Vision Super: Performance and fees
Vision Super is a profit-for-members fund with 13 investment products to choose between including a MySuper option and an ethical option.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vision Super performance and fees
When joining the fund you'll be placed in the Balanced Growth option initially which is the default MySuper option, however you can switch to another investment option at any time.
Key features of Vision Super
- Profit-for-members fund. Vision Super is a profit-for-members super fund, meaning all profits go back into the fund (instead of the shareholders).
- 80,000+ members. Vision Super began in 1947 and now has more than 80,000 members.
- Default insurance options. Eligible members will get default insurance cover when joining the fund with no medical exams.
- MySuper product. The Balanced Growth investment option is the default investment option for all members when joining the fund, unless you choose otherwise.
- Pre-mixed investment options. Members can choose between a range of different pre-mixed investment options that each have a different risk level and asset allocation.
- Ethical option. One of the pre-mixed investment options, Sustainable Balanced, invests with a socially responsible focus.
Vision Super investment options
Members can choose between 13 different investment options, including 5 pre-mixed, diversified investment options and 8 single sector options. If you don't make an investment choice, you'll be placed in the Balanced Growth option, which is the default investment product designed to suit most members.
Pre-mixed investment options
- Conservative (Low to Medium risk)
- Balanced (Moderate to High risk)
- Sustainable Balanced (High risk)
- MySuper: Balanced Growth (High risk)
- Growth (High risk)
Sector investment options
If you want more control over super, you can put together your own investment mix using one or more of the following individual sector options.
- Diversified Bonds
- Australian Equities
- International Equities
- Innovation and Disruption
- Just Shares
Vision Super default insurance cover
Eligible members will receive the following default insurance cover when joining:
- Death: This cover provides a lump sum payment to your nominated beneficiaries in the event of your death.
- Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD): This cover provides a lump sum payment to you in the event that you become permanently disabled.
- Income Protection: This cover is paid out in the even you can't work and lose your income.
You'll get a default, basic level of cover for the above insurances, however you can apply to increase your level of cover at any time if you think it's the right choice for you. You can also opt out of all insurance cover all together.
How to join Vision Super
You can join online by completing the application form on Vision Super's website. The application form should take you around 10-20 minutes to complete, and you'll need to provide the following bits of information:
- Your full name, date of birth and contact information
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option (if you want to invest in something other than the Balanced option) and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your super
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email. You can then give these to your employer so they can start paying your superannuation guarantee payments into your new fund.
More guides on Finder
How to watch Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL live and match preview
The Sixers and Thunder clash in the biggest Sydney Derby in the history of the Big Bash League.
Where to watch Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses online
Who will be declared House Cup Champion?
How to watch Ray Donovan: The Movie online in Australia
Will Mickey Donovan finally die in this wrap-up movie?
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Ask an Expert