Save the funds you need for a relaxed and comfortable retirement with GuildSuper.
Established more than 15 years ago, GuildSuper was originally set up to provide superannuation services to pharmacists. Now offering its products to a wide range of professions that provide caring services to the community, GuildSuper now has more than 70,000 members and more than $1 billion of funds under management.
GuildSuper offers multiple MySuper options to suit people at different life stages, a MyMix investment option to allow you to customise your investment, two pension plans to help you make the most of your super savings, and insurance for its super members.
A closer look at GuildSuper
GuildSuper looks after the superannuation needs of pharmacists, child care workers, veterinarians, physiotherapists and a range of other professions. With a focus on offering competitive fees and charges and providing solid investment returns for members, GuildSuper features a range of superannuation products to suit members at different life stages. Eligible members also receive death, TPD and income protection insurance through the fund.
What’s internet banking like for GuildSuper?
GuildSuper fund members can check their balance online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This provides you with easy access via computer, tablet or phone to your account balance and other key details whenever you wish.Back to top
What super funds are offered by GuildSuper?
GuildSuper offers a wide selection of superannuation products to its members. These include:
- ‘Set and forget’ MySuper options. These super options are designed so that you don’t have to worry about how your super is invested. It’s a simple and cost-effective way to save for your retirement, and GuildSuper offers the following choices:
- MySuper Building Lifestage Option (Under 40). With a return target of CPI + 3.5% p.a. over rolling 10-year periods, this product has a higher level of investment risk. It attracts annual fees of $565.
- MySuper Growing Lifestage Option (40-55). This product has a medium to high level of investment risk with a return target of CPI + 3.0% p.a. on rolling 10-year periods. A fee of $520 is payable each year.
- MySuper Consolidating Lifestage Option (56 and over). With a low to medium investment risk and an annual fee of $470, this option is for those aged 56 or older and has a return target of CPI + 2.5% p.a.
- ‘Choose your own’ MyMix option. This product allows you to customise an investment plan tailored to your own specific needs. It gives you the power to shape your investment portfolio using your chosen combination of eight available options. This means you can weight your portfolio towards one particular asset class, while GuildSuper also provides education and ongoing advice to members. A percentage based admin fee applies.
What pension accounts offered by GuildSuper?
If you’re looking for a pension plan to help you manage financially during your retirement, GuildSuper provides two options:
- Transition to Retirement Plan. This plan allows you to access your super while you are still working. This allows you to cut down on your hours at work as you approach retirement but still keep your same income, or to maintain the same hours of work but boost your super balance at the same time. If you’re 60 years or over, the income you draw from your GuildSuper Pension is tax free. At the same time, you continue to enjoy the insurance benefits of super membership and take advantage of the growth of your super investments.
- Account Based Pension Plan. While some people like to withdraw their superannuation balance as a lump sum when they retire from the workforce, a GuildSuper Account Based Pension Plan allows you to keep your super balance invested to create an ongoing income stream. Offering competitive fees and flexible payment options, this pension plan allows you to continue on with your investment strategy into retirement.
What you need to know before you apply
There are two ways you can open a GuildSuper account:
- When your employer makes a payment for you. If your employer has already opened a GuildSuper account for you by making a contribution, your funds will be invested in the Lifecycle Investment Strategy. You will then be able to fill out a member application form.
- When you choose to join.
If the second option applies to you, you can fill out a GuildSuper member application form online. Make sure you read the GuildSuper PDS and Member Guide first to decide whether or not this is the right fund for you.
You’ll need to provide a range of details as part of the application process, including:
- Your full name, date of birth and gender
- Your phone number and email address
- Your Tax File Number
- If applicable, details of your existing super that you would like to rollover into your GuildSuper account
- The super investment option you would like to choose - MySuper or MyMix
- Your employment details, including your current occupation, the date you commenced employment and your annual salary
- Information about whether or not you’re a white-collar worker
- Information about whether you hold a tertiary qualification, or if you are a member of a professional or government organisation
- Whether you would like to nominate any beneficiaries
You’ll need to submit your member application to GuildSuper and provide a completed Choice of Superannuation Fund form to your employer.
Once your account has been set up you will receive a Welcome Kit and member card, but a 20-day cooling-off period applies in case you change your mind about fund membership.