GuildSuper | Performance, features and fees
GuildSuper is an industry super fund open to all Australians but dedicated to those in the pharmacy sector, veterinary and allied health industries.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
GuildSuper investment options
You'll automatically be placed in the MySuper Lifestage fund when you join, which invests your balance in line with your age. You'll be placed in the Building option when you're under 25, the Growing option when you're 25-59 and Consolidating when you're over 60. After joining you're able to switch to another investment option at any time.
What are the key features of GuildSuper?
- Industry super fund. GuildSuper is an industry super fund dedicated to the pharmacy sector, veterinary and allied health industries. However, anyone is now free to join.
- Majority of members are women. More than 85% of GuildSuper members are women, so the insurance and investment options are designed with women in mind.
- Choose from 9 investment options. Choose between 5 pre-mixed investment portfolios or 4 single asset classes.
- MySuper investment option. The MySuper Lifestage option is the default option for members who don't wish to choose their own investment option. It invests you super in line with your age.
- Default insurance cover. Eligible members receive automatic death and total permanent disablement (TPD) cover.
- Consolidate your super online. You can opt to consolidate your existing super into your new GuildSuper account when joining or any time after you've joined by logging into your online portal.
What investment options are available with GuildSuper?
You can choose from a range of pre-mixed investment portfolios, or build your own portfolio with the single sector options.
Option 1: Pre-mixed investment portfolios
Each option below invests in a different mix of high-risk growth assets and low-risk defensive assets. You can see what assets are classed as growth and defensive below:
- Growth assets: Australian and international shares, private equity, infrastructure and property, alternatives.
- Defensive assets: Infrastructure, property, fixed income and cash (such as term deposits).
If you don't want to make a choice, you'll be placed in the MySuper Lifestage option, which is the default option.
|Portfolio||Risk level||Benchmark asset allocation|
|MySuper Lifestage |
This is the default option, and it's split into three different investment options depending on your age.
|High to Very High||Under 60:|
This portfolio aims for some growth over the medium to long term, but is more focused on protecting your balance with a much higher allocation to defensive assets.
|Low to Medium||Growth assets: 32%|
Defensive assets: 68%
This option aims for more balance between growth and defensive assets, however it still has around 70% allocation to growth assets.
|Medium to High||Growth assets: 69%|
Defensive assets: 31%
This portfolio invests in more growth assets than the Balanced option, but it still has around 20% allocation to defensive assets. It's designed for members mainly looking for growth, with some level of capital stability.
|High||Growth assets: 81%|
Defensive assets: 19%
|High Growth |
This is the highest risk option and invests heavily in Australian and international shares. Almost 100% of your balance will be invested in growth assets. It's designed for members with a longer investment timeframe of at least 7-10 years.
|Very High||Growth assets: 98%|
Defensive assets: 2%
Option 2: Sector investment options
If you want to be more hands-on and create your own investment mix, you can put together your own portfolio using a mix of these single asset class options.
- Secure (cash)
- International Shares (unhedged)
- Australian Shares
- Property Securities
What insurance cover is available with GuildSuper?
Members will be eligible for the following insurance cover automatically when joining (you'll receive a basic level of cover to start with):
- Death. This is paid to your beneficiary (usually your spouse or a member of your immediate family) in the event of your unexpected death.
- Total and permanent disability (TPD). This is paid to you in the event you become disabled and can no longer work.
You can increase, reduce or cancel your cover altogether at any time after joining the fund. You also have the option of adding income protection insurance and life insurance cover at any point.
How do I join GuildSuper?
You don't need to work in the pharmacy sector, veterinary and allied health industries to join GuildSuper, anyone is able to join online. The application process is simple and should take you less than 20 minutes to complete.
As well as your full name and date of birth, make sure you have the following details handy before you start the application:
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your funds during the application process
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email.
More guides on Finder
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Dyson V12 Detect Slim review: Baby love, my baby love
A delightful compact vacuum with an unjustifiable price.
Stan Event: Streaming platform joins pay-per-view ranks
A new player enters the Australian sports broadcast market.
Amazon Echo Buds (2nd Gen) review: Fine if you’re already trapped by Bezos
The Amazon Echo Buds 2 are a solid addition to your earholes if you’re already integrated in the Alexa ecosystem. But if you’re not, its hard to find anything here that really stands out.
Ask an Expert