specialists. TasGas specialises in natural gas distribution and retail, which means you can get personalised support and advice from natural gas experts.
- Variety of payment options. Choose from a variety of payment options including BPAY, direct debit and credit card.
- Bill smoothing. With bill smoothing, the provider can average the total estimated cost of your annual gas bill and break it into manageable weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments. This means you'll pay the same amount at regular intervals, which makes it easier to budget.
- Payment plans. If you're having difficulty paying your gas bill in one payment, reach out before the due date to organise a more manageable short-term payment plan.
How do I contact Tas Gas for support?
|Free calls in Tasmania||1800 438 427|
|Calls outside Tasmania||03 6336 9386|
|Gas emergencies and outages||180 2111|
|TTY users||133 677|
|Fax||03 6336 9385|
More energy guides
Moving, dissatisfied with your service or going off-grid?
Ask an Expert